The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 27

This chapter makes me so mad.

Based on the novel's settings, a woman's status is highly dependent on her husband. By virtue of her status as Duchess, she should have been given more respect and should not have been sidelined by any vassal (resentful or not). I blame her emotionally inept husband for this, because he should have drilled it into his subordinates, from freaking day one, that she should be treated with the utmost respect since she is the Duchess (Visaride or not).

Now, I fully support her decision to divorce Harsen when her brother died, so that she could take over the marquisate until her nephew/niece come of age. Why stay in a family where you're not really accepted and treated as the enemy? Also, I now don't feel too bad that the Bernhardt duchy was destroyed in their failed rebellion.

@kurojotei I agree! He's so focused on keeping her alive (which is great and all) but completely omitting her mental health/happiness.

How suffocating must it have been to have literally no one in your own home acknowledge you? I don't agree with how she chose to resent her son, but it's definitely understandable.

can anyone spoil me whats about to happen in the next few chapters? any good or bad news? or maybe both?

Wow that guys is really a jerk.

It's also on her husband for not telling his vassals to work with her though

"Visaride girl" ?? She's a BERNHARDT WOMAN. AND HER NAME IS LADY ERCELLA.

Yess go baroness for understanding and showing empathy when no one else would give MC any. She's awesome and not afraid to lecture her husband to help Ercella.

Man, I’m so happy this time the comments are much more supportive
When I was reading the comments from some of the earlier chapters, people seem to look down on Ercella and couldn’t understand where she was coming from

Also, thank you for the update

@skilodracus
yeah, so later on in the story, her brother, Caron, dies due to illness (iirc). Since Caron’s children are too young to take over and her sister-in-law isn’t really up to the job, they needed someone to take over the mantle. Ercella was raised and trained just like her siblings, so she’s qualified to take over. However, she can’t be a Visaride and a Bernhardt at the same time, then become the Visaride house’s head, ‘cause you know, politics, so she chose to divorce Harsen and revert to being a Visaride.

damn now that i think about it, how many of Ercella's talents must've gone to waste? we know from the ep with the bookstore that she has an interest in theology (which is not common) and this flashback shows that she had the intelligence to calculate the budget too. sure, it may not have been as refined as the actual vassals' work, but it speaks volumes about her capabilities. harsen and his vassals never acknowledged her as an actual duchess, otherwise she would be given more respect and would actually contribute to the management of the household. i don't mind if she leaves now, she's clearly being held back.

Fed-Kun's army
@kurijotei
That's a relief; her relationship with Harsen is just too broken to be fixed. Here's hoping she's finally able to find her happiness free of the nightmare she's currently trapped in.

As far as the baroness is right, why say that nearly 20 years after it should have been obvious and not before?

Users who are viewing this thread