The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 43

Okay, so the Prince shouldn't become an Emperor because he's legit MEANT for the blonde—WTF‽ YOU DIDN'T CARE THAT THEY STARVED THEIR DAUGHTER‽ o_O Dude shall NOT become Emperor… NO!

Also, I laugh HARD because the Dutchess legit has adopted Leslie (not as a contract, but she hasn't fully explained it—she CLEARLY wanted a daughter).

Also, SHOOK that the sister turned into one of the surprising Big-Bads while Daddy-Dearest has a nervous breakdown! 😂😅 Girl is BROKEN spoiled (though, this is what happens in the absence of TRUE love and when you learn to abuse—she fears her father's abuse and then turns into him in the process).

I've got this crazy idea that the Dutchess KNOWS the character of the Crown Prince and has a PLAN! 😅😂😂😂 WOMAN, ARE YOU GONNA USURP THE CROWN PRINCE AND MAKE LESLIE THE NEW EMPRESS? 😂😂😂😅 Okay, I *might* be jumping to conclusions, but unless that inner dialogue was misrepresented, there is NO WAY Leslie should get stuck with a calculating fuckhead like that. Dude does NOT have the empathy capable of ruling justly. Unless Leslie is gonna be like the scary knight in shining shining white armor summoning darkness to stomp his unrighteous ass every time he gets even a SMIDGE out of line, and she VOLUNTEERS do it for the preservation of their society, I fear that Lelsie is gonna get stuck in an abusive relationship. Why? Who would be the logical replacement for her biological sister for the fiance? 🤔 Well, obviously, Lelsie. Unfortunately, I expect that something else is going down and the crown prince is far too much like his mother vs the Emperor. Yuck!

Leslie should be able to marry who she wants and of she wants. Not some dark evil prince who gives Machiavelli a bad rep (dude was at least trying to play the Princes of Italy in order to recreate a Roman Republic in order to respread democracy and improve the life of all. That's utilitarian ethics Machiavellian methods. Problematic as all get out, but still, the dude had some just end, not evil for the sake of evil—what in the fuck is this dude's problem‽😭🤔)!

Where's the blonde when you need him (gotta have a pally to act as a tanky healer while Leslie goes all BIGGER-BAD up that superbad villain prince). I legit feel bad for the sister. She's MAJORLY fracked in the head and all like "bred for evil". Yuck… Thankfully, Leslie doesn't act like her and can be a path through the darkness.

I also sense that the Archduchess has a plan! Fu! Fu! Fu! Woman has some schemes! which I desperately need to see unfold!

I figured that she had originally planned to make Leslie crown princess, but this dark reveal on the crown prince LEGIT makes me suspect that she's gonna pull out something FAR crazier, and reveal the EVIL festering in the Emperial crown, thereby forcing her friend, the Emperor to PURGE! 😅😂

Though, I'm curious what the Prince will do when faced off against Leslie…🤔

Also, any bets on whether Leslie's biological sister is gonna end up with the tragic [bad] ending along with her old man, burning themselves up because they fall into the fire instead of Leslie (either by accident, Leslie's powers, or a timely rescue by her family)? 🤔

I expect that ALL shall be revealed and it won't bode well for the power players… Heh.

Fed-Kun's army
"Burn leslie to death!"
"Daughter, are you out of your mind? We have already tried that TWICE! Why the hell do you think we will be able to do it the third time?"

Dex-chan lover
@Kevadu It actually is a viable plan to fix some of their problems. If Leslie dies in fire, presumably Eli will gain the power of darkness Leslie now possesses. That will return a lot of prestige to the Sperado family because it's precisely that power that made them a powerful noble family in the first place. Being able to show the power might also mean the empire would do prevent the Salvatore from destroying them since with the power they would be an asset to the empire, unlike now.

On the other hand, Eli should have realised that since there's now a ducal family with an unmarried daughter, she will have a very tough time fulfilling the prince's demand: the higher the noble family, the more priority their daughter gets when selecting candidates for that ceremonial thing. Furthermore, the Sperado family is kind of pitiful reputation wise now, so she would be a lesser choice compared to Salvatore anyway. However, if Leslie disappears, that problem would disappear at the same time.

Even if the first point wasn't true (I'm not sure if Leslie had needed to die already in the original sacrifice ceremony), at the very least the second point would remain. Although that alone wouldn't help them against the wrath of the Salvatore. However, if Eli imagines it will save her marriage, she might not give a shit about the Sperado family anymore. She's a Sperado, so she's rotten, after all.

This prince deserves his b*tch fiance & I hope neither of them gets a happy ending.

Leslie baby you're already a real family :( Hope mama bear has a talk with her soon, she's getting the wrong ideas again.

Dex-chan lover
I laughed so much when the prince said yes to her “will you really throw me away?” What a thot slayer

People seem to be against the prince for his statement and rightfully so. But public images aside, he seems to be the type of person to act purely on risk and benefit. He’s a piece of shit but at the very least his curt attitude can be entertaining.

Eh... I dont like it when characters dont have redeeming qualities.

Selfish, cowardly, shortsighted and dumb... Its like, ok we get it; You want them to be unlikeable.

But thats cartoon evil. Terrible people are more interesting than that.

Dex-chan lover
We already knew the prince was trash too, he saw the way the family treated Leslie and he didnt care, when she showed him her burns and when she was serving tea to them while dressed in rags. Anyways, Please Duchess tell Leslie she's actually part of the family and its not just a contract ;-;

Aggregator gang
Eli, darling, your family has already tried that plan twice... I'm pretty sure it won't work.

Contributor
Hmm, yeah. Blonde hair in this family are all psychos, now it's clear.

Fed-Kun's army
wow ....
so they are both gonna die then...
oh well show more of Leslie hanging with her new doting dad and brothers!!! PLEASE

I like how everyone is just talking about how they already tried to kill Leslie twice but over here thinking that trying to kill her a second time is only going to ruin their family more. Before all the attempted murder looked bad but only one was somewhat proved. This time if the could kill her everyone would immediately suspect them and they would either be killed or thrown in jail for the rest of their lives. I don’t care how corrupt the government is you can’t have nobles going around and killing over high ranking nobles so publicly! Their house is ruined and in debt. Who would help them?

Dex-chan lover
Gee Eli, what'ya wanna do this arc?
The same thing we do every arc, father; try to burn Leslie to death!

Fed-Kun's army
Original Plan: Burn Her
Alternate Plan: Burn Her
Welp, first two plans failed but I've got a newer, more clever plan:... Burn Her.

Users who are viewing this thread