Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
Corgino was a pretty bad villain to start with. Inconsistent, from bumbling buffoon to overprepared mastermind. Keeps looking for trouble with a MC that is clearly dangerous to threaten without extensive preparations. (MC has high individual battle power, social support, political backing, immense wealth...) Picking a quick fight with him or involving him in petty schemes can only backfire ten times over.

And now we have another villain who got off pretty easy after getting involved indirectly... with just a threat to not do anything evil in the future. So obviously, the first thing he decides to do is attempt to do something evil to someone he perfectly knows is a huge liability to him. In addition to all the things that make Cain dangerous to Corgino, he also has the potential for international repercussions.
Even if it cost him a lot of political credit, he could have just laid low for a few days, time for Cain to leave, then resume his activities. Since he's involved in slave trade, I fully expect that he has some high ranking customers. And given that Cain didn't pursue the matter any further, I'm pretty sure he could have held on his career with just a bit of setback.

This guy fits straight into the category of villains who are just actively antagonizing a non-aggressive MC when they actually should know better. And it's not a hypothetical: he has way more than enough information to know it's a bad idea, even as Cain's status as an apostle and demi-god is not public knowledge.

Then again, I'm also a little tired of Cain's naive forgiveness.
Here was a noble child who also had way more than enough information to know not to mess with Cain. (There is a lot he didn't know, but at the very least Cain was officially marked with a giant label of "do not mess with".) And he still went and stepped in anyway. He was ready to create an international conflict by harassing a foreign high-profile noble. All because of petty jealousy about girls who were also way above his grade. And this by itself could have been left at a minor conflict between children if the father hadn't made clear that he was very willing to leverage his status for legal immunity. And was definitely doing it often even before this case.
Cain forgives him immediately because "he's a concerned father who just wants to protect his son". This is stupid. Before learning Cain's noble status, he made it clear that he has abused his authority many times before. And a short, mildly stern talking to will not change him overnight.

At this pace, someone will have to literally die for Cain to realize that some people need serious consequences before they learn anything. All he's communicating, over and over, is "you can mess with me repeatedly because I will not retaliate". He doesn't need to get physical, not yet at least. He just needs to press the issue legally. Give this guy a full political and judicial burial. He has no line of defense right now. He would be the perfect target to start communicating "don't mess with me or I'll bury you".

The whole escalation feels forced and all I'm waiting is for Corgino to exit the stage.
Not looking forward to his karma, as one would in the case of a good villain.
Instead, I'm just waiting for him to not be part of the story anymore. He could die off-screen for all I care. Or we could just have a new arc start right away, without him, and he's never mentioned ever again.
Anytime he's mentioned, I grow bored and think about just dropping this manga.

Only reason I'm holding on is that I want to know if Aaron is going to be a better villain to get erased eventually. Or redeemed into being a god of entertainment again, free from the idea of pitching people against each other for a bit a gladiatorial distraction. Or whatever else happens to him. I was genuinely interested about the idea that the god of entertainment just got corrupted out of boredom.

And every bit of Corgino makes me think a little more that the curiosity is not worth it.
Or maybe I should just look for spoilers and drop this mess.

Dex-chan lover
they toon it down again

First that kidnapped beast family,
(they supposed to dead and only their kid alive though lost all limbs)
then the guild Attack in his feudal house,
(all of them is badly damaged, the one got his leg cut remain legless, he didn't heal him)
and now the boy only got house arrest,
(he supposed to get full punishment and got stripped from his family to jail iirc)

no wonder the anime is way too much softer, the manga also already softer than LN

Dex-chan lover
@Gudachiz English isn't their first language, it's gonna be a very long back and forward to try and explain this there are a bunch of misunderstandings going back and forward between you two's post.
Nah, there is no misunderstanding here. He/she has a deep-seated view that any form of directly causing pain is automatically violence and abuse. Trying to convince him/her otherwise is an exercise in futility and we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Supporter
Or maybe I should just look for spoilers and drop this mess.
I can give you the spoilers if you want, up to the point where the WN is at. Seems like you need it tbh, so if you want then feel free to message me.

Double-page supporter
Dear word for the strongest boy on Earth Cain sure is stupid. If he really wants change in this foreign kingdom he should have pressed full charges against this corrupt aristocrat to force a more people-oriented one. How he genuinely expects this man to stop with only the word of an apology is completely beyond me.

Fed-Kun's army
This Corgino arc is getting drag longer. Cain has bigger issue to fight Aaron but he's having this crap about Corgino. And why did they not use a cockroach this time on that noble?

Dex-chan lover
Nah, there is no misunderstanding here. He/she has a deep-seated view that any form of directly causing pain is automatically violence and abuse. Trying to convince him/her otherwise is an exercise in futility and we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
If you think that you are the one with a deep seated view. There are several points where it's clear they were not understanding the meaning of what was being said. Maybe both sides are indeed stuck in their opinions, but ignoring the clear misunderstandings is not an opinion but an act of actual ignorance.

Dex-chan lover
Corgino back at it again. Also, I thought he won't have to pay anything anymore as Cain stated all he wanted was a promise to never abuse his authority again? Why is he still concerned of losing his position and money?

Supporter
Corgino back at it again. Also, I thought he won't have to pay anything anymore as Cain stated all he wanted was a promise to never abuse his authority again? Why is he still concerned of losing his position and money?
The apology was just to prevent war, as it was an incident between nobles. The (il)legality of the incident is why it'll be handled by the parliament, and why he's afraid of the consequences.

Dex-chan lover
If you think that you are the one with a deep seated view. There are several points where it's clear they were not understanding the meaning of what was being said. Maybe both sides are indeed stuck in their opinions, but ignoring the clear misunderstandings is not an opinion but an act of actual ignorance.
No, he/she states it quite clearly here:
However, acts of violence are pretty clear by themselves, such as hitting a child's body in any kind of way.
Any form of directly inflicting pain is seen as violence and abuse by him/her. Indirectly inflicting pain, such as being made to run, is not violence but still a physical punishment in nature. There is no misunderstanding here, just a clear difference of opinion.

Supporter
There is no misunderstanding here, just a clear difference of opinion.
And the rest is just an argument about the merits/demerits (& legitimacy) of those opinions. Which is why I moved on, and this will be my last post about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
they toon it down again

First that kidnapped beast family,
(they supposed to dead and only their kid alive though lost all limbs)
then the guild Attack in his feudal house,
(all of them is badly damaged, the one got his leg cut remain legless, he didn't heal him)
and now the boy only got house arrest,
(he supposed to get full punishment and got stripped from his family to jail iirc)

no wonder the anime is way too much softer, the manga also already softer than LN

I've watched the anime before the manga, and I kind liked it more PG-13. That's what made it enjoyable to watch. Gotta have a balance, y'know?

Double-page supporter
Cain, you absolute moron. A buffoon who is used to getting problems to go away with the wave of his hand is not going to change his ways because you forgave him once. You should have taken the opportunity to end him then and there.
why him?
remember the dad also abusing his authority?
why not the whole family?
including branch & servants

Double-page supporter
Have to agree with the other posters, this was absolutely not child abuse, heck the child himself seemed hardly affected by the situation. This was tame AF in relation to actual child abuse.

Also, did everyone miss the fact that Cain slowly drove the noble to panic and despair before letting him off? To a prideful noble that's a pretty harsh lesson already. Not to mention the fact that the noble himself hasn't actually done anything wrong besides being a bit conniving in trying to dodge the issue. This was entirely the fault of his very young child, would you really condemn the entire family to death or destitution for the independent ignorant action of a child?
Yes. These people read too much Wuxia where an entire family gets eradicated over a minor slight.

Also if this is following the novel this isn't over yet so people saying he let them off easy should wait a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread