The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 9 Ch. 117 - I Want to Move Forward, Too

Dex-chan lover
Aw. Y'know its a small thing compared to that impactful finale, but him genuinely befriending a girl he used to just grimly mentally shit-talk is really sweet. The arc of this kid who was kinda drowning in misery and using being wierd/'dark' as a way to push the world away... it's touching seeing him get to his level.

Dex-chan lover
I like that he's not afraid of trying new fashion trends and stuff. It's an interesting character trait because normally in stories like this you have an introvert guy who doesn't want to try anything new. He's a lil weirdo but stuff like this is what makes him seem like a good match for her.
I think being Wierd and Dark the way he is(/was- he's toned down a lot) requires a certain level of boldness and interest in Flashiness. I think you're right= it kind of lets him rise to her level. He's blooming into a very socially healthy True Goth...

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect to see Ichikawa's inner personality to be part of the cast!!
IMG-20230331-065849.jpg

Dex-chan lover
i must be misremembering the definition for obvious.
Seemed obvious to me, maybe I'm wrong? like look at how it's written and the context, there's no way someone would unironically think what he wrote there

I think being Wierd and Dark the way he is(/was- he's toned down a lot) requires a certain level of boldness and interest in Flashiness. I think you're right= it kind of lets him rise to her level. He's blooming into a very socially healthy True Goth...
I think he is one of the most fashionable male lead for romcom series, and the gap to the standard lead is huge. Most romcom male lead just use t-shirt/shirt + jacket combo for everything they do including date, while Ichikawa has always been creative (albeit a bit chuuni) with his outifs. Even his home outfits are sometimes pretty cool.

Dex-chan lover
It's very refreshing to see a series where the couple has actually a good character development, not only that but as a couple in general, Kyotaro and Anna are just wholesome. They funny, cute, loveable, daring, protective and when it's needed assertive of each other, more and more. I really hope we still have lots of chapters to go, not with dramas (even tho, dramas here really do have a purpose and never overstays they welcome) but with simple progression, this is what I have always wanted in a romance manga, real progression. They are still really young (14), and Anna growing up will probably have a lot of attention with her career and so on, I really want to see Kyotaro growing even more to keep up with her, as when the time really calls for it, he can be there for her, and some extras showed them living together in the future (or at least seemed like them), I'm just concerned about this high school arc, and how it will work, as it seems that they will probably be going to different ones, even tho, it will take some time. I love their slow but always stead progression, I just hope there's no unwanted heavy drama moving foward, this is one of the best couple build up I saw, and is even better if we look from chapter one, there's no way you can say that cringe story and character would turn this way.

Dex-chan lover
I think he is one of the most fashionable male lead for romcom series, and the gap to the standard lead is huge. Most romcom male lead just use t-shirt/shirt + jacket combo for everything they do including date, while Ichikawa has always been creative (albeit a bit chuuni) with his outifs. Even his home outfits are sometimes pretty cool.
I agree!! I think he has some freedom since he's meant to be a little wierd (chuuni lol) that way. He doesn't have to be just kinda middle of the road.... not like an 'everyman' teen. I emphasize with it, since it reminds me of That One Middle School School Photo.... it makes me want to cheer for my younger self, too.

Dex-chan lover
Anime is starting up on Hidive for those that dont know yet.
The anime soundtrack makes it even more amazing, I loved it, and it really takes back from the cringe times when Kyotaro was really hard to read without you trying to cover your face with so much cringe.

Users who are viewing this thread