The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Gift

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the altein king will be some sort of end game bad guy? For them to be entirely wiped out of history

Aggregator gang
man-looking-at-phone-smiling-laying-in-bed-with-blanket-meme-03acdfa523abff9398f5b5b8c4f19f08.jpg
Real as shit 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
While what Reid did was lenient, I gotta agree that it was rather fitting given how he still basically saw the kid as, well, just a kid. You throw a kid in juvie at worst, they're still too stupid to understand the gravity of their actions.

Not only that, he disabled the kid's proclaimed source of power (the magic tool) and explained to both the kid and other children in attendance the real depth of what the kid attempted (that dabbling seriously into magic is legitimately risking not just one's own life but also others'). I think he handled it rather well, all things considered.

That said, the kid was a stubborn classist anyway, so per the manga tradition I suppose it's also a setup for a stupid vengeful noble subplot for later on.

Dex-chan lover
I got feeling the gift will be about the magic formula/theory/maths that lets Reid cast spells. Probably just as simple as having a lighter on your finger, but Reid would greatly appreciate it nonetheless. Then even more wholesome moments it gets me diabetes.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez, I thought that "teacher's remorse for having picked a fight with the actual sage" would be peak in this chapter, and then they topped it with the entire cafeteria scene squeee

Dex-chan lover
It's sad that nobody is acknowledging how cool Millis was this chapter. She didn't hesitate to stand up for herself unlike many characters in other manga.

I 100% thought the girl was Rieds follower genderswapped for a moment there until I went to the next page

Users who are viewing this thread