The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party

Double-page supporter
Im in it to see him rekt his old party and fuck vampire bitches... hell yeah.

"Wtf is wrong with these names? Like, a title SHOULD not be a description! Holy shit I know that LN, manga and anime are already shit and too long, but this one takes the cake. The name is so fucking long that it takes 2 lines to write it. It really looks like they are trying to pad and reach a word count, this shit is actually ridiculous. Looks like that meme that the explanation gets worse and more wordy in each panel, you know what? I can do better, eat this: "Welcome to the Impregnable Demon King Castle ~The sort of actually for all intents and purposes sort of fairly Black Mage Who kind of mostly literally kind of mostly basically Got really really for all intents and purposes really for all intents and purposes kind of Kicked Out of the Hero Party basically generally really fairly basically sort of Due to His Unnecessary Debuffs Gets literally essentially for all intents and purposes literally for the most part actually Welcomed by the very generally for all intents and purposes sort of fairly sort of Top Brass of the Demon King''s Army~ in a definitely basically particularly generally fairly particularly big way in a very for all intents and purposes particularly fairly for all intents and purposes major way, or so they specifically thought, which really kind of definitely is fairly significant, for all intents and purposes contrary to popular belief.""

- Sun Tsun, Art of Tsundere

First chapter and it introduces how the battles will have literally no consequences..........................................

Double-page supporter
I've seen literally this exact same premise in dozens of other series. I'm so fucking tired of ln adaptations that take place in generic fantasy world with video game logic. And of course the mc's all look the damn same and get abandoned/betrayed by their former allies so all the real life losers reading can project onto them and pretend their social isolation isn't their own fault.

Why are so many authors content to just regurgitate the same shit over and over? They don't even try to come up with something original, they just shuffle the tropes around and change the names. How can they possibly be satisfied with that? And why are so many readers willing to gobble it up? So much of manga these days is devoted purely to recycled wish-fulfillment with no ambition at all. Reading this is a waste of your life and writing it was a waste of the author's.

@turkeyjerkey , i mean like its basically what isekai genre is nowadays, there is nothing more to it, are you expecting more in this genre ? i mean like u can avoid this genre since there is many of this like just what you said and easily known by mostly title or description.

i prefer to just read it and see where it goes without expecting something differ from other manga with the same genre...

also your comment "Reading this is a waste of your life and writing it was a waste of the author's" , well i mean like... about wasting reader time/life its clearly not waste of time imo like i said i wasnt expecting more from the same genre like this, and also if the author waste her/his time why he/she wouldnt be dropping this ? this is her/his webnovel adaptation and he make it her/himself and obviously he/she haven't stop this manga serialization...

well im sorry for judging your comment, and suit yourself.

Pun

vamp girl is poggers. hopefully rest of series is good

Double-page supporter
@Leechy
Problem with the isekai "genre" is the lack of variety. If something falls under the comedy genre, that could cover a massive range of potential stories, but the concept of isekai is much more narrow. Still, there's quite a wide range of stories that could be told under the constraints of isekai, but authors aren't telling them. Instead they choose to just rewrite the same stuff over and over. Same characters, same plot points, same world, yadda yadda. They don't have any creativity, imagination, or ambition. They have no reason to exist. Not only is it just recycling the same story again and again, but it wasn't a very good story to begin with. Most isekai have no themes, nothing they're trying to convey. It's just empty wish-fulfillment. Reading a standard isekai is like eating popcorn you've already chewed up and spat out. It has no "nutritional" value.

I called it a waste of the author's life because they could have been using that time to create something new and ambitious. But instead they chose to make this, either as a cash grab, or because they genuinely couldn't do any better.

I called it a waste of your life because you could have spent the time reading something more challenging. Something that you could wrestle with, something that would leave an impact on you. Something with meaning and emotion and soul. This series is so similar to the rest It's just going to go in one ear and out the other, and in a few years you'll have forgotten about it entirely. The more good manga you read, the more series like this will annoy you.

I am only posting this cause I'm finally fed up with this, which sucks cause I was enjoying this too, but...screw beta MC's!!!!! She meant exactly what she said, stop being so fucking beta!!! I hate that word but that is EXACTLY what is happening here!

Users who are viewing this thread