Tensei Goblin dakedo Shitsumon aru?

Don't be fooled by the 7.87/10 rating, dozens of kids just voted with 10/10 so it got boosted.

This is mediocre at best; 4/10. Can be a 5/10 later if it improves,but given how the premise and everything is plagiarized, you are better to read the originals.

Gets a 7 from me. It aint great, but both story, art and premise are good and its at the very least oriented towards being a happy manga (something I value a lot, World is depressing enough without unnecessary drama and tragic backgrounds in fictional stories). While this would usually only be a 6, I give it a 7 because it could be great and as of now I choose to thave faith that it will grow into a 7 or even beyond

@SDiego
That really applies to all manga and rating systems in general which most seem not to get. People treat it like a like/dislike system, but its clearly not; just because you like something, does not mean it should receive a 10 nor does the converse apply, just because you dislike, it should not necessarily get a 1. Why is that? Its to differentiate good from great and bad from awful, after all, you wouldn't put a McDonald's cheeseburger on the same standing as an in&out burger; there is clearly a ranking difference between the two and you should vote accordingly.

Edit: Again, more parallels between this and slime...

The setting (as always) falls a bit flat. The 7 day lifespan just seems too implausible and the maths behind getting skills just seems ridiculous. 200+ skills? What is even the point other than Deus Ex Machina later down the line when the author writes themselves into a corner?

The art is fine, but the story thus far really is just a poor man's Slime, except with 277 skills, this goblin is already guaranteed ridiculously strong. At least Rimuru slowly built up her repertoire.

We'll see as the plot develops, but so far, this barely passes a 5 for me.

@Christopher

People are scared to pick numbers below 8, and I think it's the journalists' fault: they seldom give AAA games/movies a bad rating, due to those studios financing the journos.
In reality, these items are way below 8/10, but nobody dares to say so.

In case of manga, I think only the small amount of MangaDex readers' opinion is the cause: there's ~300 votes for this series. If this were MAL, they would drag its ass through the mud, but because there isn't many people who would even click on this (due to it being a 4/10 just by the cover..), it gets high scores.
(just checked: on MAL,this trash doesn't even has enough votes to have a score,lol...)

@lleris
The 7 day lifespan would mean that there should be mountains of goblin corpses in this world..a whole ass goblinocaust, that's what it is.
Kumo desu ga was all about the grind, and every upgrade felt earned. This? "lol,here's some random-ass skill from ded goblin".Due to them dying like flies (even worse, house flies live up to 15-30 days..), it gives a "reason" for the MC to have what, 300+ skills later on...
Even Slime had a better grind (even though I would say it's still cheat-y, Rimuru is OP in the first few chapters already...), but this is just bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
>An ordinary office worker should have died in a traffic accident, but when he awoke he became a goblin.
Not this shit again. In dropped it goes.
Although I have not even read it yet.

Some of yall are straight up unpleasant, its nice to see different takes on ways to isekai. Plus the art is good and the story has potential. Just lighten up, go outside.

this is my fist time posting a comment beacause i see too much people saying the story is bad, but it's only the 4th chap and i think it's too early to say thing like this, for my part this manga have good atmophere, the drawing is good, and the hero seem normal not a wimp or a psycho, soo it have some potencial ....

Dex-chan lover
people do realize that the skills he inherited regardless of how many they are(except to the 2 really strong ones) are still from goblins, people are either complaining that MC is using basic skills for having 200+ skills or complaining that he's so OP for having 200+ skills... remember those are skills from goblins so it'd probably be rudimentary skills(the stone magic are for building and throwing stones ffs)

Dex-chan lover
@tolretla I wouldn’t exactly call it a new take. The first chapter is basically a copy paste of slime reincarnation. Especially the part right before the reincarnation. I’ve never seen such blatant plagiarism with just a new coat of paint added over it. The skills were also given in the exact same way. The fact that the main character can get skills in a special way is also similar. And then the MC meets a super powerful creaturewho powers them up even more. The dragon in slimes case and demon lord in this case. The part after the reincarnation isn’t as bad but the beginning is just trash.

I think new isekai deserve the same treatment as some commonly treated 'generic anime' do: that is 'the 3 episode rule'. This manga seems to be getting trashed by high headed readers who write it off from the very description despite it doing what is common in transformative narratives as in to take a familiar plot and make their own twist or turn on it.

The art is aesthetically pleasing and though there are cliched themes the story is on the slow growth side than the expected '2 chapters in I became a demigod'. Even the OP skill he received from the dying demon lord had the prerequisite of him beating the opponent before it can be used. I think that as manga readers the reason we're all in this is to look for stories that can entertain and invest our time in good ways. Instead of giving into a narrow idea that every thing that sounds generic on the cover isn't worth your time it would be better used to give things a college try for a few chapters and even if it doesn't fit your tastes you've had at least learn more about your ideals and standards by interacting with it.

also It's so weird to see comments going 'I didn't even read this but dropped' when the story has the isekai tag and goblin in the name. It's as though someone saw a meat store and walked in to declare their grandiose inclination to be a vegan before leaving.

Not the newest concept in the world, but honestly a decent read, and it isn't a "look how many clichés I can fit into one story" type of manga either. So if you like Re:monster and slime data, this is like both of those combined.

It's honestly really enjoyable so far, hope it keeps up. Excited for the chapter drops in the next coming days

Users who are viewing this thread