The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - GARDEN PARTY (PART 1)

came here for wholesome comments regarding jin's development....leaving with people triggered over fake freckles blaming women,,,,,hahaha

Dex-chan lover
Rereading and just had to laugh at these pathetic people getting triggered over fake freckles again. Makes me happy that due to the amount of people on this site I'll hopefully never have to encounter them again

i want to ship them..
but...
damn i forgot that jishi is eunuch :(

I don't get why people fussing about her not attractive anymore without freckles? Like, you guys are campaigning that accepting freckles is good and sh*t, but when it's revealed the freckles is fake you guys threw a tantrum saying her natural look looks like a disgrace and absolutely uninteresting. @SotiCoto this guy even said she has an F-grade body, like. Wth, man? Who hurt you?

Dex-chan lover
Well the freckles were certainly cute. At least she has character

Jesus christ there are a lot of butt-hurts in here about her freckles. Anyway is the man giving a woman an ornament (or vise versa) a sign of affection? Gosh i ship them

@Ke_Zunjian
I think she meant that, just how she gave her 5 (including Mao) attendants the pendants/earrings/hairpins, which are her symbols, that is to say, they make clear to everyone that the person wearing them is not just some maid, some nobody, but an important, valued personal attendant of a high ranking concubine. It announces their status and also gives them protection, when there's gonna be a lot of people from outside the harem present.

So, what Junshi gave Mao is, I think similar, in that it's wasn't a gift of adoration, so much as his symbol so that anyone seeing it will know she is in some way affiliated with Jinshi and so under his protection as well. Looks like he gave it to her in light of the story she just told him. But the way the poor sod blushed while doing so, makes me believe that the *reason* he gave it to her was not only because he was sorry, but also as a show of his.. wel, interest.

@naxon
I'm not really sure that Jinshi is an eunuch though. It wssn't stated at any point clearly. Also, the mild punishments within the Harem lead me to believe it might be possible to have a normal man enter within this world setting, without it being too outlandish.

But then again, even if he is, I still ship the fuck out of them, haha.

Dex-chan lover
Some heavy moments, I’m glad this manga doesn’t just ignore the unsavoury parts of this setting.
On another note, freckles are precious and flat is justice.

Maomao: Fakes having freckles to avoid being violated
meanwhile, Tsukyo: " Let's put a smile on that face!

Double-page supporter
M-kun out here with the blushing and caring attack and mc out her being cute as heck.....don't make me like your ship now damn it!.
I still need more time before actually getting invested in that part of the plot.
@naxon is that him being eunuch part confirmed? Also, if it is we still don't know if it's no pe*is type or no balls type of eunuch for his case. Could still work. *cough cough
game of thrones

Dex-chan lover
@Shuis Let people joke around a bit.

Plus, having a girl with freckle (especially the one that isn't just small amount of dots around the cheeks) as the main character is pretty rare.

Ok, so what does giving someone 'their symbol' mean? Like, why was Jinshi blushing profusely while giving Maomao that hairpin?

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being such a monster simp that you get as worked up about fake freckles as the people in this comments section. If you are sit down and reconsider your life choices
Had you considered that maybe you take people on the Internet too seriously?
Imagine being such a tightarse that you get worked up about facetious reactions in a comments section.

I hope you've learnt to loosen up a little in the 3 years since you made that comment.

Users who are viewing this thread