The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Despite her heinous behavior, her crimes and the attempted murder, it didn't feel right with me to have the maid executed.
This is of course my personal opinion and I understand that many might disagree with me, but especially in a manga that is filled with fluff, hanging a person to pay for their crimes feels very off.
The three hundred lashings are totally justifiable though. But I for one would feel more... satisfied with her being sentenced to forced labor or something like it.

But that all doesn't matter, because the real shocker is that apparently this theatre has electric spotlights!!? What kind of out of whack parallel universe is this?!

IDK how to feel about this chapter, bit of a harrowing fate that got swept under the rug followed by cheery theatre moments.

The tonal whiplash was a bit much to me LMAO.

Two chapters ago he didn't go for a second round because of the contract, now the contract doesn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
I think the end of the maid is way to expeditive contrary what her importance in the story.
She was bullying the MC for year and her end is just like that ?
the autor didn't know what to do with her ?😕

Double-page supporter
rather than not understanding theater, it's more that he doesn't understand people :p

It's just how nobles rolled in the past really. This is what happened historically in many cases.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, we get to see that hag swing, and she has finally brought the last of the servants under her heel

Dex-chan lover
@Simkin
Well, pre lightbulb lighthouse used gas generated light and Fresnel lens to generate focused light. I don't really see an easy way to adjust it on demand, but a mechanical apparatus for it can be made (would be quite big and noisy tho.

wow, executing is kinda harsh punishment but i have read lots of isekai themed mangas and most of the villainess main characters were executed so easily. so, i guess it's normal for that kind of worlds lol

Dex-chan lover
she should have suffer more... then put to rehab.
death was to easy a punishment.

@sdemrc attempting murder to a noble is a grave crime (she could have died on that lake as it was a place full of dangerous creatures), that plus all the harassment she did to Chloe (although it was not by she alone, she was the leader). Basically she reaped what she sow.

In real history commoners could be sentenced to become slaves or even death if they offended a nobility or someone with power, so yeah...

Alphonse's response to the theater is me when I have to sit in front of my laptop for hours for my online classes XD

Fed-Kun's army
Alphonse is me... When I'm watching the teacher's explanation on zoom call... XD

Yeah... I dont think I like chloe anymore. I dont think the maid deserved such a harsh punishment. Feel like the author just wanted to get rid of the maid.

Isn't making out in a theatre after executing your bully maid such a mood.

I'm so glad they didn't let the maid off lightly. Attempted murder, coercion, abuse (of the victim and her other coworkers), so many stories end up having some nonsensical heart to heart where they let them go or something to that effect. Also I felt weird at first at the rapid mood change but rereading it I think it just didn't represent the time frame in which all the duties being given to her being passed down well.

Harsh punishment but she did try to murder MC and was abusing her for years. Plus MC is a noble and in these types of stories, crimes against nobles carry harsher sentences than crimes against commoners.

This has been such a long plot line though so I'm surprised the author kind of rushed through it. It might have been better for this chapter to be about the trial but...I guess seeing Alphonse trying to get it on ain't bad either!

Users who are viewing this thread