The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 20

Eh, the butler’s revelation seems reasonable. Don’t put him on the saint’s pedestal, that’s an unfair expectation. Just because he’s the duke’s butler doesn’t mean he is absolutely perfect.

That head maid though. Hitting others hard enough to draw blood because others are praising her own madam. She needs to be replaced soon, because she can’t even manage to feign loyalty to her master.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope her crazy butt gets fired. I kinda wanted the butler to catch her at it hehe

@Karmichel I don’t think she did if I remember correctly the maid saw the old maid as unworthy of her status and took part in bullying her due to jealous of the undeserved status.

I KNEW THAT FUCKING BUTLER DUDE KNEW ABOUT THE HARASSMENT, I KNEW, I SAID IT
PEOPLE SAID I WAS WRONG-//

Also Cale, you told the madam to pick someone....you are also to blame for the maid being beaten 🙄 The foolish and weak Cloe was not smart enough to think of that on her own.
[dramatic scream over..lol] goes back to reading

waifu: *sips tea* ah so sweet.
hubby: of course. you put seven cubes of sugar in it.

I can understand Cale’s position, but I don’t understand what the Head Maid gets from acting this way. I guess it’s just classic abuser tryna maintain their control over others shit.

Meo

Double-page supporter
On one hand, I do feel like I can understand the butler's view point. His job is to manage the household, interpersonal relationship is outside his scope of responsibilities. But...the poor maid that got framed.

Why is this lunatic the head maid? What's with her contempt for Chloe? Shoving people, slapping people hard enough to draw blood, she's totally LOST it.

Double-page supporter
she needs to build an empire, take the good maids and destroy everyone else. fuck em all.

Fed-Kun's army
People kinda forgot that the head maid was a lower noble and is aiming for the Duke's dicking of a lifetime. Head maid is sabotaging her to either lead her to kill herself literally, socially, and mentally to the point where she either offs herself or the Duke divorces her.

I hope karma eats her up alive.

Of course the the Butler knew. How could no one in that home not know she was being treated poorly?

And the head maid bullied her because of her own insecurities. She smelled weakness on Chloe and went in. The head maid is more of a coward than the past Chloe ever was.

Even though I understand where Cale is coming from, why didn't he even put in effort to teach the original Chloe her duties? Or have the Duke hire someone to do that? I'm also miffed that he allowed the staff to harass Chloe, the madam of the house and Duchess. Her standing is higher than theirs even if she isn't competent. He let them get away with things that impact the dignity of the household and would quite frankly affect the Duke in terms of reputation if everyone outside the household knew (if they didn't already). The Duke's wife is being bullied by the staff and the head butler does nothing.

@looseleaftea Totally agree. Cale has no excuse and as head butler he should have fired those people or reprimanded them. I think erbody should get fired except the one maid because while they are supposed changing in realty habits die hard.

I love how everyone's (the fanbase) opinion has to an extent pushed in OG Chloe's favor. From what we've seen, her biggest fault was the blaming incident but with the revelation of Cale being a bystander changed a lot of things. I'm surprised but when you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard to believe. His actions in his eyes were understandable but reading everyone's comments, I have to agree to A LOT of points.

OG Chloe had abysmally low self esteem. She was "chosen" to marry the duke and judging from the duke's former attitude, wasn't allowed to do anything and should've just enjoyed the priviledge. What Cale did wrong in the bystanding is outright ignoring her just because she didn't "deserve the respect" (did I go too far or used the wrong words? Feels like I did), but can you blame OG Chloe when 1. its part of her personality 2. NO ONE taught her/had the patience to teach her and instead devalued her (sure, like talking behind her back is supposed to magically help her grow? Some people may be able to overcome that but not OG Chloe, from what we've seen, she had NO ONE) and again, it was previously mentioned, noblewomen's education doesn't include household management (but I assume they expect her to just do the darn job. Sure she may have lost them a great deal of money and probably caused headaches here and there) 3. Leaving the hostile head maid who was clearly aiming for the duke in charge of her (sure, no one is aware of her circumstances like the general audience but seeing her, a victim of bullying become an even bigger bully to an even bigger victim)

Fed-Kun's army
No! Not the chef! She doesn't deserve to be punished 😡 Not only the head maid is a viper, but the butler is also an awful person. What did he expected from a fragile insecure woman without experience. Sure, blaming that maid was horrible, but ignoring the bullying was simply wrong.

@Alkmar
Yeah, plot holes are annoying (just like the tea shop in a country where everyone drinks only coffee)

i fault the butler not for the "respect issue" but for not protecting members of the dukes family. His main charge might be the duke but in general I believe all employees to some degree would have the responsibility to do something or report behavior detrimental to family members or the estate like the maids treatment over time, not talking the gossip but actual games.

To me you treat people decently, but that doesn't mean you have to respect them. To me respect is earned, it is less of a behavior and more of a viewpoint or opinion. Has no one here had a conversation with someone where they give you advice or talk about something and you can tell they don't know what they're talking about. You treat them decently, say interesting I'll look into it and then go about your way because it is obvious they don't have actual knowledge or experience on the subject but just spewing something they've heard.

Fed-Kun's army
oh shizz. When is that woman gonna get what's coming to her?

I totally agree with everyone's points about the butler!!! Even if he didn't like her, he should've been the one to help her/guide her as it is his job to support the ducal family. I felt like he was a bit vindictive-ish in the way that he was talking and his decision is what really bred the bullying. With his choice, this whole mess is still being carried out even though Chloe has changed. The Head Maid flaunts her power around bc the butler let her. Who is the master and who is the servant? In OG Chloe's right, she's still of higher status than the maids despite her flaws yet he chose to standby. (Also ML fed her to the wolves by not truly standing by her. He didn't have to love her but he also didn't have to throw her aside. They've married after all.)

Bullies are bad but those who don't speak up are just as bad if not worse since they can clearly tell the right from wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
@schlo I agree with you completely. Respect is earned but as the butler, it is his job to assist the duke and duchess. Honestly wasn't he the one that hinted for Chole to pick a maid as scapegoat?

That poor kitchen maid thou... wasn't she the one who got whipped? If anyone she is the one who has the right to be angry, not this batshit crazy head maid.

Users who are viewing this thread