Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 15 Ch. 68 - Birth of a Demon Lord

@Treswimming

I’m not exactly sure either, but I like to imagine it as trying to craft an object in some MMORPG and having that fail probability attached, and adding in a good item would increase the chances or ensure the crafting success.

Dex-chan lover
@jebjordan yeah I thought it was something like that
Like when they get summoned to "earth" they are basically in an avatar made up of their summoners power and their own plus the sacrafice(s). when they die or leave the avatar they basically go back to their realm which I know I've heard other stories have

Dex-chan lover
@Treswimming If I'm not mistaken, Unique Skills have an incredibly tiny chance to evolve, even in cases like this where the user becomes a demon lord. Although if the chance isn't 0% and it repeats the attempt infinitely the chance becomes 100%, it's just to convey that this is an extremely rare case of an already incredible skill becoming even more incredible. Someone who's read more of the LN/WN could probably elaborate better.

[Confirmed, individual LostWorld is crying with anticipation!]

[Searching for recommended solution...]

[Confirmed solution, post next chapter as soon as possible.]

AAAAAAAAAAH!! I just love this so much!

Granted, I haven't read the LN, but the way the artist portrays the characters and the dialogues makes this that much greater.

Kudos to everyone involved. I'm going to learn japanese just to buy this and read it hahaha.

Kinda wish it'd fail tbh.
Let the dead stay dead, you know? Force the characters to actually deal with death and grief.
When the dead can be resurrected, death doesn't really mean anything, it takes all the drama out of the risk of death.

Dex-chan lover
@Leo80221 Yeah. Just like whales in FGO trying to get rate up servants. The rate isn't even 1% but if you throw enough money at it you'll get it. I choose FGO as an example because it got the worst pity system out of all popular gacha game (15-20 dupe of the same SSR).

Aggregator gang
It's... It's... IT'S ALIVE!! Those onion-cutting ninjas are still alive?!

@BlackHoleEyes But they have already dealt with death when Shizu died. There way myriad of ways they could have extended her life or something like that. But they chose to let her die because that was what they needed at that time.
I actually like this one because it helps the character evolve (apart from the actual evolution).
If it wasn't for their deaths, Rimuru wouldn't have felt the need to become a Demon Lord, but thanks to that, the story is no longear in a plateau and actually has some change.
At least that's how I see it hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread