Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~

Based on my reading of this series in the web novel format, I would term this series as tragic.

Anyone have a problem with me adding the "tragedy" genre tag? Or do you need to know the end of the story in order to determine if it is truly tragedy or not? Anyone have a link to site guidelines as to what constitutes the genre of "tragedy"?

mmmh, kumo desu ga too can have a tragedy tag (later on the story), is it on the same type of tragedy jadmaster ?

Double-page supporter
@Humin Having taken a look at the original text, the dragon uses the very masculine 俺 (ore) pronoun and speaks kinda rough as well. That said, as an actual dragon, perhaps they're genderless anyway.

@thejadmaster
Both mal and mangaupdates dont categorize this as tragedy or even dark humor but comedy so.. drama at most, maybe?

@Aretheus
The term for what you're describing is "simpleminded".

Dex-chan lover
>all this rolling to chip away at a massive monster
WELCOME TO DARK SOULS

Contributor
@thejadmaster: Whatever the rules were, use of the "tragedy" tag (as delineated from "drama") was never completely consistent in practice on Batoto (which is the source of these tags of course) from what I've seen.

Proper tragedies (i.e. tales that end horribly) usually got the tag of course, but so would some works where a central tragedy formed the emotional core of the work, regardless of the nature of the conclusion (that is to say, such tags have been given before the conclusion is even -known-).

Of course, people didn't always abide by the rules in using tags on Batoto anyway...

What is clear, however, is it wasn't just because a work contained something tragic (e.g. death of a protagonist) at some point. At a bare minimum, it has to be fairly core to what the work is, to merit the tag.

Contributor
Having said all that (lol, I need an edit button), for fuzzily-drawn lines like this especially, it's probably better not to base the tags too strongly off of what was in the source material, especially if it's a ways ahead; the manga could always veer in another direction.

Dex-chan lover
Alternative Title: God is an Asshole, and Spiders are Gross.

I love this kind of settings, does anyone know of any game like that? raising monsters as murderpets, an adult pokemon... i guess only "Jade cocoon " and "Shin megami" fit that bill...

Users who are viewing this thread