The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 3 Ch. 33.1 - Extra Chapter 29 - A Story of Getting Your Height Measured

Dex-chan lover
@ninjazz Oh why, why was I destined to be tall!

@N0Mi0 Personally, I'm inclined to call bullshit on that one. It most likely depends a lot on the country, but from my many (often drunk) preference discussions etc. fuckery over the years, men that specifically do not like tall women are noticeably rarer than dudes who either give no shits either way, or that specifically do like them. They exist, of course(like my both closest childhood friends, which is why I too thought it as weird in that tender middleschool age), calling them some weird niche couldn't be farther from the truth.
And now that you mention it, almost all of the tall women in my circle are either in a relationship, or have some serious pull, too.

Contributor
@Qwormuli

I think in your case it's exactly the reverse: for one reason or another your personal worldview differs from the standard male one on this planet, and it seems that in addition you also consider yours to be the dominant one. Then let us just turn to some actual research:

Conditional mate preferences: Factors influencing preferences for height

Abstract

Physical stature plays an important role in human mate choice because it may signal dominance, high status, access to resources, and underlying heritable qualities. Although past research has examined overall preferences for height, we propose these preferences are modified by evolved mechanisms that consider one’s own height and prevailing social norms. We examined this proposal using samples of 2000 personal ads and 382 undergraduates. Both sexes preferred relationships where the woman was shorter when specifying the shortest acceptable, tallest acceptable, and ideal dating partner. In the personal ads sample, this norm was more strongly enforced by women than by men: 23% of men compared to only 4% of women would accept a dating relationship where the woman was taller. Preferences for the male-taller norm were less pronounced in short men and tall women, who shifted towards preferring someone closer to their own height. This limited their potential dating pool but ensured they would select a mate within the typical range of variation for height. Surprisingly, endorsement of traditional gender role norms was only weakly related to height preferences, particularly for women. These findings highlight the utility of examining how evolutionary factors, including endorsement of social norms, may influence mate preferences.

"23% of men [...] would accept a dating relationship where the woman was taller". 23 per cent to me sounds like less than 1/4 and definitely less than 1/2.

And the more East (therefore "traditional") you go, the lesser that number would become, reaching it's peak in countries like Japan where having a female partner taller than you is straight embarrassing, if not shameful. Of course there are exceptions, but we're talking about the average man here.

P.S. There's also this article, if one looks for a more digestible version: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/after-service/201909/5-reasons-why-women-and-men-care-about-height

Though personally I always question the adequacy of any "Psychology something-something" site.

Dex-chan lover
@N0Mi0 Got the full rights to that? It'd be interesting to read, because from the abstract alone you can't see the important bits. The study itself says overtly call out "-...-prevailing social norms-...-", but doesn't have a reference for the area of study. As I said (or at least my intent was to say), that empirically from my surroundings your assertions seemed to be bs, not that it was so around you or in the world at large.

Dex-chan lover
I love me a discussion, and the height thing is awesome, but where are the FBI jokes? They're in second year Middle School, remember? Meaning, they're 13-15 (depending on how early or late your birthday is). Suggestive poses on a 14yo girl and no FBI jokes? I'm honestly surprised.

Dex-chan lover
Yamada is a heavy girl, huh? Who coulda guessed the busty tall girl who eats like Kirby would be a lil heavy..?

Honestly I hate it when individual color pictures are posted with the chapters, they are always ecchi and they kinda kill the mood in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread