The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 52 - Ernst Adelbide's Reminiscence (Part 3)

Dex-chan lover
Well plotted, they were truly backed into a corner there, and refreshingly they actually recognize that they screwed this up badly to end up in such a position at all. All the choices by that point were bad, but some of the many various lines of prep left them with a few remaining cards to play and they did it. On one level can be mad at them for taking it easy, though at the same time have to keep perspective and remember that their side are the victims here, they aren't the ones sabotaging and seeking to invade and conquer another independent peaceful country. And this is also supposed to be some of the theoretical tradeoff of leadership that so rarely gets displayed IRL: lots of powers, wealth and privileges, but also ultimate responsibility to put the country first and do their utmost for it in the end. Can't be denied they sure paid a price for their mistakes.

So there's even more revenge going on in this story then we'd already seen! Now to see what they've been up to all this time on their side after swearing their own vengeance, and what Scarlet and the others will make of it all.

Dex-chan lover
THIS HURTS 😭😭😭😭 ALL THIS TIME SCARLETT'S DEATH WEIGHS ON THE MINDS OF HER LOVED ONES. Her father and the King who had to sacrifice her begging god for forgiveness all the while, her brother who named his daughter after her, her friends that didn't stop thinking about her until the very end... AMAZING BUILD UP IM SOBBING

Dex-chan lover
THIS HURTS 😭😭😭😭 ALL THIS TIME SCARLETT'S DEATH WEIGHS ON THE MINDS OF HER LOVED ONES. Her father and the King who had to sacrifice her begging god for forgiveness all the while, her brother who named his daughter after her, her friends that didn't stop thinking about her until the very end... AMAZING BUILD UP IM SOBBING
Still hope they die miserably though.

Fed-Kun's army
this felt earned compared to every other story and i hate how i can see that it was it hurts so much reading this chapter

Dex-chan lover
btw it's the gathering of violets, no? not violent. nice chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
Ermm... i need to reorganize my memory. So the king chose to sacrifice scarlet to save the border. But why is lily seems like the one who dealt the most damage to faris, said by the princess. Or i am just mistaking it that what she meant actually was scarlet, not lily

Group Leader
God dang. That really adds a LOT of context to the king’s reaction when Scarlet spoke to him through Constance. I really couldn’t read his emotion then but looking back, it was definitely guilt.

heres hoping scarlet reveals herself to both those guys. That’d be fun

Dex-chan lover
the harsh reality of being a leader. tbf he is quite lenient compared to historical figures 🤷‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
The best part of this mess is how utterly powerless they were. The most powerful duchal house and the Royal family were backed into a corner just because of complacency. And, if you think about it, why would they even think of Faris having the power to attack them? Faris, a country too busy gnawing the corpse of its old glory. Why would Adelbide, a far more wealthy country, even bother thinking about Faris after their aggreatments? They were drunk on their country success, and never stopped to consider how their neighbors or Faris was seeing them.

In a sense it's a repeat of what happened to Lily years later. Smart, beloved, beautiful, rich, untouchable... And then she was backed into a corner even before she could learn anything that could protect her life.

Honestly, I would break on either of their places. I wouldn't be able to give that order or making that sacrifice.

Users who are viewing this thread