Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - Sailing Through the Sea

Double-page supporter
"if you have evil skills, you're evil. But I can torture as much as I want and nobody can say I'm evil!"

It's not to say the evil guys didn't have it coming, but this is some stupid ass logic.

Double-page supporter
Sushi is just fish on top of rice ... I mean the basis of it isn't wrong but the pro sushi chefs around the world would balk at the idea of just simply saying that you can just put fish on top of rice. Supposedly sushi chefs go through years to master the rice. They say the rice is the most important part even, because if you can't get the right ratio of vinegar, sugar, salt and the proper timing and technique for it, then the sushi will taste mediocre at best. So, no. You can't just fucking slap raw fish on top of rice and say you got sushi down and it's passable as sushi.

Anyways, looks like the prince and princess are both gunning for Fran. That's interesting lol. And it seems like the mangaka is trying to make that old royal advisor looking guy, Selido, seem like the one who's been putting the hits on the prince and princess.

Double-page supporter
Hmm, I wonder if that old dude that appeared at the breakfast table is the one who hired the assassin... That Senile or whatever his name was...

Dex-chan lover
@Toloran
Considering how deadly seafaring is in RP, or at least how many times DMs turn it into combat-hell, you'd think that NPCs wouldn't even bother to build ports, or that it'd be horribly expensive.

Dex-chan lover
The Fran Special is.... Certainly something. Previously they didn't really show it when she would've tortured those blue cats in the alleyway, but this time around.. the expression on her face as she does it... Hot DAMN.

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna

I can't figure out whether it's misdirection to distract from the fact that it's obviously Sarut, or there's no twist at all and it actually is him. Either way I will hardly be surprised. Not that I remember much of what happened even one chapter ago.

A proper twist would be if one of the orphans turned out to be the evil mastermind.

Dex-chan lover
Can you imagine how horrible torture would be in a world with healing magic? It's bad enough NOW, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@angelusalvus I wouldn't say Fran is evil for torturing, exactly. I'd say she is still a child with an underdeveloped moral compass that's been through some pretty awful shit. Who in the slave camps would have taught her traditional morality? Sword MC certainly doesn't seem to care one way or another about it.

Dex-chan lover
the kids are evil
smelling random people you don't know only molesters do that

Dex-chan lover
Possibly my favourite isekai to read. New chapters are always a fun ride and Fran is precious.

Double-page supporter
Haha! The royal siblings are trying to compete for Fran's attention, I see. It's nice to see the sister's also in the running.

@Kaldrak

She's not evil and don't let anyone entertain the argument. What she is, is practical. Which is what you must be in a world where you can die at literally any second because someone's got wack ass skillsets or monsters can pop out of thin air.

Dex-chan lover
@Toloran It sounds like your player group suffers the Curse of Adel. Lots of Ys games start with a shipwreck.

Users who are viewing this thread