The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

@illusion_moon Her arguments rather than showing foolproof logic just showed how dumb and weak the accusations were. If she was the bully, she had enough clout and power to bully all of them into oblivion. If the accusation is about her behavior, so freaking what? Lineage? Actual slander toward a couple that is renown for being mad infatuated with each others with children being born out of wedlock being virtually an impossibility.

The point being that despite how little she had to present the accusations only had surface level depth with no backing or follow up the moment they were opposed. They didn't have any proof or fact to corroborate and as the accusers it was their's to show not the other way around.

@Qriiz Other students believed rumors more than Patrick and Alicia themselves. So I think he decided to fake support them in an early denunciation event so they would see their own accusations fall flat.

Think of it as purposefully detonating a landmine when it's safe to avoid it's danger later on.

While Mary wished for her family to get ruined to a certain extend, she seems to be aiming for a different way to archive the same result, in which her employees and family won't suffer undue slander in the aftermath (might be possible to stage with Patrick and co. as accomplices who are actually on friendly term with Mary).

Im in love with every character but mainly with patrick and mary’s relationship. They’re just best buddies who understands each other. They’d be supporting each other if both are head of their houses.

I don't think i understand the student council's reasoning very well, or Patrick's. But I think i understand Mary's and her behavior pretty well. What she basically said was "I have the power to tear everyone else to shreds in here... starting with you, because I can destroy you and your families with a simple word. Do you really think that with that kind of power, I'd just bully a simple baron's daughter and tease her if I was really angry with her?"

It's not like she really wanted to destroy them. It was more like a Pitbull showing his teeth to a pack of chiwhawha to make them understand that if she wants to she can eat them in a bite, she certainly doesn't need to bark at them from behind a gate.

@Alyseb630
@illusion_moon
Bringing up the parents' speech Mary implicitly said "you are arbitrarily accusing me of not behaving like an Albert's daughter. But since I AM a daughter of the Albert family my behavior, however eccentric, is completely legitimate since my parents never told me anything about it either. Or are you insinuating that the Albert family was unable to raise me properly or worse, that I am not my parents' daughter or a living proof of infidelity?"

Dex-chan lover
@Lucrecia
I think the thing with Patrick is that Mary's reputation at school has always been kinda iffy because she's a bit of a weirdo. Add on the other council members ended up doing something stupid and accusing her, so he decided to stage this farce condemnation and publicly let reality smack them in the face to silence all criticism at once.

Whether or not that was a good idea is separate but it would be the motive.

@Psychronia
Well, in this case, Patrick’s behavior makes sense.
But one more thing I can’t explain to myself: doesn’t it bother him at all that the entire student council, including the teachers, goes after his girlfriend? I understand her confidence in Alice, but even I, who am not a jealous person, would start to have some problems with the situation...

@Haraken thank you.
Now her getting chummy with the student councils and her talk with them make a lot more sense.

@Haraken @Lucrecia completely agree with your points :v

To answer @karzak
1. The fake "condemnation" event was essentially organised by Patrick, who had confidence that Mary would be able to refute the arguments of the student council (Patrick knows her well, being childhood friends and all - though doing it while she was still recovering from a cold was unfortunate, if not a bit mean). That being said, this follows the previous pattern of how events mimic the game, as if it really was 'fate', which is something to potentially keep in mind.
2. The accusers got off because Mary made those statements when she reached the boiling point of her anger, I think - by the time where she received an apology, she now understood the true extent of the circulating rumors and had calmed down. Anyway, retaliation at this point would be closer to holding a grudge than self-defense, which is possibly not graceful or ladylike, and Mary's pride would never let her stoop to that level herself.
3. As Haraken said, she denied the claims because she doesn't want Addie to go down as well. In addition, her pride won't let herself be taken to ruin because of accusations of petty actions. Like she's said before, she won't let herself fall to ruin because of the immature actions of "Otome-game Mary".
4. Also as Haraken and Lucrecia said - it's more like she's letting them think for themselves how immature their actions are, without needing to say it all directly (if she did, then she'd really be threatening them by abusing her power, which would actually give them some reason to accuse her - like, in a civil setting, you wouldn't straight up give someone a death threat even if you could). I wouldn't exactly call it "strawmanning" since the act of antagonising Mary, given her status, will have major implications, and she's alluding to one of them. It's not like her parents will turn a blind eye to someone publicly humiliating her, after all.

Im laughing hard at this part when reading the novel version and im laughing hard again when reading the manga version 😆😂
Buying a croquette are not a mistake! Its tasty! Its good! Im joining Mary side for this!

she should have gone harder on all of them except patrick

they really believed all that shit without evidence and she let them go just like that?

i would've made them feel like shit and want to commit suicide cause fuck that

Fed-Kun's army
unlike a certain "villainess" manga...this one is rather....amusing in a different sense than that one xD
like "oh crap....she really destroyed them with words" xD

Fed-Kun's army
"My source of nutrients." The way she delivered that line, the context, I can't stop laughing 😂 This lady, oh my god, hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread