The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 37

Fed-Kun's army
Oh good, Ms."This is my last chance" was just scheming by herself
and was not taking orders from the ex.

Group Leader
Holy shit... Kind of extreme with the maid, don't you think? Or rather than extreme just whoosh, it was over so suddenly after feeling dragged out? Like a bit anticlimactic.
Wish had some more Chloe reaction rather than just skipping to a theater date xD Tonal whiplash wew. Like it doesn't need to be dramatic, just better closure rather than "whelp she's dead now!" Because "Chloe" still has a part of her from modern day... right?

Im still not a big fan of Alphonse, even after his character redemption of being abused as a child like its not a free pass to be terrible. Alphonse is all sweet to Chloe but wew, 300 lashes AND THEN EXECUTION like dude people be on the verge of death after 50 already? Like if she slips up the tyrannical hubby is gonna pop out which would be fine but things have been pleasant and stuff cuz tea.

Looking forward to seeing him actually become a better person as opposed to just being nice to her because shes more animated now and therefore piqued his interest. Cuz thats kinda how i feel about these transmigration stories involving abuse/neglect, like that was still a shit thing to do that he's totally capable of doing still :/

If they dont wanna get all serious with the implications of isekai nonsense and drama in favor of tea that's okay too but then they should stick with that mood. Thats part of what interested me about this series too, that casual tea stuff lol.

Yoooooo thats crazy. They actually dealt with her. I'm pleasantly surprised.
U- Um.... no, I don't think that was the point of PUBLIC private seating.... But I mean I guess it's okay as long as bodily fluids stay in the body...

@Sunhay, @R4nd0mus3r

Those are almost certainly limelights (where the term 'in the limelight' came from), which came into use in the late 1830s (and became popular in the 1860s) which somewhat equates to the technological/cultural period this series has been showing.

mmm i kinda wanted her to reflect and acknowledge that she was the one who had mental issues. She was same as Chloe and decided to throw her under the bus. imo she needed to at least apologize to her. and if i were Chloe, unless i didn't feel safe at all, i wouldn't kill someone. But thats just me. Just banish her or sth. 300 is already deadly and without recommendation she can't do great anyway. Or just leave her to the court without whipping... idk Something just feels wrong in this.

@Uyangaa565 well the maid have attempted to murder Chloe and is clearly mentally unstable. Unfortunately there is no such thing as therapy in that world so leaving/just banishing someone who is fine with killing into the world will put Chloe and other people live at risk. Also the death penalty might be more to do with the victim being from nobility.

Aggregator gang
I always don't like when a modern person transferred to ancient times and doesn't have any problem with death sentence. Attempted murder wouldn't be sentenced with death in modern times. Leave a bitter taste.

why does this feel like an epilogue? I don't want this series to end quite yet! I've gotten into tea because of it 🧐

[ol]Chloe didn't kill the maid, nor was there any indication that she lobbied to judge to do so. It was the judge who handed the maid the death penalty[/ol]
[ol]I guess many readers of this series haven't read a lot of history regarding the aristocracy and social hierarchy back then. Offending the nobles is a serious crime, let alone attempted murder. At that time, it was often the more powerful party who took advantage of the weaker, not the other way around. [/ol]
[ol]The problem is in the writing. I have trouble taking the maid seriously as a villain, simply because she is too low in ranking to even think of going head to head with a duchess. Even the wife of the future King of the Great Britain is “just” a duchess. Oh, and I remember a If the maid gets the death penalty, then the head maid and head butler should at least rot in jail for letting a lowly servant abuse the duchess. [/ol]
[ol]I gather that this series is product by a design/art studio. Their art is gorgeous, but apparently writing and historical researching are not their fortes. They can get away by saying that this is isekai, but please make it believable.[/ol]

Dex-chan lover
I think execution is a but much for that maid, but she definitely was doing too many horrible things. Prison or exile woulda been fine imo. Oh well.

I don't blame Chloe though for it, not her fault nor Alphonse. It is a bit of a pity... that maid got bullied and abused when younger other that when, yea, Chloe came around to get bullied, she no longer was and, when bullying, she got positive feedback by others. So I can see how she became warped and feel bad for it. But, that doesn't excuse her shitty actions at all.

Double-page supporter
Yes she deserved to die, and I hope she burns in hell.
hqdefault.jpg

Also the maid sisters, Sheryl Sisters I think it was? They should be fired as well. It seems that everyone else in the household was aware of the significance of the clothing so they can't be let off the hook with a "oh but they didn't know".

Also I feel the Duke. Trying to stay awake during theater when you have no interest is a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread