The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 10 Ch. 139 - We're Wandering Around

Dex-chan lover
This is too real

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-02-16-134836.png
Everything in my life makes sense now.

Dex-chan lover
Regarding the sex stuff, I remember when 14-sai no koi also started to brooch this topic towards the end of the manga. Imho, any author worth their salt who is trying to write a relatively 'grounded' middle-schooler romance will touch on this subject because it's completely normal. Different cultures have drastically different views on when and if teenagers should be exposed to these topics. In my culture (east europe) 7th grade (so around 14-15) was exactly when sex started becoming an important topic and students started experimenting. Parents were very encouraging about it too and saw it as a natural thing to let the kids 'discover themselves'. And it was so culturally accepted that sex-ed classes were happening around this time too.

I remember having discussions about this with some Indian friends many years later and they were shocked, because where they grew up, guys weren't even approaching girls in school. A very different culture. But, imho, Japan is definitely more in that european mindset of 'enjoy youth for what it is' during pubescence. It's nice that they talk about it, if anything and people should accept these cultural differences.

The one thing that is important is that whenever authors go for this sort of plot line when it's in this very early teenhood is to be careful about how they handle it. Lots of responsibility on the author here to deliver the right message to the young readers. Like for our boy not to pressure Yamada or vice-versa. Big part of why I really enjoyed 14 sai no koi when it came to this narrative, since it handled it with extreme care. Knowing how this manga has been written thus far, I've zero fears that the author would mess this up. The writing has always been extremely respectful. (weird sentence, ik, but you get what I mean).

Not that I think this will go anywhere yet regardless, neither of them seem ready yet. If anything, they might have a moment and then catch themselves pushing too far and just say "wow, I don't think we're ready for this yet, can we wait?" And that will be a perfect message to deliver to the reader to not rush these things if they don't feel ready and just take it at their own pace, coming back to the subject another 100-200 chapters later.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As I posted elsewhere:
News flash: 14 year olds do get horny and sometimes even get frisky together, which is fine.
However, we do not need to be - and should not be - an audience, that is very not fine.
and
These two are standing on the cusp between childhood (temporarily tattoos) and adulthood (mystery condoms), working out together what that means for themselves and each other. Seeing how Anna reacted to the idea of Kyo touching her chestal zone, I think we’re a long way off them actually DOING IT, however it’s handled.

Apart from the pervy crap, let Sensei cook.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes it's annoying on how worried Kyotaro is about things. A simple kiss isn't going to push Anna away.
Careful there.

You are seeing both from an outsiders point of view, and as a person with more experience regarding this (I'm assuming, as you find kissing your significant other "simple")

Kyo is also a massive over thinker in general, so I would argue that every single thing is complex for him. As it was for a lot of us when we were his age.

Dex-chan lover
yeah? And?
Reminder that the target audience is middle school aged readers. Does that mean adults can't enjoy a story like this? All of this is extremely relatable content to most readers. Was I supposed to stop reading this kind of stuff when I turned 18? Am I not allowed to look back at how I felt about sexuality as a middle schooler and find entertainment from the hindsight?

Obviously these characters are not ready for sex but it does not mean that they don't think about it and aren't considering the possibility. We should applaud the topic of safe sex being addressed with the inclusion of condoms.

So what exactly are you trying to say with your comment? I think we're all aware of how old they are.
What he's getting at is all thirsty af comments asking them to fuck.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it seems imminent how. I'd be amazed if the author was so bold as to actually follow through but I highly doubt it. Im sure something will slam the breaks on this.

Dex-chan lover
Mystery solved, the condom belonged to this asshole. Momo you can do better.:worry:

Also Ichikawa, my sweet summer child, Yamada has been eating you with her eyes for a long time and did you forget how she was pretty much giving you a tongue kiss during that concert? If anything you should worry about the exact opposite. :ROFLMAO:
:korone:

Dex-chan lover
"I'm creepy at the best of times, this just makes me 500 times creepier! How could Yamada love a creepy guy like me? Is it because it's Yamada!?" My boy has self-loathing issues:fml:
I'm pretty sure a lot of us can relate to this. Even if we do get girlfriends, "How the hell can someone like her have feelings for me?" is a question we'll sometimes ask ourselves repeatedly because we know how different we are to them to where we'll never know what they're thinking. It's not just culture, our thinking processes are all the way down to biological levels. One of the few exceptions to this would be that they're confident/narcissistic enough to know they have the looks and resources to get any girl they want.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Highlight of the chapter: We finally solved the mystery of the condom
I was expecting more like a "Komi+Tadano Kiss Under the Rain" moment but as I saw from Sakurai Norio's tweets, it really will end with a stint in a love hotel (Momo's boyfriend really knows how the place works LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread