Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - Sailing Through the Sea

Aggregator gang
@Kaldrak you can't really judge their morals, by comparing it with that of our world though.

Killing heinous criminals are recommended there. Not everyone is equal and a single person can rival an army. Leaving them alive will just give more trouble and problems.

Like having a equal to subdue him, and facilities that can hold him.

Moving on false information, or being soft on enemies will get you or others killed.

With a little girl as interrogationer, not doing any physical harm, would make them not take Fran serioualy. Like a kid is scared to kill.

Dex-chan lover
Fran continues to be the cutest non-isekai protagonist in an isekai. Her specialty of brutally mauling and restoring her victims is 10/10, and it never fails to be amusing. Sword dad hit the jackpot with his adopted daughter.

well that was creepy, reminds me of that scene from made in abyss, then finding out the author has a pixiv 😅

The only thing I could think of after seeing the 'Slash and Heal' was that she now has a few hands to lend and a few legs others could use to stand on.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaldrak

Imagine if they were to get a torture skill and someone appraised them and saw it. Then they immediately jumped to the conclusion that the MCs are evil and tried to torture/kill them based on that. There is a limit to "MC gets a free pass at being a horrible person without being called out".

@ShionVaynex

What I initially question is their logic and their hypocrisy. Imagine if the MCs (both sword and the girl) found another person with torturer or assassin skills and then jumped the gun and killed/tortured that person, but that person only killed/tortured other bad guys. They see a skill and then they say "yep, that person is totally evil, but not me. I can have ALL the evil skills and get away with being randomly called evil for the virtue of being the protagonists".

Dex-chan lover
@angelusalvus they dont judge people by their skills, you greatly misunderstand this.
He checked or rather confirmed just his class and titles therefore he basically knows what he did to some extent, but the main reason he attacked in the first place was because this assassin tried to break into the room of 2 royals who were kidnapped once beforehand.

There is no point where she is a horrible person. She may be not the nicest person and no saint and all, but she does what she needs to do and what is according to the rules of her world. Torture may be bad even for criminals in our world, but in their world it isnt that easy. As long they dont go and torture random people your opinion is completely besides what the situation actually is.

Dex-chan lover
Of fcking course it won't be a manga ocean voyage without krakens and giant sea monsters right?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

It's pretty much a really agressive blue whale combined with a sailfish, and both still exist. ( it was about half the size of the ship, and that isn't a small ship like a fishing boat )
But considering its a monster that allegedly attacks ships, yeah people in our time would probably go out of their way to kill them off if they could.
That said, without magic it might be hard to do safely.
You would have to take into account its face scales are harder then mithril ( which usually is stronger than most none magic metals ) so it could probably sink a metal ship too if you get it angry.

@angelusalvus
@Kaldrak

I never really went over all of her skills in the novel(it's really fucking long ) but I don´t think she ever is going to get one.
The problem is that Fran really isn't all that good at torturing people.
She basically just cut off their limbs and heal it back again until they break from the pain.
it works sure, but it's super ineffective and she is one of only a few who could pull that off.
High-level healing magic like that is kind of rare.

Also...
Nobody would be able to able to tell because they are going to get an ability that blocks most types of detection pretty soon.

Dex-chan lover
So many responses. Most of the people replying to me don't seem to realize that I'm not calling Fran evil. I'd say she's just rather amoral and savage in some pretty big ways. But she's still just a kid who hasn't really been taught right from wrong. She hates slavers and wants to kill and hurt them because they enslaved her and her killed her family iirc. Of course she's savage against such people.

Dex-chan lover
Don't get too attached to the royal siblings, you never see them again after this arc

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@ whoever that thinks

"Fran is a horrible person for torturing people and shouldn't jump to conclusions"

Seriously? What?

In this case, we have someone with the "assassin" skill breaking into your house in the middle of the night, tried to poison himself when caught, etc. (What else could he be? Santa Claus?). And in the other torture cases we have blue cats threatening to enslave her which is not only a crime but her berserk button since blue cats have pretty much enslaved her entire race.

Also remember the sword can tell truth from lies. If said person WASN'T guilty, he wouldn't need to be all shady, lie, and get a few limbs removed.

@deadrabbits
We do. Not much but we do.

On a side note the... "biology" of this particular sea monster astounds me.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou
I'm not against her killing or torturing in the situation, especially because she had to do it to save others. However, it's the logic they used to justify it that irks me.

@Goldenzeal

If she doesn't get a torturer skill even after all that, it's some next level plot armor to not paint them in a bad light.

Dex-chan lover
@angelusalvus
I even explained their reasoning. They caught him red-handed. Thats why they attacked. Not because his skills.
And I guess skills mean to be decently good at something when it comes to such ohysical things. Like just because you swing a sword wont give you a swordmanship skill, because you dont have skill.

Dex-chan lover
Oooh! Is it going to be Ina's Brethren next after Gura's Food?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaldrak Sword MC is still a sword. A sword drinks the blood of the righteous as eagerly as it drinks the blood of the guilty. That's what a sword is.

@Goldenzeal Tuna is a sought after fish all over the world. Although fish populations are also protected (or there are attempts to protect them), whales are still highly above them. Maybe because they are mammals, not fish? Who knows. Only a few nations still hunt whales, while pretty much all nations with water access fish. In our world the thing also would have just some bone to protect its head. It would be effective against wooden ships, to a certain extent, but ramming steel ships would give the fish a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread