The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 43

Surprise surprise, Sperados are still the worst, and the Crown Prince is actually a good fit for Eli!

Now now, how was that succession line again? Who’s next after that sorry excuse of a human being?

Isn't it a serious problem for that prince to be the next emperor ....? @_@ I assume, hope, that by the end of the series another heir(ess) will come up!
I'm surprised to see several users hoping for redemption for Eli, I for one have no such expectations or wish, she is no good, seriously😅

Dex-chan lover
So the plan is to do the exact same thing that put them in that situation?
Infallible!

I know pride and all but do people have no intelligence at all? It is not time to fight but to regroup. Accept your loss and rise again...

I wanna see the prince get taken down. I know that the prince hasn't done anything that we've known of yet but he definitely has some secrets and he seems to be a certified asshole.

Dex-chan lover
Burn Leslie for the sacrifice: It fails
Set the carriage on fire: It fails
Try to burn her to death again? The Sperados don't exactly have a good track record with that, maybe you should do something else.

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't burn her when you controlled every aspect of her life, surely it will be easier now that everyone will do their best to keep you away from her and protect her.

Group Leader
So Eli is really banking on taking Leslie’s powers and knowledge the ol’ Sperado way.

Okay, so I’m torn on feeling this way, but I kinda feel bad for Eli. Don’t get me wrong, they way she treated Leslie was absolutely horrendous and honestly she’s a horrible brat. But also that’s how she was raised. Her upbringing expected and encouraged that type of behavior. But now that her house has fallen, for good reason, she’s the only one left who can save it and she’s like what, 14? Her dad’s a violent drunkard, her mom left them. Doesn’t help that her fiancé of a prince is as much of an opportunist as his mom and her family, so she has her back against the wall. No wonder she’s desperate.
With that being said, I hope she gets a decent redemption arc. I don’t want any for her mother or father. I don’t care for that fiancé of hers. But I hope that she somehow learns from this process and becomes a better person instead of remaining drama fodder.
But maybe that’s just me.

@doradora are you sure? They weren't even in love, he states that she was just trying to use his position as crown prince to her advantage. I think it's somewhat realistic too, because the truth of her family came out during the trials. Would you try to stick up for someone like that? Someone using your position as the most coveted bachelor there? After all the stuff about her family was revealed, I'm surprised that the crown prince actually didn't stop the engagement.

Edit: though I hate the crown prince and the mother too, just conspiring against Leslie...

Dex-chan lover
@doradora
Considering his real mother's the scheming Empress Dowager, it kind of makes sense. The current Emperor's other biological son is much better.

Fed-Kun's army
@sakuchu nothing will ever excuse elis actions and the effects of her actions will never be changed. however, i do believe that her behavior isnt entirely her fault. if her parents werent such abusive assholes she probably wouldnt have fallen to this extent. of course, the things she has done is still her fault and it doesnt matter if she was spoon fed malicious ways of life because she still has to be responsible for taking that in and taking it out on leslie. basically yeah i feel the same way even though elis actions will never be excused.
hope she grows into a character that spends her life redeeming herself and becoming better but i doubt it as she is so deep into this mess and theres no one to guide her to becoming better (as she clearly needs 1. The will to change that comes from herself and 2. Professional guidance)

Fed-Kun's army
@doradora Several chapters back, the prince saw the burn scars on Leslie, Leslie said that they were her sister’s doing, and he said... nothing. Not sure why you’re surprised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread