The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 51 - Ernst Adelbide's Reminiscence (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Just as a note, Count Ulster's name is written as "シモン" (shi-mo-n) and Deborah's husband's is written as "サイモン" (sa-i-mo-n)

but yeah they're both named Simon. I guess!!!!!
it's kinda funny how japanese version of the names make it easier to know which one is which because english spelling is Like That

Dex-chan lover
There's one big mistake they both did here: They didn't trust Scarlet and thought she would be a puppet just like that. That was their biggest mistake.
Some one as strong as her would've never become a puppet, if anything, she would be a pain in the ass for Faris

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
There's one big mistake they both did here: They didn't trust Scarlet and thought she would be a puppet just like that. That was their biggest mistake.
Some one as strong as here would've never become a puppet, if anything, she would be a pain in the ass for Faris
It doesn't matter if they trusted her or not, she would be used as symbol of old Faris to rally behind regardless of her opinions. Also at that moment in time, it was more important for Duran to survive, to prevent immediate threat of war (which we know they only managed because of Scarlet's execution).

Really the whole ploy of Scarlet's execution was to in one fell swoop both prevent the immediate threat of war, remove the figurehead that Faris would rally against, and force Daegaz to change all their plans (since they needed Scarlet to be alive). But unfortunately, it was at the cost of Scarlet's life.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update!! I'm a bit lost in all of these names, not gonna lie. Really have to re-read and recheck things lol.
Hoo boy, the thick layers of conspiracy!! And they were too late to find out...we know some things and the painful outcome already but reading this amazing chapter still made me go: :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
I think the moment Hugh Notre(which apparently wasn't somebody who would do that) was accused of embezzlement(which would kick him out of his high position and prospects) by another noble(who would succeed him), they should have noticed it stank something fierce.
It doesn't matter that he was the nobility equivalent of a wet blanket: he was married to the only heir of a duke and is implied she married him just to inherit the title and because he was going to be henpecked AF. And that's a huge red flag on the side of Deborah.

Dex-chan lover
what a sh*tty situation. I feel really bad on Scarlet and Lily now. It is like there are several pairs that worked for same goal to unravel Faris' scheme but on different era and didn't connect to each other. Scarlet and Lily got the worst outcome out of everyone.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't matter if they trusted her or not, she would be used as symbol of old Faris to rally behind regardless of her opinions. Also at that moment in time, it was more important for Duran to survive, to prevent immediate threat of war (which we know they only managed because of Scarlet's execution).

Really the whole ploy of Scarlet's execution was to in one fell swoop both prevent the immediate threat of war, remove the figurehead that Faris would rally against, and force Daegaz to change all their plans (since they needed Scarlet to be alive). But unfortunately, it was at the cost of Scarlet's life.

It was still a bad idea, because now Deagaz controls the prince himself thanks to Cecilia. I feel it would have been better to let Scarlet survive and use whatever role she would end up playing in Deagaz's scheme to get back at Deagaz. Now I feel Deagaz is way stronger than it was back then. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlet was just a decoy to hide Deagaz's real plan which was to plant Cecilia into the royal family. Now that they succeeded, I don't see how they can be stopped.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm senile. I'm getting confused by the introduction of a POOL of characters 😵‍💫

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if this will reach Kusuriya levels of popularity when it gets animated, but it will for sure be more appreciated by the general public.

It has everything: sexy women, sexy older women, sexy men, sexy older men, great plotwists and top notch art.

Thanks for translating as always!

Dex-chan lover
It was still a bad idea, because now Deagaz controls the prince itself thanks to Cecilia. I feel it would have been better to let Scarlet survive and use whatever role she would end up playing in Deagaz's scheme to get back at Deagaz. Now I feel Deagaz is way stronger than it was back then. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlet was just a decoy to hide Deagaz's real plan which was to plant Cecilia into the royal family. Now that they succeeded, I don't see how they can be stopped.

I agree with 1idd0kun, why could they not save Duran in other way? He's the fucking king, if they could make bet on Scarlet's execution being enough to save Duran merely through change of public perception of death penalty, it means they could easily create popular movement to spare him as a former war hero, and then king would just save him in a show of royal grace. They're just useless at politics. And of course their dumb plan let Faris agent marry the crown prince and help create second casus belli by kidnapping the Faris prince. And they didn't even stop the drug infestation.

And why couldn't they find another way to remove Scarlet as Faris' banner? Historically it's really hard to use someone as your banner when that person is not already under your control and has every reason to oppose you. Also missing is the possibility that Faris could use Scarlet's execution as reason to invade anyway, by blaming them for falsely executing scion of Faris royalty in a bloody show that even shocked her own countrymen enough to spare Duran. Makes more sense than invading them when Scarlet can oppose their plans.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if this will reach Kusuriya levels of popularity when it gets animated, but it will for sure be more appreciated by the general public.

It has everything: sexy women, sexy older women, sexy men, sexy older men, great plotwists and top notch art.

Thanks for translating as always!
I don't think this one will ever get an anime. The novel only has four volumes and the third one basically finishes the story. The 4th one, for all intent and purposes, is just a side story. Beyond that, as much as it pains me to say so, this series is not really that popular in Japan.

And why couldn't they find another way to remove Scarlet as Faris' banner? Historically it's really hard to use someone as your banner when that person is not already under your control and has every reason to oppose you.
The plan was to use Scarlet's ridiculous amounts of royal bloodlines. Her ideas, person or wants didn't matter. You destroy the country with the totally legit casus belli you created, secure her and then marry her off to one of your crown princes. With that, you get all the shit her bloodlines gives her and quell any sentiment in Adelbide itself, after all the new empress is from there.
About Scarlet herself, there are methods to keep her in-line. She has a really weird reaction to Jackal's Paradise, and I wouldn't put it past Faris to just drug her into oblivion regardless of how much it would hurt her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread