The Emperor's Court Lady Is Wanted as a Bride - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

I'm guessing that either they are distant cousins or something, or this is a culture where 1st cousins can marry. Heh.

But, I'm predicting that it's distant cousins

Also, I think that Leon's a tsundere. It's an effective given with the MC.

Fed-Kun's army
I- what does she mean the primordial light is a mark of failure?? How is it a failure???? Isn't it doing what it's supposed to (I mean, besides the lethargic knights and dog emperor - but that's recent)? Did I miss something? Also, her cousin...when was that a thing? Did-did the writer think there wasn't enough conflict or something, and added these problems all of a sudden?

I need this religious zealot to calm down and stop trying to corrupt poor Leon. He's just going to make Lise's life harder if he does listen to her. 😐

Dex-chan lover
@knightkamia: The way I understand it:

Everyone currently think of the Primordial Light as some kind of miracle made by God, a fountain of magic that blesses everything near it.

Instead when she fell into it, what she glanced informed her that the light wasn't made to be a fountain of magic, but rather a the fallout of a failed magic.
Like nuclear radiation but with magic.

Get too close and you die, stay far enough and you're fine, but there's the middle area between where you are affected by it but not in a lethal dose.
Which would makes the people of the Empire essentially mutants who stayed in magic-saturated zone long enough to gain the affinity for it.

In another WN I've read
Living beings mutated by exposure to high concentration of mana is exactly how demihumans like elves, dwarves, etc came to be.

Though while some retain intelligence, others lose theirs and eventually became the monsters that inhabit the world, goblins, orcs and such.

@BloodPrnicess: That's the thing with yandere 101, it's a downward spiral into insanity.
First the frustration at not being able to get her to notice you as the opposite sex.
Then the appearance of a rival, especially one who seems ahead of you on the 'makes her notice you' race, makes the fear of losing her grow.
As more and more of the events repeat, the fear grow even stronger
Until at some point, the desire to keep her exceed the will to respect her freedom/personality.
And you get the chain and cage scene with the whispering of madness "Now you will FOREVER be mine"

Aggregator gang
Reaaaally starting to get annoyed with this series now. Also hoping that "Mark that magic has failed" bullshit makes just as little sense in Japanese as it does in this translation, 'cause then the Japanese readers might yell at the author enough to get them to explain literally anything. Like, this was clearly meant to be a big reveal and now we should understand the truth of why she's avoiding talking about it but no. It wasn't. And we don't. There was not a single thing said explaining how exactly it "failed".

Argh, I'm probably going to end up dropping this if it keeps all this bullshit up.

This series is getting complicated :)) wish it was handled or told in a better way because the flow seems off and all over the place.

Thanks for the chapter!

@keansor agreed... the whole failed magic is not reasonable enough to be an issue.. a very cheap plot wheels for another drama if I dare say.. I'm disappointed, again n again.. oh well..

This story showed alot of promise so now I'm frustrated that it's starting to go down hill. Why does Leon suddenly want to get in the MC's pants when there hasn't been a hint of that in the previous chapters? What is all this "magic that has failed" bs and why is she so deathly afraid of revealing it? C'mon author! Don't needlessly complicate the story when said complications make no friggin' sense.

Aggregator gang
@WhimsiCat The idea of it being a magical fallout makes a lot of sense, especially regarding the magical beasts. I mean, they were made from the primordial light so it makes sense that they are drawn to it, and given that they were once human(I assume some of the monsters used to be) then that makes it even more dangerous to be near since the risk of anyone becoming one is high. In fact, I wonder if this is why the Prince is turning into a dog and why the knights are so sluggish. It's not that someone is doing something to them, but rather they are going through these symptoms due to not being near the fallout or at least not being near enough. The prince is slowly turning into a magical beast and the others are literally dying slowly. It was mentioned before that those of the empire have long lifespans due to the light, so what happens if they are away from it for too long? Honestly it's making a lot more sense now with these ideas added to the mix. Just seems like the author is having a hard time conveying this all, which is a shame 'cause there's a lot of potential here.

Users who are viewing this thread