The Misfit of Demon King Academy

@MoonLightXC
WhyNotBoth?.gif

So far, it looks like they're taking the cliches and having fun with them.
'Behold! I am super powerful after being reborn in this world! ...Because I'm the previous Demon Lord.'
'I'm going to a Standard Fantasy Academy to choose the Demon Lord ...But you can't actually be /given/ the Demon Lord's Title, you /earn/ the Demon Lord's Title.'

I'm amused by it so far.

Frankly, any clicheness was forgiven on my part by 'you need to make your castles heavier!' '...what.' '*GRAB*' 'what.' *SPIN* 'WHAT.' *CASTLE THROW*

Also, the wall-hack. Heh.

@anoman Dude just walked through a solid wall and called it a secret passage and you think this isn't having fun with isekai/reincarnation tropes?

Native isekai is what stupid people call fantasy, but this is a story about a guy who dies and decides to reincarnate in his own world. An actual "native isekai".

Fed-Kun's army
Even then, isekai just means "another world" and has nothing to do with reincarnation inherently (someone can die and be reincarnated into another world, or someone can simply be transported to another world, and both are isekai scenarios, but being reincarnated into the same world isn't an isekai just like being magically transported from Tokyo to Los Angeles isn't an isekai), so "native isekai" is still a dumb term in any scenario.

I understand why people get isekai vibes; this is about as close as you can get, where the world has changed so much in a couple millennia that it's practically a different place and it thus it follows a lot of isekai tropes. Regardless, the world being the same one is still very integral to the plot. If this is an isekai, then Lord of the Rings is an isekai because two thousand years pass between the Ring being dropped in the Anduin and Déagol fishing it out.

And before someone misunderstands me and makes a dumb reply, I'm not saying this is bad or that it doesn't feel like an isekai, just that strictly speaking it isn't one and that "native isekai" is a weird oxymoron. It's obviously checking a lot of boxes, and I think it's pretty fuckin' hilarious.

It was a meta joke based on stupid things other people say, not meant to be an actual comment defining this story as an isekai.

Double-page supporter
So we got dumb people writing dumb things, while also baiting dumb people to write really dumb, long-winded statements opposing what the other dumb person originally wrote. Then said dumb person replies"Wait, I was only pretending to be retarded." All in all, normal forum shit going on here.

Fed-Kun's army
I want to add another dumb answer...

Yes, Isekai means "another world", but it doesnt specify from which point of view, the world in this manga is obviously not earth, therefore it is another world and it can be called isekai (while native isekai still doesnt make any sense, i mean, combining words out of two languages makes no sense in the first place)

Fed-Kun's army
I slightly disagree with that. Slightly. That may be what the word means, but isekai manga is meant for a person of one world to go to another (traditionally someone from ours to an RPG fantasy world, but there have been manga where it was the other way around). This wouldn't classify since it's a rebirth of one character in the same world, fantasy or otherwise. The Reincarnation tag is definitely more appropriate in this case. If all it took was for the story's setting to be in another world, a hell of a lot of manga would be tagged as "Isekai" as well. While it may not specify the point of view, I agree, the intent is clear.

Group Leader
How is this avatar of mediocrity so highly ranked?! And I'm being rather charitable with this description, even.

Who gives a series like this a 10? Why? Easily a 4 or 5. OP MCs with no real problems make for incredibly boring stories.

She went and made it all dramatic, but you just know that next chapter he's gonna interrupt like "DAGA KOTOWARU! You both live".

For those who asked, why this mediocre of a story is rated high?

CAUSE IT'S ENJOYABLE TO READ.

And majority feels the same. Fight me.

Frankly, I just enjoy this for his whole 'Imma just kool-aid man through walls to make shortcuts in the maze' bit.

Users who are viewing this thread