The Lady's Law of Survival

The heck was those postures!?..🤣🤣..too much for being a sword master ..hahahaha

Thank you for the hard work 'till now spring pallette and speedcat ☺☺

Thank u spring pallette nd speedcat!! I hope someone soon will continue this if the second season comes up.

This feels like a pretty conclusive ending like idk where they’re gonna go from here the art is too wack and it god super boring like 10 chapters in

Gotta say the fatphobic trend in isekai is a real doozy. Like I guess that the weight is an actual plot point is a lot better than the one where the MC is fat for a minute and then she does mana training and it literally melts off of her? And literally called "impurities" or something? Wack. girl you're stick thin your mana got rid of all your skin basically. The anime girl version of those super jacked body builders who're just extremely dehydrated at all times.

Below cut: Spoilers and mentions of eating disorders / general misogyny
But seriously, that the fatness is actually treated as a plot point instead of just a "gasp! anyway training montage" (though it is also still basically just that), but that it's done so poorly? And also that even though the MC gets to be fat for more than a single chapter, the artist just. Draws fat people so offensively? Genuinely so much could be said on this but one thing that struck me is just, her facial proportions? Like dude, fatness doesn't make your eyes spread further apart on your face like a goldfish.

Also the revelation / plot point that you find out that it's the shitty fake friend that's the one that "pushed" her into "obesity" or whatever, like there are so many ways that could've been framed differently? Like the fact that MC is the adopted daughter, and thus was a commoner orphan before then and probably suffered childhood food insecurity. Like ofc that would affect a child! She basically got baited into having an eating disorder. TBH the plot point of mean girl's jealousy at MC being too popular, but somehow mean girl became her first and then only friend? How'd that happen, maybe the adoption thing had something to do with it? Too bad this was not seen as a relevant point for the author to expand upon.

Also the fact that she was only given basic humanity by the general populace after she thus fit the societally acceptable standard of beauty, that she was only given attention and sympathy post-factum. Like! If you're going to include something like this, address it! It's not just enough that you vaguely cover the misogynist ways that that's bullshit, re: fiance being a shallow turncoat cheat. Like misogyny was vaguely covered in the resolution between the antagonist's love story and the way mean girl got manipulated and then her revenge (ish) on the guy who thought she was expendable. But! Really nothing about the fatphobia. Like I get isekai are basically the epitome of the #GirlBoss genre in that they're like yes this main character will cater to the male gaze while managing to use it to her advantage but also while never subverting it in any actually meaningful way. That's feminism babe! I get isekai as a genre is all about escapism and the dream of managing to get the upper hand against incredibly harmful pervasive societal pressures, but has anyone in the genre actually confronted any of them in a way that wasn't just as shallow and performative and within said overwhelming boundaries?

IDK perhaps that's illustrative of the tone of isekai as an inherently defeatist genre, but especially the girl-demographic fantasy upperclass western part of the genre- world is fuck so let's go to a world that is in large ways kind of almost worst? But hey there's magic and monarchy is a thing so you can just dictator your way into societal change rather than wade through complex globalized political processes that are made intentionally fragmented and obfuscating, which itself works as barrier to prevent the average citizen from being informed!

Well this rambled and got nowhere, anyway! On that note and in other news, other things that suck and there should be less of include the rampant racism, the deluge of step-sibling "but it's not Actually incest" incest, wack age gaps, and general condoning / stanning of abusive at worst but condescending at best Boring male leads.

The art looked so familiar, I had a feeling it was the same artist as "Miss Not-So Sidekick"!! Those eyes are so distinctively drawn.

Thank you for translating this up until now and providing incredible quality scans. Even if it doesn't get picked up, the end of season 1 is a great stopping point.

AYO!!!???? WHAT IS SEBASTION FROM BLACK BUTLER AND KURAPIKA FROM HXH DOIN' HERE!?!?!?

This is absurdly cheesy, corny and cliche. Nice read.

@Vmal

Should save your rant energy for better genres. Most isekai is built entirely on and around power/romance fantasy, its not gonna win any prizes or make interesting social commentary when the genre and is structured around emotionally fellating the reader, that's just whats expected of it. That all manga/manhwa/manhua is so trope heavy doesn't help either. Maybe a reflection of how conservative the societies are?
Not that i think we should normalize obesity or even overweight, speaking as a former one myself, but Korea has a... unhealthy attitude to beauty.

Btw, I understand that she's fat, but why is she so small?? She's so tall in the cover so what the heck ??? Does being skinny get you to be taller lmao ? She's smaller then a child, are y'all for real ? Since she's so tall she shouldn't look this far either even if she's overweight, yes fat and tall people do exist as well, like wtf ?? Yeah, I didn't like this, and why is she so red ?? She doesn't even know them so she shouldn't be getting flustered because of it.
might just be a matter of perspective. if you look at the first scene with the maid you see that she is already pretty tall in her fat form. But even skinny she is significantly smaller than the guys as seen during the ball chapter. ... the flustered thing is probably just a trope, seen it everywhere in these kind of stories.

bruh she must be stupid bc i know its the guy she met the swordmaster for real tho the black hair the eyes his voice mmmm he seems familiar only one person has those characteristics mmm I wonder who
hey, people accepted Superman disguising himself with glasses, so ...

Users who are viewing this thread