The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 37

Double-page supporter
@thotto Its completely believable. She was basically the Duke's wife in name only and was completely isolated from everyone else. Before our reincarnator took over her body, the servants ridiculed her, her husband didn't give a shit about her, she had made several blunders that isolated her from noble society at large and she was deemed incompetent by everyone around her (which caused her to not have control over the budget and hiring of servants and such that a lady of the house usually handles). She had nobody on her side and she never stood up for herself, and couldn't even fire anyone due to her own incompetence. The maid took advantage of that kept going further and further over time seeing that she continued to get away with it. Even if it was a crime the original Chloe would never have reported any of the abuse she suffered and she had no allies in the mansion who would help her or even believe her, so the maid would've continued to get away with it. Unfortunately for the maid, she didn't notice the writing on the wall that things had changed in the mansion and kept pushing when she really should've stopped before MC's patience had run out.

oh wow, an author not shying away from the death penalty, and not dragging out the story, was fully expecting her to be around another 50 chapters or so

the death penalty is realistic for an aristocracy period, which seems like what this series is roughly set in, despite being a fantasy land
also, keep in mind she did try to more or less indirectly kill the duchess by sending her to a death area so if she gets killed instead it's hardly possible to complain or shred tears.

you may argue whether she deserved a death penalty or not based on your sense of values, but that's a slightly different matter than the two points i (and others have raised)

the maid's frustration, sabotage and jealousy is actually very believable, and from her point of view (or anyone's) there is no way she'd think the pushover duchess could suddenly become a competent modern office lady overnight and achieve everything she did.

Props to the author for handling it very well.

the other servants complicit in the story got off too easily, if there were any bad points in the writing.

Haha Al does what many modern guys do when watching a chick flick: turn it into a makeout session. He also didn't notice that despite wondering why would someone suffer for someone else, it's exactly the same reason why he's suffering now lol.

Fed-Kun's army
The villainess of this arch kept her date with the hangman...now she gets to spend time with the gravedigger...

Oh thank god that maid has been dealt with.
That lovey dovey scene was certainly unexpected but it was worthwhile ah yes.

Ahhh *chefs kiss* that sweet feeling when they kill a character that deserves to be gotten rid of. So glad the author wasn’t too scared to write it the way they did. Lmao also he’s so cute for trying to enjoy the theater with her❤️ Thank you so much for the chapter!

Wow... given how this chapter began, that is NOT how I predicted it would end. But I have zero complaints. Evil character got their comeuppance. And we get a kiss? Best. Chapter. Ever.

Thanks for posting!

I know those eyes I had those dead eyes when finals come and slip of the memory to Alphonse is a pervy cinnamon roll

Thank goodness everything worked out perfectly. And so glad that maid is finally going to be punished. Finally!

And yay a cute date!

Thank you for translating this.

Users who are viewing this thread