The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 37

I love his look and opinion on theater xD. Also I appreciate how even though he dislikes it he still was willing to sit through it with her hahaha xD.

Dex-chan lover
Im too used to stupid novels that have idiots constantly pulling shit and getting slaps on the wrist and released for next chapter. I didn’t think she’d die lol

@raos044 Benjamin Franklin's grandfather, who lived in England, was jailed for disobeying a puny local magistrate in defense of middle-class shopkeepers and artisans. Just saying. That's how status mattered in aristocrat society. Even if the former Chloe was a duchess in name only, the Duke has his dignity to protect. It is worth as much as his fortune.

ONCE HE SAW THE ACTORS KISSING, HE WAS LIKE
"OH, THIS IS KINDA INTERESTING..."
🤣🤣

Kyahhhh *blush blush*😳🙈 Duke why smooth~
And yes finally justice for original Chloe🎉
Thanks for the update😄✨

Double-page supporter
@thotto you missed the part where nobody gave a shit about Chloe. The duke didn't know because he never cared. The servants didn't care cause they thought she was useless and some outright hated her. Chloe herself wasnt going to report it to anyone because she was scared. She had no friends who would report it on her behalf. Doesn't matter what the law is when the crime goes basically unnoticed/unreported. I'm not saying it's not a crime, I'm saying it doesn't matter if it was because nobody with the power to change the situation did anything about it.

Fed-Kun's army
Take that you satan's b*tch! 300? Should be 1000 whip for her ass and i really like the hang buddy doing finishing touch.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait they have electricity? ...
Um anyway isn’t that a little out of it? That thing in the woods was ages ago, it was the dress that was recent so taking action now seems a little stupid really....I admit I dislike how nonchalant she was about the woman dying ....I am not debating over if it is or not deserved because that’s a different subject matter altogether...It’s just, she drank some tea and she was chill with someone dying ....Ha maybe that’s why Asians were so chill with death and murder? I mean tea was one of their staple drinks

@Mewples the bullying of the maid with the forest was actually pretty serious, it was basically attempted murder. Sending a woman and her maids to a forest where there are dangerous beasts is nothing else than wanting for her to die. The only reason why she wasn't punished at the time is because the duchess had no proof, and her authority wasn't enough to just frame the head maid without proof. But after the dress incident, the truth came out, some maids testified and so the incident came back to the surface. That's why they only took action now.

Also, it might sound weird for people who live in a country where the death penalty was abolished, but that's probably just cultural difference. For someone who grew up in a country with death penalty, you would expect them to be chill about it the same way you would probably be chill with knowing that the person who attempted murder on your life is being emprisoned for years.

The only problem I'd have with this chapter though is how fast everything was resolved. The plot with the head maid has been around since the beginning, so 37 chapters. And it was resolved in half a chapter. Not even a full chapter. The pacing was weird, as if the author was tired of the drama and wanted to just end it fast.

i don't mind killing the maid but i think the author handled it in a poor way usually with traitors they go escalation where her last act should have been the worst but it turned out to be the weakest.

@9manny99 i hope she brings back the maid that she falsely accused when it was this evil maid that was behind it maybe she cant' wont go so far at to say she was wrong but should at least put her in a favorable position.
I also think she needs to do something for the maid that got seriously whipped for the MC's past self's transgression, yeah it wasn't her at fault but still connected to her and she could do something about it

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaaaahhhh!!! I didn't expect that kiss coming... Alponse got the move on her

I'm glad chloe has a good and true friend now. Who is willing to tell in her face that there is shit something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread