That Inferior Knight, Lv. 999

Seeing how almost every piece of trash gets at least a 7 on this site, I'm surprised this mediocre, but harmless manga has such a low rating.

So I literally read this because it had such a bad rating (but looked entirely harmless) expecting it to be surprisingly terrible somehow, maybe with gross unnecessary gore or nonsensical babblefish translations, but....

...Isn't this a totally normal manga?

Like if anything I'd say this is a fairly solid fantasy gag-manga.
It's refreshingly not an isekai (ugh god, finally a regular fantasy series) and it seems to be spoofing modern fantasy more than anything else. Making fun of the OP MC trope without being just a flat-out gag 4-koma.
There were a few legitimately funny bits, and while it's still too early tell if it's going anywhere and the characters are a bit flat (and it doesn't look like there's going to be a ton of room for growth) It's looking like it could possibly go in a fairly interesting direction with the whole messed-up sounding knight order and the sudden appearance of super strong demon things (despite peace treaties with the Prince of Hell?) Giving me One Punch Man vibes but with the confidence of Mihashi from Oofuri. Like it's nothing innovative or amazing, but it's better than 95% of the current fantasy manga right now. It's a bit tired and it's not something I'd go out of my way to recommend but it's fine? I'd even say it's on the more enjoyable side of "fine."
Who are the like 140 people so mad at this they plummeted it's rating with a 1? Were they upset at the lack of fanservice? It not being an Isekai? like what is the problem with this, it's objectively a 7.3 ~7.6 kinda series.

I can't finish to read this. The style of parenting andhe stupid misunderstandings because of it really piss me off.

Fed-Kun's army
... honestly i can't continue, this manga just doesn't give off the "over powered but oblivious" vibe i want, "Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku
" and "Kenja no Mago" executes this trope way better and this really feels shallow... well basically this just isn't my cup of tea

People rating this manga as a 1 because the plot is basically trampled by OPness, but fail to realize this manga's whole gag is the kid thinking he's basically the worst and needs to improve, while in reality one of his forehead flicks could destroy space-time continuum (maybe exaggerated) are all braindead.
If, however, you have another argument for a rating of 1 then I genuinely accept it and make an exception and say you're entitled to an opinion.

I think the reason why its rated 1 is because people rated it as a "insert genre and theme" manga. Just look at it at a different perspective, its meant to be taken lightly as a series. That's why im rating this an 8/10. its my own opinion btw
so dont take this seriously.

When i talked about "insert genre and theme", i meant the tags. Adventure, Action, Martial Arts, etc.

so yeah, thats it.

The description reminds me a lot of that other manga, I forgot the title because it's a bit long.
It's about a kid born and raised in a hero village or something, and he's supposedly the weakest among the villagers, so he decided to enter military academy in the city so he can get stronger, but he's actually a lot stronger than everybody else there. He sees huge mantis monsters as mere insects.
And he's now living with the kingdom's princess disguising herself as a witch, and the loli village chief who occasionally come to visit/stalk him.

Fed-Kun's army
@OmarAlsoBilly I agree most of the 1s are because of people like that. For me personally I just gave it a 6 and dropped it because the comedy wore off quite fast for me. It didn't seem to have enough variation to the gag to keep it going.

yfg

@nfzeta I blame Kirei Cake. Splitting a chapter into NINE separate parts is bound to ruin the pacing, which is something everyone was complaining about before.
Even other comedy isekai manga aren't rated this low regardless of quality.

Fed-Kun's army
@yfg The pacing is definitely a part of it but rather than just the split parts it's how fast and yet slow the story/character seemed to change. Some of the dense jokes were a bit overdone as well

Anyone else sick of the super strong thinks they're week and happen to be naive to the point of retardation trope?

Double-page supporter
@draiphalim
I'm just sick of super strong protagonists in general. It's like these author's don't care about tension or storytelling at all, just shoveling out regurgitated wish-fulfillment.

Users who are viewing this thread