The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 10 Ch. 134 - I Get Irritated, Too

Supporter
Yes. The series Slow Start is about a girl who had to take a year out between middle and high school because of a badly timed case of the mumps getting her quarantined when the high school entrance exams were.
Had not run across the concept before outside of exceptional medical circumstances (e.g., Please, Teacher). Everything else I've read where a character misses exams, that character is diverted into an alternative system (afternoon or night classes) or doesn't bother continuing at all. Good to know.

Dex-chan lover
I was not expecting the whole drama went away that easy, but I'm glad it did

Is this whole volume just gonna be the beach arc?

Also, I actually expected Yamada to talk about her jealousy problems, but maybe that’s something she has to talk about with Ichikawa later on.

Aggregator gang

Also, I actually expected Yamada to talk about her jealousy problems, but maybe that’s something she has to talk about with Ichikawa later on.
that's what I think as well, on the last day/ end of the volume it's just gonna be Ichikawa and Yamada, they'll talk about this little fight and Yamada will tell him about her jealousy or maybe Ichikawa will find out on his own. It will probably lead to Ichikawa initiating a kiss and reassuring Yamada that she doesn't have to worry.

Supporter
I wonder if Ichikawa ever will grow taller?
Was a plot point at the beginning of third-year; while Anna's essentially stopped growing (taller, at any rate), Icchi has shot up a few inches since the previous year's physical and can finally reach the library's top shelves. And he's still only a few months out from having celebrated his fourteenth birthday (at the end of March), so there's plenty of time.

Supporter

They've discussed this a bit, both at the disastrous first home visit and during the confession arc. She seemed to have accepted that as one of the flaws she's comfortable not fixing, but she's certainly reconsidering that stance.

Dex-chan lover
I would like to point out that Moeko is envious of Yamada, while Yamada is both envious and jealous of Moeko. Go figure.

So Yamada did notice the tension from Moe building up these last months, she's very emotionally perceptive as usual. Glad they decided to not deny those negative feelings and agree to be more frank with each other.
She did not.
Yamada is well-aware that she is klutz and everyone are spoiling her, which is frustrating for her because it's sort of prevents her from growing up/ trying to reform herself.

Double-page supporter
Yamada's character is pretty interesting. She knows she has been spoiled, yet has some self-awareness of it. She enjoys the attention and (perhaps unfair) care she receives from her friends, while simultaneously struggling to change anything because of how fun it is.
Yamada definitely has changed / is trying to though. Since back in chapter 63 where she says that she’s scared of losing her relationships.

She just has her setbacks, which makes sense because she’s still 14.

Last edited:
I always took Anna's jealousy as a cute gag. Just like Kyou's. We see more of Anna's because there's mostly girls around. I love see them get jealous over each other

Dex-chan lover
I think Anna is jealous of more than just Kyo/Moe‘s relationship - real and possible imagined, and/or envious as Mordenheim said. This chapter might well be the biggest character development for her so far, she’s been aware of growing up for a while, but now sees how lucky she is to have good prospects, friends, family and a boyfriend that will require her to grow and change to keep them.

Anna lying on the beach was her own moment of enlightenment just as Kyo’s moment on stage, that’s why she didn’t take his hand - she wasn’t rejecting him, she was accepting that she had to do it herself, for herself.

When have we ever seen a couple grow like this? Together, but for themselves. Personal growth, but still caring and committed.

”I’m not here because I need to be, but because I want to be.” just means so much more, you know?

Dex-chan lover
Of course it’s annoying how she’s got a prick tease body in middle school, doesn’t do any work and wins at life while getting to act oblivious to everything. Nope, I don’t even like those people IRL, why would Moeko put up with that shit

Users who are viewing this thread