Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru ~Jakushou Ryouchi o Uketsuida node, Yuushuu na Jinzai o Fuyashiteitara, Saikyou Ryouchi ni Natteta~ - Vol. 1…

am i the only one who has no fucking idea why this is an isekai? I mean whats the point of the background of him being a middle aged man from another world if he behaves truly like a little child with no connection to his former middle aged self. could have just made this a fantasy manga with a boy who has the power to appraise something and everything except the first chapter would be 100% the same.

Fed-Kun's army
@duderus, I would've preferred what the web novel did rather than what the manga did.

@TanithG, I know right, great point.

@Rayster, I don't recall that being the reasoning in this story, but it's a viable excuse.

@Kuraiaku, I know you didn't say that, I was just bringing it up because it's usually left out of the discussion. Sure, the trope is used for convenience in isekais in a variety of ways. I agree.

@ka-ka-kaitouu, I can respect you went out and deep dived on the meaning of a vassal in middle age/medieval culture and pointed out it's a serious oath. There are two problems with your argument tho, 1) he's technically only a kid in physical form, mentally he's an adult. So he should've offered a better response verbally and in action. 2) Ritsu, a former street urchin, is standing right next to Ars indicating that her hasty generalization about Ars is, at the very least, questionable. Ritsu's presence doesn't mean her reasoning is entirely faulty, but it should've raised some questions and a careful author would've had Ritsu speak up about what he witnessed about Ars. Then it could've gone into some back and forth between Charlotte and Ritsu as to whether she could trust him or if she thought he was a sell out or something.

Her refusing is understandable, doesn't make it rational. Whether she's biter, hurt, or not is moot to the point that Ars' point is factual. He could make her life better. She's choosing to remain in a harsh position simply because of her prejudice. That's really all there is to it. People like to give a free pass when prejudice and generalizations come from those they consider to be oppressed or downtrodden. It's sill prejudice. (not accusing you of this) The point, faulty ideologies can clog up one's ability to think properly. She's judging him based on a generalization no different than a rich person judges someone of her status based on a generalization. That's kind of the point of the whole store. Ars can see everyone's actual potential rather than simply judging based on outside appearances.

Her being 11 is a good point tho. Just the author wrote her argument as if it was coming from an adult and then wrote Ars as the actual child despite being the adult mentally. I'm not saying she couldn't make a similar argument, but I don't think it would've been worded that way, but then again, her characterization could be a deep thinking one. Bug given that her speech is a "D"..eeeh...I doubt it. I'd give you this point if her argument was more along the lines of "We don't have things we need, most people have things we need, it's unfair." That's what I'd expect from someone 10-12 with a speech rating of "D." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know that's how my youngest daughter frames those types of arguments.

I do think Rayster brought up a good point on this, and I agree there.

The overall problem isn't necessarily her argument, it's that the author made her seem right with Ars' introspection later and verbal agreement that she was right when his very character is an indication that she's wrong. I would've cared less about her argument if Ars had some comeback even if the girl maintained her position. I would've seen her as blinded by her experiences without looking beyond them and respected the MC and author more for creating a scenario where Charlotte joins the team more difficult and well thought out way when compared to Ritsu joining the team.

Dex-chan lover
Of course he will save the girl and the girl will bow and sworn loyalty to him. Mangaka keikaku doori.

Can't be dragged to vtuber hell if I'm already in there booiiii

Another day, another isekai manga reader crying about slavery in the comments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79 You might be need to reconsider to reword how to give people additional information though, suddenly saying "You do realize about blablabla, right?" Then proceeds to explain things as if we don't get it before we even replied is kind of rude. You made the people you talk to looks like a dumb by doing that. Moreover you made people seems saying things they don't even say.

Lmao, of course she was. She had trouble running away without their help. What did she expect? That they would suddenly stop trying to catch her?

@Elroy79
Yea it's not a solid official reason (yet or not) but a viable excuse, but the thing is it's a fictional fantasy non-modern world that doesn't necessarily follow our world's (scientific/societal/etc) settings and rules, and also the concept of reincarnation and isekai is... well how to put it, fictional and up to how the author wants it to be, so factually we can't be right nor wrong about how a reincarnated isekai'd person in a 3 y.o. toddler should and shouldn't think or behave like... Other isekai reincarnation authors could have different ideas on how the isekai'd reincarnated characters act and behave and some of them might be more adult-like/mature, some might not, and that's okay, because the concept itself is flexible and fantasy in the first place.

Personally, for an extremely low ambition 11y.o. character who was abused up with formed trust issues, cynical and pessimistic very LIMITED shortsighted worldviews (which formed the prejudice), self-destructively recklessness, and reasonably lack-of-educational background and knowledge and age-wise immature tendencies, I can't say she's unreasonable and prideful. Like, is it really less naive and gullible to just listen to and follow a random rich and privileged noble 3y.o. toddler out of nowhere, is it actually more sound and mature for anyone to just suddenly be "ok I tust you" to an overexcited random 3y.o. confidently spouting things like "you have tremendous talents" when you don't even know you have and who you just stole from? Would we, as modern society people, at the age of 11, would just randomly follow a rich speaking 3y.o. toddler whose background we know nothing of back to their home if we're poor enough, and truly believing after that everything will be okay because their family/relatives/friends/circles would just totally be okay with us and feel safe and trusting enough about us to let us around their 3y.o. heir and know some private family things without concerns that with suspicious unreliable lack-of-background we might be a rat that cooperate with outsiders/political opponents to kidnap/assassinate the heir/family or scheming something or whatever? The toddler isn't even the most powerful person in their family that the promises and visions of the toddler are not guaranteed. Like, if people can think ACAB due to association and thus part of the bigger problems, then it's not weird or unreasonable for a slave character to think all nobles are part of the whole oppression and classism problems. We'd only think she'd be better off following MC only because we have the "god-perspectives" as readers, but for her things might go very wrong by just trusting the wrong person, like akame ga kill kind of situation... If anything, the burden should be on MC's part to come up with a better plan to recruit an extremely low ambition character like her instead of getting impatient and overly excited in their first encounter. In gaming sense, he needs to boost her ambition level and build her trust first with efforts and time, like in RPGs you need to go through events or do some quests before you get to unlock some characters, especially S-tier characters that could have been optional and/or missable, even in AVGs we can't (normal play) skip all the processes to gain favors/etc and straight to the end game.

I saw some comments of strong emotions for a hurt, vulnerable, not-even-evil, need-some-patience-and-empathy, future ally character and I was like wow that's a lot of emotions to say (along the line) that an abused 11y.o. kid ex-slave deserved to suffer or die because she's stupid. 😮 Personally, the characters and story are not the best but are pretty fine and good enough, they make sense and fun enough with the potentially many characters recruitment route isekai reminding me of games like Suikoden/Last Remnant/many tactical RPGs.

Fed-Kun's army
If the isekai you're enjoying
once again has slavery in it
and the MC goes "oh that's a thing"
you can pretty safely bin it.

Fed-Kun's army
Girl, I'm sure you can find more kids in other slums.

@Adokun People complaining about any problem they have can invariably be compared to someone worse off. Rather than getting distracted by that, admit that improvements can be made all over.
Also you probably shouldn't look at a warped, poorly written manga caricature of a slum brat and go "Ho, ho! Yes, this conforms my world view on how poor people actually are in reality."

Double-page supporter
I'm not gonna stop posting vtuber videos and you can't stop me

@Elroy79 yo man, i salute your dedication  ( ̄ー ̄)ゞ

yea, my comment is mainly about the girl and the commentors' opinion about her refusing ars' offer ('why didn't she accepted the free job!?' comments). i couldn't say anything about ars' stupidity cuz, uh, he's just stupid ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ tho immaturity from being a literal 3yr old is a legit reason but idk...

now. the author's message is really interesting tho

i've been defending girl's gross generalization as a 'impulsive teen hormones thing' and 'jealousy thing' but you are right that with ars' angst moment, author broadly validated girl's opinion

but.. reviewing ars' angst moment again: i think what the thing ars' actually angsting about is that so far he's been doing nothing. he's all talk and his plan to rebuild the city is just a 'someday' (which cause girl's hatred and prejudice)

since before, he's all grand dreams about being the head of the teritory and such. that his goal is to collect some powerful people and have them protect the teritory. that's basically the plan (right?? lol i don't remember)

but there's still other problems ofc and he needs to resolve that. i guess this meeting with girl will be used for ars' to actually plan how to improve the livelihood of his citizens and actually make a coherent plan (i guess that's what he meant by 'too carefree' where he literally just have no plan except collect some people from random ass chance?)

it's not exactly that it approves the 'all nobles are bad'. it's just no one is doing anything about it and these children are left to survive by themselves. which perpetuate the idea that nobles including ars doesn't give a fuck and are evil

OR IT'S JUST BAD WRITING HMMM AND I'M SEEING THINGS THAT IS ACTUALLY NOT IN THERE HMMM. (isn't this plot a manga only, from what the other comments said? maybe the mangaka just got too excited? their art is pretty good tho....)

ALSO
tbe 'D' grade speech is really a questionable thing too! (tho is the speech thing really clarified? cuz maybe it's tact and ability to socialize? if that's so, the girl still kinda fits since she got this frank ice queen vibe going on)

to clarify too: i'm not defending girl's opinion but only how she come up with her decisions (which can be reasoned with that she's just 11 full with cynicism, imho)

i agree that what she said is very fucking stupid (>﹏<)

especially this:

(oiii girl, what he saying is just straight facts)

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79 No, you agreed with your misunderstanding about what I was saying. You keep responding to people with shallow truths that are sometimes barely tangentially related to the posts you're addressing while treating your words as profound and worth being listened to even though it's mostly things we've analyzed in high school philosophy classes to a greater degree.

You're a guy who needs to learn to type less and read more, so please don't associate yourself with me.

Users who are viewing this thread