Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Merciless

Dex-chan lover
ok so he's got enough souls to evolve and ress everyone, does that mean he will stop here? hopefully not, he needs to go all the way and destroy the church and the kingdom that attacked him.

aaaaaaand of course hes going to lose control of himself.

Double-page supporter
So people are still complaining why/how Megido or whatever that skill/attack was wasn't explained in the manga. You guys really want an exposition in this chapter?

MD@Home
360.jpg

for people who don't know about merciless unique skill
the skill basically can makes rimuru literally consumes or eat his target soul, prevent any reincarnation and eat they magicules or power since gluttony only let rimuru eat physical body of his enemy.

and wow they change the way of rimuru summoning "Noire" huh?

Dex-chan lover
We're still in holiday season Rimuru, you can't just kill Santa.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, so since it appears as though some people are confused as to what the "Merciless" skill does and why Rimuru in particular got it, here's an explanation:
The "Merciless" unique skill isn't one that can just be acquired like that by just being merciless. It also doesn't require the holder to continue being merciless at all time. It doesn't matter whether you think the way it's used is merciless or not. What matters is that it makes it so that the moment someone gives up, fear and/or surrender to Rimuru, that person's soul is now Rimuru's possession and he can choose to instantly take it at any moment even if he wait months for it or if they are on two different ends of a continent or something.

As for how to acquire such a skill, all skills have lots of conditions to acquire them normally, and unique skills are most of the time actually unique. It's possible for there having been another "Merciless" skill in the past for someone else, but it likely had a slightly different effect. Heck,
Diablo/Noir's own Unique Skill ("Tempter") can do everything that Merciless can do in plus of having other abilities, such as
it being triggered also when being submit themselves or just agree to a deal with Diablo/Noir. From that point on their soul belongs to Diablo and he can not only take it from anywhere at any point in time, but he can also read their minds to some extent and influence their thoughts. He can essentially makes anyone who agrees to any deal with him his slave that cannot go against him and whose souls he can take
According to Veldora, Unique Skills are representations of one's ego(the personality part attached with memories to the soul). Due to that, it's normally very rare for someone to have more than 1 Unique Skill (and already having a single Unique Skill is rare since it's not just a representation of ego as a skill, for it also has conditions that have to be fulfilled to acquire such a skill).

I theorize that at least one of the conditions to acquire this version of the "Merciless" Unique skill is that the holder needs to already have a Demon Lord Seed and/or have access to a way to interact with souls.
Another reason why Rimuru got such a skill would likely be due to how drastic the change in his viewpoint of things became. He's not just someone who is merciless, he's a very compassionate person who suddenly had a drastic change in his modus operandi. So the drastic change in an aspect of his psyche led to him gaining this "Merciless" skill.
So, all in all, the two reasons I mentioned above along with Great Sage's possible intervention in this skill acquisition (so to facilitate Rimuru's task of becoming a Demon Lord) are likely why he gained such a skill at such an opportune moment in such circumstances.

Fed-Kun's army
@Andiza Nah, they didn't change that. If I remember correctly, that happens after the events of this chapter, so it'll likely be next chapter.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan

That's a fucking insane skill. You scare them so much into begging, and then their souls become yours? Fucking hell man!
Seriously though, that was so satisfying.

Alright I am out. I liked the world building and the art but there is no tension at all if the only question at the start of a fight is how hard they are gonna beg for mercy...

Users who are viewing this thread