The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 6 Ch. 29.1 - Syphilis (Part 1)

@elenharits
If I remember correctly from reading the novel, the woman that tried to chop maomao’s finger is her mother.
she did chop Maomao’s finger and sent it to Rakan as a revenge for abandoning her (I forgot the detail why he did that)
The woman with syphilis is not her mom.
But her mom died because of syphilis too. And the only person who’s able to beat Rakan in Go.

Maomao's mother wanted to be with her father, hence pregnant with Maomao. But Maomao's grandfather is a piece of sh*t, he probably embarassed that his son wanted to take a courtesan as a wife, he sent his son to the war for several years->he never sent the letters from the courtesan to his son. The adopted father of Maomao found the letters from the courtesan (Ruo Men is her dad's uncle), but it took time for the madam and other courtesans to believe him->the syphilis spread all over her mother's body.

Her parents story is the reason why Maomao doesn't believe in different class marriage.

Fed-Kun's army
@Umesan oh? really? hmm, the way its set up it seems like that may have been the case but then then again, there are people saying that
the woman isnt maomaos mother so that may have been the case as well.

Contributor
@Mingxingxing
damn, that's absolutely tragic...... it's too late for a happy ending for her mother but I hope she at least has a peaceful death....

@Kojirremer I assumed that from certain commenters, I just need the closest chapter to what'll be equivalent to right before this or right after this... I really don't have the time to read it from ch.1

Dex-chan lover
@Writerfromanotherstar Vol. 2 chapter 5 of WN is where Maomao disguises Jinshi. Since there are some things popping around that point that do not appear in the manga, I'd suggest you start from there, or else you will feel lost when stuff you are not familiar with is mentioned.

Dex-chan lover
page 8 , last panel : at 1st , i thought those were gold coins , but they are actually Xiangqi pieces or something : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi .

page 11 : the smell of expensive incense triggers her memory when she was still a famous courtesan , so she starts singing and playing go board game : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game) .

i guess cleaning up the patient 's clothes , pillows , blankets , diapers , ... , would be a b!tchy job . how about let her sleep on the hard floor while n@ked ? lol .

and is it safe to wipe the patient 's bloody body while mao mao 's left arm is injured like that ?

Users who are viewing this thread