The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 6 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
Right biting your lip and kissing somebody is definitely the most effective way to feed them large quantities of blood
Pointless yuri bait but ok
Mouth to mouth feeding is very effective ask any medical practitioner who had to deal with someone being unable to chew or swallow their own food. Like say someone who had their organs ripped out.
Ah yes, a blood kiss to save the vampire. A classic excuse for justifying make out sessions in the middle of a dramatic scene. Just some good ol' Mana Transfer.
Read the above. fan service or not it's reasonable.
Committing a terrorist act -- to try to "solve" a problem, by attempting to invoke retaliation -- is an idiotic idea.

Prince should be drawn and quartered for high treason, murder attempt on royal, murder attempt on noble.

But nope. "It's so complicated? He had a good reason?" Fans of Al's melodrama need to step back and look at it objectively.
Your the one lacking objectivity here. They laid out more or less the whole thing for you. When she gave up the throne she effectively garenteed that the kingdom would be supported by a two puppet rulers (Al and Euphy both being trapped by Politics) Eupy would be more or less be forced out of practicing magic as she would have "royal duties" to attend to and both would have to deal with religious zelots and assholes who run the kingdom (and unless you slept through the story you know how bad that would be)

Ill give you that Al's plan is a bad one in the sense that dying to fix things kill your sibling ripping out someones heart and eating it would always be a bad plan even if it produced results.

Dex-chan lover
:smugnako: she will be craving for more kiss later on. Girl ain't getting a better meal than this in her life nor death.

Double-page supporter
I wish the anime came out after this arc was finished in the manga. It's so much better here. I liked the anime but the manga is making me question how much.
I never finished the anime (I got around 3 episodes in before my ever-shortening attention span made me call it quits) and, based on what everyone who did is saying, that's probably for the best.

Dex-chan lover
Al is based and you're all too blinded by yuri to see it

This is actually why I had to stop participating in comments when I read manga on the Dynasty Scans site. People are so single-mindedly focused and thirsty for the yuri in any given story, literally anything that deviates even momentarily, or a guy gets just a little "too much" screen time, the flood gates open.

Fed-Kun's army
Let's fucking GOOOO Ilya with the save! (And the kiss of yurification)

But what was Al's plan... with that smug ass smile he wore, did he WANT to lose or maybe even die? Man, this guy's fucking crazy

Dex-chan lover
I take issue with condoning this sort of behavior, even in fiction.
Because that's exactly along those lines crazies like Buffalo/Chirstchurch you-know-what did and argued for.
Suicidal self-destructive "Code Geass" Xanatos Gambits are chuuni, and lose luster the moment life imitates art.

I prefer my fiction to at least be grounded in reality. No "nakamah powah" moments.

But that's personal taste in worldbuilding. Author constraining their own actions and characters.
Without that, it's equally as likely a Mary Sue magical tool wand is waved and in-universe world peace is achieved.
And such endings/resolutions are equally upsetting to readers for obvious reasons.

In this case -- even if the prince succeeds -- he completely hobbles and chops the leg off royal authority for generations.
Ruining any prospects for his sister to be taken seriously as a ruler. Viewed instead as figurehead survivor of blood-stained legacy.

(Attempted) Coups don't catapult governments into success.
They weaken them and make them easy prey to corruption and outside influence.
Alright, your comment had me going back and forth because some parts were reasonable, and some parts were flat out wrong.

No, this shares very little similarity with anything in those mass shootings, beyond the perpetrators being mentally unstable and assumed they would die at the end (and it seems like the shooters weren't nearly as committed as Al in that part). The idiotic shooters had no clear plan beyond a vague "kill people and hope that inspires copycats". Al had very specific causes and effects that he put into action, had a potential body count of less than or equal to 1 vampire, and was hoping to inspire people not to be like him in any way.

Agreed, pulling a Lelouch is bad and cringe. It's why I prefer it when stories interrupt such suicidal attempts and call out the attempter on their bullshit.

Yeah, that's personal taste so not much we can do besides agree to disagree there.

Agreed, I've seen too many movies ruined because someone felt that everyone deserved a happy ending even if it gave the audience whiplash.

Disagreed. One thing that's typical with this kind of setting in fiction is the power being split between a royal faction and a noble faction. Every action Al has taken has cemented him in the noble faction, at least visibly. Even more so when you remember that the king condemned his actions and it was an open secret that he was looking to restore Anise to her position as heir to the throne. Al is setting the stage for her to be a hero, not a tyrant.

Mixed agreement. That is generally true and I'd like to see that come up in future arcs, but the nobles are the ones being crippled, not the royals, who have the stronger central authority. How much the coup will shake up the country is anyone's guess, but I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as you're implying.

Group Leader
Al is based and you're all too blinded by yuri to see it
Sure, he might be based but his actions are unnecessarily cruel and in the end, he gave himself in and let Anis kill him (only to have Euphie save the day).

That, in my opinion, takes away all of the “based” aspects that Al had.

Dex-chan lover
Right biting your lip and kissing somebody is definitely the most effective way to feed them large quantities of blood
Pointless yuri bait but ok
You just did not use the term "yuribait" in this manga, did you? This manga is explicitly yuri, far from yuribait. Or do you not even know what yuribait is?

Dex-chan lover
Finally, some action!

Also, the fight happened and meh
Al-kun already shit the bed, so I really don't care about him surviving anything, but I guess "crippled and apologetic" is a look for him.

Also, MoM Chartreuse and his son Iggy Koopa can just get cursed for eternity, and I hope Tilty pegs them with her dark magic heels, cos they lil bitches and need to be fired with extreme prejudice

And then girls smooching agin pls

Dex-chan lover
His plans and methods were absolutely idiotic and pointlessly cruel, smdh.
Originally, before getting revealed as "evil mastermind" he could use her vampiric charm to make his plan in motion, it would end with him puppeteering behind the scenes and Euphyllia wouldn't be involved in politics since she wouldn't sit on the throne beside him, which would hinder her growth as they planned to use her as just a poster girl.
But sister revealed that instead making it a private matter and, here we are...

Dex-chan lover
You just did not use the term "yuribait" in this manga, did you? This manga is explicitly yuri, far from yuribait. Or do you not even know what yuribait is?
These two characters that are very much not homosexual kissing for no other reason but the readers enjoyment is very much the essence of yuri bait
Yeah maybe the MC is gay who knows shes just a shitty neptune clone meme character with no personality outside of "me quirky magic lover me do morally right thing".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Originally, before getting revealed as "evil mastermind" he could use her vampiric charm to make his plan in motion, it would end with him puppeteering behind the scenes and Euphyllia wouldn't be involved in politics since she wouldn't sit on the throne beside him, which would hinder her growth as they planned to use her as just a poster girl.
But sister revealed that instead making it a private matter and, here we are...

There are SO MANY other things he could've done, but he didn't, did he? He's a bloody idiot. Other workable methods and actual plans: (not lol me luv sister so much me never talk to her again and try to get her to kill me or do an em derp uprising for no reason)

Just off the top of my head, here's a few things Al could have done:
A) Taken the throne and brutally crushed anyone who opposed his reform ideas. There are several ways to accomplish this as a monarch. What do writers think a monarchy is, anyway? As king, you rule. Make an example out of anyone who opposes you. Use political marriages, take hostages, play the damn Game of Thrones for god's sake. Ironically, if he had been more of a bastard, he could have been much more effective.
B) Actually talked with his sister about his concerns. Which he did not do and did not even seem remotely interested in doing. Oh no, he's just a massive ball of insecurity, inferiority complex, and ego. They could have worked together, but no, they don't understand each other and don't talk to each other.
C) Instead of throwing away Euphyllia he could have used her to get the nobles on his side in a much more natural and less 'magical brainwashing/dangerously unpredictable experimental' way. Once he has sufficient backing he could introduce reforms gradually.

But no, he's stupid, shortsighted, and so wrapped up in his own insecurities and inferiority complex that he can't accomplish anything he sets out to do. The worst thing about Al isn't that he's a jerk or a bad guy or anything like that, it's that he's bloody incompetent. He doesn't deserve the throne and would've honestly been better off if he ran away or something. Hell, he would've been a better villain if he actually hated his sister, but no. We get...this.

So, maybe it's bad writing or maybe it's just the need for an antagonist and he drew the short straw and they made it stick (which is also bad writing, now that I think about it) but whatever it is, folks unironically cheering for him and calling him 'based' just have a complete lack of understanding of how any of this works, and are just latching onto the only male character with any real presence in the series.

Dex-chan lover
These two characters that are very much not homosexual kissing for no other reason but the readers enjoyment is very much the essence of yuri bait
Yeah maybe the MC is gay who knows shes just a shitty neptune clone meme character with no personality outside of "me quirky magic lover me do morally right thing".
Yeah, you don't know what is yuribait. You're a fucking dumbass!

Dex-chan lover
There are SO MANY other things he could've done, but he didn't, did he? He's a bloody idiot. Other workable methods and actual plans: (not lol me luv sister so much me never talk to her again and try to get her to kill me or do an em derp uprising for no reason)

Just off the top of my head, here's a few things Al could have done:
A) Taken the throne and brutally crushed anyone who opposed his reform ideas. There are several ways to accomplish this as a monarch. What do writers think a monarchy is, anyway? As king, you rule. Make an example out of anyone who opposes you. Use political marriages, take hostages, play the damn Game of Thrones for god's sake. Ironically, if he had been more of a bastard, he could have been much more effective.
B) Actually talked with his sister about his concerns. Which he did not do and did not even seem remotely interested in doing. Oh no, he's just a massive ball of insecurity, inferiority complex, and ego. They could have worked together, but no, they don't understand each other and don't talk to each other.
C) Instead of throwing away Euphyllia he could have used her to get the nobles on his side in a much more natural and less 'magical brainwashing/dangerously unpredictable experimental' way. Once he has sufficient backing he could introduce reforms gradually.

But no, he's stupid, shortsighted, and so wrapped up in his own insecurities and inferiority complex that he can't accomplish anything he sets out to do. The worst thing about Al isn't that he's a jerk or a bad guy or anything like that, it's that he's bloody incompetent. He doesn't deserve the throne and would've honestly been better off if he ran away or something. Hell, he would've been a better villain if he actually hated his sister, but no. We get...this.

So, maybe it's bad writing or maybe it's just the need for an antagonist and he drew the short straw and they made it stick (which is also bad writing, now that I think about it) but whatever it is, folks unironically cheering for him and calling him 'based' just have a complete lack of understanding of how any of this works, and are just latching onto the only male character with any real presence in the series.
A) It's established that nobles technically rule, not the royalty.

B) That would be said for both sides, her resignation from the throne and magic craft seemed as something extravagant quirk of a family black sheep.

C) Euphyllia was a poster girl for The Spiritual side of the nobility, sure she had powers and all but she wouldn't actually make an impact and by joining the throne line, even worse. It might be of a surprise, but religion of any kind does rule over any throne.
You would be very sneaky to pull shit off to benefit royal house, like Christianity did during Roman empire by assimilation of customs in order to not cause a revolt.

Run away from the throne? Seriously? How that would work?

Incompetentcy runs in the family because so far, sis didn't make contact with her rushed decisions without contacting Al a part the fight we witnessed.

Dex-chan lover
Incompetentcy runs in the family because so far, sis didn't make contact with her rushed decisions without contacting Al a part the fight we witnessed.
Slightly oddly phrased, but this we can agree on. As a princess and a royal/noble, Anis is terribly incompetent. However, I would make the point that she's an extremely competent adventurer and inventor.

What, exactly, was Al good at? His poorly thought out rebellion has failed (to say nothing of the fact of the stupidity of fomenting a rebellion against your own kingdom when you are going to be in charge of it if you just wait) we hear nothing of his abilities as a warrior or monster hunter, and his faction seems to be comprised of a very small number of people, so he's not great at political maneuvering and gathering allies.

This is why I said he would be better off if he ran away. He's way out of his depth in all categories except wanting to clutch his sister's skirts.

Users who are viewing this thread