The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party

It sounds like most black mages aren't very powerful, as in the effects they can place on the enemy are very minor. MC-kun is the exception, having been trained by a Demon King, and can place exceptionally powerful effects on his opponents.

Really, what he should have done was challenged his party to reclear a floor without him, 4 manning it. If he was truly a burden, they would have an easier time. If he was neither burden nor boon, they wouldn't notice a difference, and if he was helpful, they would have a harder time of it. With that evidence in tow, the Warrior would have no choice but to back down. But MC-kun gotta have imposter syndrome or there'd be no story.

Fed-Kun's army
It's not that wierd that the Heros party and apparently the people in general think that a CC class is not strong, just look at Warframe: CC is useless if you kill everything in one hit

Wait so I’m kinda confused, if the whole adventurers versus monsters thing is all for entertainment then why would he need to hide his identity once he joined the monsters? He didn’t need to hide his identity back when he was an adventurer, that’d be like having to wear a disguise while playing for the Lakers but not if you’re on the Celtics. I don’t get it lol

@mothproofacorn It's already explained in chapter 5. This entertainment is more like battle of flag in the hill, with one team cannot move, rather than 2 equal teams. The entertainment itself is by defeating all team in said hill. So, while it's true that no one died, results of these adventures will result in prejudice for participants involved.

Aggregator gang
I think people are slightly missing the point. The dungeoning is as much a spectator sport as it is the usual dungeon clearing, and as a result MC doesn’t get appreciated. His actual strength isn’t the issue. It’s like public perception of Jigglypuff in competitive Smash Bros Melee.

@kronos00 An example of why authors should follow "Show, don't tell." Could of easily had a few pages in there while MC was roaming around as a bum showing the discrimination happening which would make it feel more like some genuine world building instead of just a contrived reason to delay the public's recognition of the MC.

Double-page supporter
@lord_sammael
The people of this series' world aren't stupid. They don't even exist. The author just wrote them to act irrationally so people self-inserting as the mc can feel that their own rejection by their peers is unjustified and get a sense of petty righteous indignation.

@kimagure
Saying we should let isekais off for being generic and repetitive just because romantic comedies can also be generic and bland is like saying a murderer shouldn't go to jail because other people have also committed murder in the past. If anything the pro sports angle just pile drives the tension into a shallow grave.

If you can have fun with this despite its generic nature, then I actually encourage you to. Don't let me dissuade you. Being too generic or derivative isn't actually a problem until you've read so many things like it you just can't stand it any more. Kinda like finding a song you like and listening to it over and over until you're sick of it. Read it while you can, because eventually you will also tire of it and the scope of what you can still enjoy will narrow, but you'll appreciate what's left.

Contributor
I feel like it... keeps coming very close to being something wholesome and heartwarming, and then diving off into the dregs of the 'ol gutter.

If it nixed the lolicon jokes, and maybe was, I dunno—a little less weird sometimes about having cute girls pet the protagonist's ego really overtly in an awkward way, that sort of thing—this could have been pretty decent. But the decent skill the author seems to show occasionally in portraying basic human interactions in a sincere and touching way, seems to degrade quickly the closer anyone is brought into the protagonist's orbit, where everyone apparently deteriorates into dumb harem manga and/or blatant ego-stoking roles.

It's a shame.

I really like how they give a reason why rebuff magic is considered useless. Normally when people are kicked out it’s like “oh your healing magic is dumb- we could just kill it first hardeehar”

The synopsis is so long, it basically gave spoiler to us reader (lol)

@kronos00 ah I see, so ig because most everyone is rooting for one side it leads to animosity towards the other. It seems like there are a lot more humans than Demi humans too (at least from the ratio of them in the background characters). Also, I just thought of this now but I guess because it’s technically a competition between races it’d make sense that the post game fights and stuff would be a bit more intense than the ones we see here after soccer games or whatever.

2 months and a chapter about recruiting a little girl to be an army general's secretary. Fuck this manga's author. Who needs world building or set pieces anyway?

48 pages of, "Idk ;). Should be hire this little girl cuz the MC thinks she's cute? We'll have to ask her mom." Get fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread