The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 180 - Rentarou's Daily Life with his Girlfriends (Part One)

Dex-chan lover
Wait a minute...Usami is taller than Rentarou?

john-cena-john.gif

Usami is 6’2

She’s one of the tallest members in the cast
scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

Supporter
this is getting reduced to 4-koma comedy lvls tbh. i understand they gotta do this to fit such a big female cast in 20 page chapters without ppl forgetting them, but i'd rather they focus on a smaller number of girls and just come up with a bs ending in the last 3 chapters where he gets the rest of the 100 - told by speech bubbles if necessary.
I agree that the cast is too large but that solution sounds terrible. "Due to how things turned out could you please accept these 60 girls as my new girlfriends." I would riot. that being said I don't really have any good solutions either. At one point I was thinking they could have a volume where he went in a date with each individual girl per chapter but that's a hundred chapters. Yikes. And there would probably need to be chapters with the whole cast do we don't forget 40 of them in between. Really just not a good situation for a manga to be in.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think there's a meaningful distinction between 'utahime' and 'idol', at least by that metric. I think she's not getting hassled because a) she's a rising singer and not an established star, b) she's not attached to an idol unit (besides Rentarou's Family), and c) she actually is in something of a disguise on that date, with the colored glasses and all.
I was more referring to the idol culture itself, and how crazy possessive its "fan" can be, as they can become absolutely livid just by the possibility of their idol actually seeing someone, not that Himeka got it all smooth just because she's a songstress not an idol. Heck there are times when we are told that Himeka does has her share of haters and harassers.

So, it's relieving to me that the manga has always referred to Himeka as songstress instead of an idol cuz i see it as the author basically giving us an nod that Himeka is not really a part of idol culture, and thus her being in a relationship is fine all things considered and not a time bomb waiting to explode, even if i'm aware that Rentarou would definitely take care of things before it got that bad in the first place.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I agree that the cast is too large but that solution sounds terrible. "Due to how things turned out could you please accept these 60 girls as my new girlfriends." I would riot. that being said I don't really have any good solutions either. At one point I was thinking they could have a volume where he went in a date with each individual girl per chapter but that's a hundred chapters. Yikes. And there would probably need to be chapters with the whole cast do we don't forget 40 of them in between. Really just not a good situation for a manga to be in.
that's the exact reason they could've kept it small scale and just make a very comedic ending like "he added 90 more girls in the coming years" or whatever. then we could've gotten much needed development with a core cast and once the popularity starts to wane, they just add in the rest and end it. it's getting really tiring to hope week for week that at least one of the girls you ilke makes an appearance or that you have to consult the wiki for the first appearance chapter if you've forgotten a particular girl's schtick.

Dex-chan lover
I was more referring to the idol culture itself, and how crazy possessive its "fan" can be, as they can become absolutely livid just by the possibility of their idol actually seeing someone, not that Himeka got it all smooth just because she's a songstress not an idol. Heck there are times when we are told that Himeka does has her share of haters and harassers.

So, it's relieving to me that the manga has always referred to Himeka as songstress instead of an idol cuz i see it as the author basically giving us an nod that Himeka is not really a part of idol culture, and thus her being in a relationship is fine all things considered and not a time bomb waiting to explode, even if i'm aware that Rentarou would definitely take care of things before it got that bad in the first place.
It does not make a difference. Even a weathergirl made a massive scandal when it came out she was dating.

Dex-chan lover
I know Ahko.. same, exchanging kisses every few minutes is such a treat! :thumbsup:

Also this chapter had loooots of great scenes, but it's late so I'll keep it to this one for now since it made me laugh:
5cf8f570-932a-4486-af19-e0bac8c55c31.png

Dex-chan lover
God how can each chapter keep one upping themselves like this!
I keep thinking there has to be a limit to how cute, wholesome and funny this series can get!
But I keep getting proved wrong by this king of an author!

Thanks for the translation everyone over at XuN

Group Leader
that's the exact reason they could've kept it small scale and just make a very comedic ending like "he added 90 more girls in the coming years" or whatever. then we could've gotten much needed development with a core cast and once the popularity starts to wane, they just add in the rest and end it. it's getting really tiring to hope week for week that at least one of the girls you ilke makes an appearance or that you have to consult the wiki for the first appearance chapter if you've forgotten a particular girl's schtick.
It's been more than 3 years and the mangaka are still cooking well. I'm looking forward to what they can achieve honestly.

Also, what kind of character development do they really need? Most of their problems get solved within their first few chapters. The rest are just their quirks and how they get long with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread