Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Ch. 35

Double-page supporter
like kumoko? Is he gonna have a split personalities?
i'm not familiar with kumoko, but yes, the other head will have a separate personality and thought process. additionally, it is the opposite gender!

Dex-chan lover
So does Nina end up dying? Or does she get saved in time aswell as fucking up that fake hero?

Here's hoping he doesn't need to kill any more humans to evolve this time. I don't think this guy has as much reason to volunteer as the last one, but maybe he would.

Dex-chan lover
manga: nothing happens , wall of text , usual villain kidnap mc's nakama
me:
7xrg9t.jpg

for some reason, this arc is too long compared to others.. prolonging bs?
i miss how entertaining the previous chapters were..

Dex-chan lover
And thus our draconic hero, along with his fluffy glutton of a rabbit and the stern ex-knight captain, in order to save his catgirl friend from the clutches of the arse hero...must go FULL DARK SOULS in order to evolve.
With how he spams his roll skill, it fits...

Double-page supporter
Well, there's still the whole
Ant massacre mini-arc both before and after his evolution to contend with too.

Kind of hoping the mangaka compacts that part by letting Irushia level after beating the centipede instead and just have the post-evolution leveling be the ant mini-arc.
yeah
hope so cuz its taking way too long

Dex-chan lover
man i love this author. this is a forced encounter that feels organic and the narrative did a wonderful job setting things up to this point. way too many manga come up with some bullshit scenario to force things that crumble under minor scrutiny but this fight between MC and the sand centipede makes complete sense
It was said in a previous chapter that the centipede will never give up on its prey, and it's been hunting them ever since he rescued the cat girl (though I admit I thought it was hunting the cat girl), so it showing up now probably having just finished off the ants is completely believable.

Dex-chan lover
It was said in a previous chapter that the centipede will never give up on its prey, and it's been hunting them ever since he rescued the cat girl (though I admit I thought it was hunting the cat girl), so it showing up now probably having just finished off the ants is completely believable.
your correct and i want to add that technically such a statement was never even needed. simply by having the MC run into the thing multiple times while he's in the desert the author can emphasize that its aggressive and see's them as prey so running into it again as their in a hurry through the desert still makes complete sense

Dex-chan lover
How down was his guard if she managed to hit him? Didn't he have super high stats?

The Power of Friendship!

Nina's hanging on well for someone who's almost dead and dying.

Typical villain. He wants glory, not actually completing his task.

Well, the part about hearing the voice of god is probably true, to an extent. Or something that appears to be a god.

But yeah, he's a complete psychopath. His only religion is Holy Egoism.

Standard corrupt fantasy church.

That centipede arrives just in time for him to power level a bit.
you know theres things as power of friendship and theres just moments that need to happen otherwise the story would just be dead.
if the severity of his curse woudl be as extreme as people think even the bunny would not have survived and he would be a walking disaster. and thats clearly not the tale the writer wanted to tell.

i get people hate power of friendship, like in fairy tail where ooh no i'm almost dead lets some how get second wind and absolutely destroy the opponent that i could do nothing against before.
but this isn't even close to that

Dex-chan lover
you know theres things as power of friendship and theres just moments that need to happen otherwise the story would just be dead.
Those moments are when the author writes themselves into a corner. It's not "what needs to happen" since proper planning can avoid the need for forced developments.

if the severity of his curse woudl be as extreme as people think even the bunny would not have survived and he would be a walking disaster. and thats clearly not the tale the writer wanted to tell.
Not sure what that has to do with it. But yeah, the effects of the curse seem to have been greatly exaggerated, or it's something that don't get stronger and stronger, but just remains once it's taken hold.

i get people hate power of friendship,
I don't. It depends on the use. This is a relatively good one, but still depends on skills and abilities being able to be leveled up by emotions. And those emotions are brought on with friendship.

but this isn't even close to that
Why argue something no one has mentioned?

Dex-chan lover
like kumoko? Is he gonna have a split personalities?
Kind of ?

The other head has its own personality, but is basically a separate entity from him outside of being stuck to his body.
Its closer to a Siamese twin that just suddenly woke up one day and still have the mind of a baby/teen while you are a adult.

Also i do believe the other head is female, but i could be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Those moments are when the author writes themselves into a corner. It's not "what needs to happen" since proper planning can avoid the need for forced developments.
Well talking by the curse, its not liek we have a metric? like amount of curse per day devided by targets life times their condition.

Dex-chan lover
TBH, I would totally lure the giant sand centipede to the city, just to spite the evil hero.

Users who are viewing this thread