Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Group Leader
The amount of Isekai is increasing day after day

I Like It 😁

Mc had high functioning autism eyes. He’s living the slow life alright.... he looks like a “slow” kid

@lume but rice is tasty after all... much better than pasta imo.. and you can eat it with any side dishes. It is simple and versatile. It can be made into rice flour as well, which then can be cooked into a variety of dishes and desserts. Soy sauce is also somewhat irreplaceable in Asian cuisine. Adding salt and pepper is not the same with adding soy sauce. There’s also sweet soy sauce too. For miso, I think it is an essential ingredient in Japanese cuisine. Every family used to have their own miso blend to make miso soup. People used to make their own soy sauce after all, so the taste of miso is very unique to each household. So, the point is when those ingredients, especially rice become your staple food, it’s not possible to not prioritizing them. If your staple food is bread, imagine not eating bread.

The sister is kinda annoying imo.. She is kinda abusive and like a bully... yuck.. Does author think that type of girl is cute/charming?

Aggregator gang
I understand all this about the rice thing most Mc's have, imagine a food that you eat almost every day and them you one day you can't eat It even if you really wanted, is basically like this that that feel.
Keep the good work and thanks for picking this manga ! This new font made It really better to read, so thanks for the great work !

Fed-Kun's army
@Aichan i mean how he can know it and how to make it since he was always in the vicinity. for examples, a 3 years old without knowledge nor experience can creates a new things (even has a name on it) that no one has seen before, and everyone just accept it like that without curious why he can know.

Dex-chan lover
japanese eat rice literally everyday with every meal or almost every meal, it's a staple food

Dex-chan lover
@williamx Different world, heck their world could be warmer overall and have less variation in the temperature than earth. Where they live herbs, spices and what not may be pretty well available especially if they don't have proper methods of preserving meat you will mask the taste of bad meat with spices, just like what occurred on earth. Though again different world.

Spaghetti is salt, pepper, tomato, meat, oregano,,oil, onion, garlic, oil, mushrooms and noodles? You can make noodles out of damn near anything. Zucchini noodles are pretty decent so long as they don't have too much moisture. You don't really need oregano or mushrooms for it to be spaghetti heck, not many people put mushrooms in cause of picky people. I've met those who don't put onion either while putting plenty of sugar in. While it tasted good, you'd get fat quick from that recipe though it is popular with kids. I do think it is one of the more possible modern dishes that they push in these isekai books. Making soy sauce and that which is related with soy beans is far harder and it is amazing how many teenagers know how how to make it... Surprised there is a crop like soy in so many worlds and has also been discovered by the people and mc so quick lol

Dex-chan lover
@williamx - there are spices all over the world. They aren't worth much in the lands where they grow naturally, and most of their cost comes from transportation (medieval transportation can be an epic quest). So the cook can use local spices without much expense, and a good cook knows how to do that. Spices aren't needed in large qualities, so a noble's cook would have access to imported spices too.

Also note how the plant distribution isn't the same as in historical European Middle Ages. For example, they have tomatoes growing in their garden - in our world they are from America, and for a while people thought they are poisonous.

Still be a question for me why the adult doesn't think "how this kid got such an idea?" Making a sphagetti need you to make a dough first aren't it too difficilis for 3 years old kid?

Here in Italy we don't put fuckin oil in waterr. To boil pasta you only need water and salt. The water at some point will boil, that's wen you put the pasta in, and let it cook till it's ready. The pasta needs to be not do hard to chew (unless you want to make it al dente) and not too cooked. If you let the pasta to much in the boiling water it will became scotta (when you over cook the pasta) and pasta scotta is shit. Sorry for the bad grammar, inglish is not my first language.

Users who are viewing this thread