The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 22

I swear. I hate men who think the female needs saving when they don’t ask for it. Like nigga. If anything, she’s gonna save your ass when you’re in trouble. You obviously know she’s strong, why are you underestimating her. Ew. God complex.

Thank you scanlation team! ❤️

Brah get your princely behavior outta here. She is no damsel in distress. ALSO YOU JUST GOT FRIENDZONED!!

“I can surely save you from it” says the guy that gets beaten in a swordfight like.... every time.

At least our FL isn’t like dense af and realizes/suspects that he likes her

I mean he went as far to go for her just because she has been forced to marry a "beast". That can't be a simple rescue because they are only friends.

Honestly really cute that he wanted to help her, but I'm afraid that doggo will pobably win in the end T^T

Sorry bruh, have you seen the dog? It’s freaking cute 😍 You don’t stand a chance.

Dog > boy
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Bestfriend ? awww she aint showing much of her emotions but she cares a lot about those who liked her.

man, his feelings of wanting to save her come from a good place and I can understand to a certain extent, but the thing that bug me the most is does he have such little faith in Astina even after she sent the letter to her sister and even after seeing her well and alive? He knows she's stronger and so much more brilliant than him (one of the reason why he likes her so much, I infer) and yet it's like he forgets all that. It comes off as demeaning to be all "here I am, I'll solve all your problem no matter what! You can handle it? Nah, I'll do it for you." It would've been better if he said he believed in her, and would be there for her if need be (considering his rank and skills). Then again, he seems to be the second male lead, so it might explain why he's like that. I dunno (gee, I'm thinking about this way more than I should hahaha)

Double-page supporter
@Nahahel I think his anxiety and fear are playing a huge part in it. In his eyes it doesn't matter how good she is, she ended up marrying a nondescript monster who has supposedly killed several people already and fears that even if she knows how to handle herself in a fight she might still die, or at least receive severe injuries(he loves her so much he doesn't want her to receive a single scratch, so that thought alone terrifies him). At the very least, he probably figured she'd be able to last for a while, long enough for him to get there to act as her backup(Two swords are better than one, right?). In truth, however, he's never actually seen her fight in a life or death situation, so he doesn't know just how capable she truly is. They've sparred before, sure, but she hasn't truly gone all out before. Furthermore, while she's shown she is better than him he assumes that he is almost at her level(since I believe she had instructed him during their times together) and thus at the very least he can watch her back while they escape together, both of them with swords in hand or something.

Ultimately, though, it's as she says. He's a mere Baronet and thus can't help her politically, which is the whole reason her family is in this situation. She also hasn't properly voiced her opinions on the matter, such that it was actually a favorable situation for her. What she needs to do(although it shouldn't be necessary to begin with) is show him how much control she already has over the household and the duke himself.

You thought I was forcibly married to a beast? The beast was forcibly married to me!

Users who are viewing this thread