The Girls Who Traumatized Me Keep Glancing at Me, but Alas, It’s Too Late - Ch. 3 - Outdoor Classes

Dex-chan lover
Its more like its the way B-class/shitty movies, and bad stories work. 99.99% of them wouldn't last for more than a chapter/episode/5 minutes if characters behaved normally, used their brains, talked, stuff happened with accordance to common sense/how world works. So for those shitty stories, you need idiocy, lack of communication, weird misunderstandings, world behaving unnaturally, etc.

Sometimes I wonder if I was twitter brain rot retarded would I have more fun watching/reading stuff, cause all those things wouldn't annoy me?
I'm twitter brain rot retarded but that doesn't stop me from being somewhat annoyed at tropes I've seen countless times

Contributor
The feet gag fell flat for me, because this doesn't seem to be able to decide whether he wants to avoid these girls or not. The dog gag fell flat too. Very conflicting that at first they were presented as antagonists who wronged him, but all of a sudden they're back to romcom love interests. Wasn't he supposed to be avoiding them, why is he all chummy when it's not "black eyes" time?

Am I expected to enjoy the schadenfreude like some revenge manga last chapter or treat this like a regular romcom in this chapter? :thonk:

Suzurikawa continues to reap the consequences of what she did to him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes is the natural order of things. She's also the childhood friend so she's super going to lose if she's a love interest in a romcom and not an antagonist. It's hard to tell which role she's supposed to have.

Anyway, this is more irritating than amusing so far because it feels so wishy-washy and doesn't commit to anything.

I'm just more amazed this has a high score compared to Konbini Goutou when the writing quality doesn't seem very far off. I wonder how ironic those 10s are? Both stories even have these jarring tone shifts.

Dex-chan lover
The feet gag fell flat for me, because this doesn't seem to be able to decide whether he wants to avoid these girls or not. The dog gag fell flat too. Very conflicting that at first they were presented as antagonists who wronged him, but all of a sudden they're back to romcom love interests. Wasn't he supposed to be avoiding them, why is he all chummy when it's not "black eyes" time?

Am I expected to enjoy the schadenfreude like some revenge manga last chapter or treat this like a regular romcom in this chapter? :thonk:

Suzurikawa continues to reap the consequences of what she did to him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes is the natural order of things. She's also the childhood friend so she's super going to lose if she's a love interest in a romcom and not an antagonist. It's hard to tell which role she's supposed to have.

Anyway, this is more irritating than amusing so far because it feels so wishy-washy and doesn't commit to anything.

I'm just more amazed this has a high score compared to Konbini Goutou when the writing quality doesn't seem very far off. I wonder how ironic those 10s are? Both stories even have these jarring tone shifts.
Hey, you were warned on chapter 1. The quality of the story only goes downhill.

I did say this one was a dumpster fire. If you want better written plot then try Four Colour Goddesses (it’s WN only). It’s similar, but the writing quality is much better.

Supporter
All of this could've been resolved in about 2 mins if they just fucking speak what's on they mind

Like bro just say that you still have feelings for her and bitch just tell him that the boyfriend was a lie
She will get to that, and she'll make a huge plan to make sure it doesn't fall. Even if it's a bit of a spectacle instead. And the question of whether or not he still has feelings for her is tied up in the shenanigans his aunt pulled on him many years ago and he'll have to unravel all of that before he can deal with any of what lies beneath.

Users who are viewing this thread