The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 9 Ch. 117 - I Want to Move Forward, Too

Dex-chan lover
I now know that Yamada turning into a Gal was the only part still missing to make this one of my faves

Really like the dynamic Kyo and Moe got going on.

I’m always a sucker for the “one-note ditzy comedic relief side-character the MC hates develops into a real character, and ends up his closest bro and wingman” trope. When it’s done right it’s peak character development for both characters.

Contributor
So this was an elaborate gyaru origin story all along, then we get the high school teasing gyaru x former chuuni loner guy manga

Kyoutarou dyeing his hair to match Anna when. He's already willing to try edgy fashion styles, hair dye shouldn't be that big of a leap, right...?

Supporter
I really like that he can have a 1 to 1 relationship with moe without it having any romantic stuff to it
Even if he were her type (big-time hella NO), she was very aware how far that ship had already sailed even by New Year's Eve. "It's fine if I do this?" She's essentially been his best friend since that night.

Supporter
Aw. Y'know its a small thing compared to that impactful finale, but him genuinely befriending a girl he used to just grimly mentally shit-talk is really sweet. The arc of this kid who was kinda drowning in misery and using being wierd/'dark' as a way to push the world away... it's touching seeing him get to his level.
That he's been so forgiving toward a certain someone who less than a year ago literally called him a slime in front of Yamada is truly amazing. That said certain someone has herself completely reevaluated him over time, though, is peak side-character growth.

Dex-chan lover
That he's been so forgiving toward a certain someone who less than a year ago literally called him a slime in front of Yamada is truly amazing. That said certain someone has herself completely reevaluated him over time, though, is peak side-character growth.
Honestly it really is kind of an amazing friendship arc when you think about it, huh...? From complete mutual loathing to now...

Dex-chan lover
I’m just glad the series didn’t end after the confession. I hope Ichikawa finds something he can fully immerse himself as well because if he only got Yamada he’ll feel left out or out of place whenever Yamada focuses on modeling or acting. It’s hard being with someone like Yamada not because she isn’t a good partner but because of her work. Wonder how their relationship will be throughout high school, college, and marriage

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully his friend doesnt turn hateful after this.

anyways its like I have the Yamada Jealous mindset but Ichikawa and Moe are somehow getting friendlier and friendlier. Is the mangaka trying to hint some undisclosed feelings there on Moe's side perhaps?

Love the fact that Moe and Icchi's relationship improved over the years. From the start Moe did like Icchi as Yamada's partner, as she always ended up covering for both of them.

Even Moe didn't have concrete proof that the two are a couple, she still kept her suspicion. What a great wingman.

Dex-chan lover
I forgot. Did he want to get in the same school as Yamada?
Yamada wants to go to Hinata I think. It's either Syugakukan is close to Hinata, or that he wants to prove his mettle by going to a prestigious school. Essentially, he's finally giving it his all after his failed attempt in his previous middle school entrance exams which discouraged him to do anything worthwhile, until he met Yamada.

Users who are viewing this thread