The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud

I'm just here for when the empress pulls a no you, and executes Dowun's dad for acting outside of his station and exercising power that doesn't belong to him.

(Probably won't happen.) But similarly being banned from the palace would be a very spicy and well deserved uno reverse.

I guess bodyguard is her only one savior who reminded her innoncent but still hopeless when no one in the palace cared in fire so that she survived and met Dowun. Their relationship is like princess and knight.
Then Dowun, he is her next real savior who taught her know how to survive in the palace. On the other hand, she knew he also used her as a tool and that is why she still hold his ring when nervous to remind her emotional childhood who once wore this ring happily before she found out it's not lovey-dovey. As I guess, she is waiting for mutual feeling, the day they can both wear rings?
However, the name she bloomed by cloud, by quite dark yandere Dowun, started getting jealous and would like to get rid of bodyguard. I believe that reaching to the highest position and power for whatever for his family is not only the reason. There must be more to stimulate his behavior and that must convince readers to understand him afterward, otherwise, he's just simple villain who is greedy in power that became male lead.

@Minkywinky the title can be interpreted as many things... like for example Hong Lyon name means red lotus, lotus is actually bloomed by sun not cloud, and who's the one that like sun (that gives her warm) to her? i think it might be the bodyguard because he reminds her to be human and the one makes her smile.

and i don't think Dowun is a Yandere type, just a cold and very logical one, he didn't want her to be taken by bodyguard because he can't let him change her mind, he must marry her and have children, with her royal blood, his clan will finally life in luxury, top of status, forever as the ruler, mission accomplished.

Dont wanna get hate but i like dowun, i think theres something deeper he is hiding and he is not an evil ml

@papperless
and i don't think Dowun is a Yandere type, just a cold and very logical one, he didn't want her to be taken by bodyguard because he can't let him change her mind, he must marry her and have children, with her royal blood, his clan will finally life in luxury, top of status, forever as the ruler, mission accomplished.
At first i agree to that he just tried to kill bodyguard for mission because he is cold and logical type and the reason as you said, but when he showed emotion in the scene, i changed my mind. Usually, he made dicision logically without emotion related or hide it completely.

For people who keeps telling Dongwun that he is a shady snake please go and look up Chinese history or some Chinese imperial dramas. You will see that if he is a snake then everyone in the palace would be at least a cockroach or a scorpion 😂

Edit: some actually has the same thing about a lowly female character, becomes someone history can't ignore by reigns terror and become some what of a scheming monster.

Now, chapter 16 destroyed tgis story for me!!! Everything went downhill(for ne atleast).

This is soooooo goood. I can't help but being afraid what Dowuns real agenda is.
Oh well, let's wait and see. Thank you for translating!

Dex-chan lover
People overthinking this. Cold boy is cold so mc treats cold with cold resulting in this awkward relationship between the two. And then here comes warm boy stir things up. Drama ensues.

It's a common story with this type of setting in other media, but the delivery is good. I like how the mc turned out, but pray tell she doesn't go downhill once nice guy bodyguard starts influencing her.

For anyone who read this until the latest chapter, I recommend, The Queen.

No matter where this ship is sailing, I'm totally onboard. Here's to hoping that everyone doesn't die at the end! 😂

Is the title a reference to the main ship? The flower (the princess, color coded pink) that was bloomed by a cloud (the bodyguard, color coded sky blue)?

If the manhwa is faithful to its title, I think there's more behind Do Wun's character than a sly and evil ML. I think something more is happening in him, especially his reactions. I think Hong Lyon's actions are not enough to elicit such reactions from Do Won, if Do Won is not emotionally invested to her Majesty.

Double-page supporter
I can't remember how many times I've jumped ship in this but since 2 chapters ago I've solidly been in the Baek Han ship!!!

Someone give me spoilers ples

Users who are viewing this thread