The Hero Who Returned Remains the Strongest in the Modern World - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.2

Dex-chan lover
MC, why you be such a slowpoke in this situation. cannot you deal with it while distracting everyone else or faster that light, using magic or whatever. this situation is going out of hands and would (if the author stays with common sense) pretty much destroy the environment of the class at the very least.

or was author forced by editor to push in some minimalistic fanservice? :eek:

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes, I've read thin book with the same kind of scenario, just without all the superpower.

Now I'm feeling nostalgic, dang

Supporter
Um, ok?

Apparently you won't get continued serialisation if you don't add some gratuitous sexual assault. Hmmm.

I'll see how it goes, not promising that I'll continue with this.

Dex-chan lover
@MonsieurQuack I am also starting to think the readers and the publishers are causing all the problems and stupid manga stories.

Dex-chan lover
your powers getting found out are more important than these poor girls. Mkay MC. I see you

Supporter
@Dagger I quite liked the story concept of this series! Guy comes back with powers from his isekai life and now has to deal with the supernatural side while appearing 'normal'. But... an escaped criminal in school? Really??

I'm ok with stories being fantastical, but stick with a realistic plot line once you've committed to it.

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F He can manipulate memories, sure, but it's really only on the level of lightly obscuring them; like when you try to use those shitty "erasable" ink pens, where if you're lucky, the eraser erases just enough that you can kinda sorta read what was written. Do that to about 20 people and then let them compare their fragmented memories and the truth will come out sooner or later.

More to the point, what nobody seems to be getting is, sure, he could easily splatter this guy across the wall; between heartbeats, even. What then? How do you explain how the violent thug with a gun mysteriously died? We've already established that even if he manipulated the whole class's memories, they'd figure things out, and even if they didn't, they'd all be left with an even more deep-seated trauma than they already are, because seeing a dude's head explode in a shower of chunky salsa ain't good for anyone's psyche, even if they don't clearly remember it.

Also, this dude's an escaped death row inmate with a gun and a finger on the trigger; even if he kills him immediately, there's the chance that constricting nerves could cause the gun to go off, potentially injuring or killing one of his classmates. Dude's been through a war, so I can buy him being cool with some rando's death on his conscience. A classmate, though? Someone he's known and been around for at least a year? Dude wouldn't even kill the bullies that kidnapped him and tried to murder him, so there's no way I can buy him doing anything without a 100% assurance that those around him wouldn't be injured.

It's funny reading all these comments when they'd be petrified themselves if they're found in a similar situation irl. Not everyone can just go be a hero when a system is in place, unless you unnecessarily want to be judged by the system yourself. (Like in MC's case, unless it's inevitable that one of his classmates would about to be actually harmed, I bet he can just flick an eraser or sth and just knock that guy out)

your failure to consider psychological and emotional harm is spectacular. two people that could easily deal with it, with no risk of actual harm to themselves beyond petty inconveniences, do nothing as others are actually tortured in front of them.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius was his memory skill limited like that? coz i just re-read the 1st chapter and he erased everything after he starting taking them out, and they really didnt't remember anything just the fear that it caused and thats only coz the mc wanted it so im guessing he has good control of that skill, im guessing it was better explained in the WN or LN, if thats how it works then its fine, but if it doesnt and he can control memories just fine he could just grab the dude and take him to the rooftop or something, he has superspeed on top of a bunch of other skills so there's no need to kill him that way his classmates wont get traumatized, hell he could go super fast to the guy and just take the gun while hes distracted, hell he could break it, toss it out of the window, etc, there's a lot he can do

Fed-Kun's army
Why? freaking why???

Why you make the MC so powerful and then let him sit doing nothing? He is supposed to be a veteran warrior that defeated a freaking Demon King! He supposedly did all the Hero's journey at this point, so how in heck is this guy still so spineless?

I'm not saying he should go around the world stopping wars or saving countries from famine, but he at least should felt the need to save his classmates from this kind of abuse!

"The Hero who returned..." What freaking hero? he is a useless wimp! stop using the world 'Hero' as a synonymous of a fantasy/game character, they are not the same. There are 2 types of Heroes: Modern Times Heroes and Old Time Heroes. Examples of Modern Times Heroes are characters like Superman or Naruto: people who feel the need to save and protect the world. Examples of Old Times Heroes are people like Heracles or Gilgamesh or even King Arthur, people that became heroes due to they might and willpower, people that did not take sh1t from others and where willing to fight the world to fulfil their wishes and goals.

This MC is anything but that. So far he has not really helped anyone in danger, just punched some idiots and killed a spider because it attacked him first. Now he allow this just because he does not want to gather any attention? Come on!

Edit: Lel Sorry @king (if this nickname exist in this page), trying to censor my own worlds I tagged you by mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why people assume MC won't do anything when the situation will probably get resolved by him in 1-2 chapter.
Twintail will notice him of course, and that's how she will become Miko's rival.

Dex-chan lover
people need to calm down a bit. although MC does being an asshole letting that jerk do as he pleases for few minutes but the scene is still ongoing and we don't know what MC would do on the next (iteration) chapter, maybe on the next page he'll sic the criminal in an instant with ranged magic or something. or another thing would happen.

i'm not making any wild assumption until a whole arc is finished. this is what makes partial chapters annoying, it creates unnecessary drama among readers.

This, this is one of the BIG reasons why Japanese authors are so annoying and a pain in the ass to deal with. They will create god-level characters, just to have them be reclusive losers, be as dense as the gravity from a neutron star, have this retarded thought process that they need to be as inconspicuous as possible, or just pussies.

In this case, he is 100% okay with letting other people be harmed, JUST so he doesn't do something that causes people to look at him in a public light. Yet, all this idiot needs to do is flick a friggin eraser at this guys hands and feet and break them. Who the hell would be looking at the mc flicking something from his fingers that would be borderline supersonic while a guy with a gun is about to rape a girl.

Hell, let's not forget about the fact he even has an ability that, while it may not completely erase others memories, it would absolutely be enough to make them not remember it clearly. So he could easily do something hidden in the crowd and NO ONE would ever know.

I'm not even mad that it is attempted rape, all of us here know it would never actually happen. It's the ridiculous circumstances this bullshit author tried to create for no other reason than to create a bogus dramatic situation AND on top of that, have an mc not want to easily solve the situation because he is AFRAID of being noticed.

It's like having a maxed out character from the beginning of the game and still running away when you see an enemy.

Edit: Even though other people have pointed it out, he may yet do something, but it's still ridiculous. I absolutely agree, that because of the partial chapters, this does create unnecessary drama because he probably WILL do something and we just haven't seen it yet. It's the notion that he didn't even THINK of doing something because he didn't want to be noticed is one of the biggest reasons why so many people have an absurdly low opinion of this character, and it's justified. There is no legitimate reason to not do so

Users who are viewing this thread