The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 55

Oh my gosh... The bracelet is heavy because the chain is inside the cloth, isn't it??? 😨😨😨

Dex-chan lover
> another shitty Sperado scheme

Will this ever end? 😩

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the Sperado has her kid hence why she looks uncomfortable doing this but still doing it anyway.

This is kinda expected, Amroa. But Leslie, you truly aware that you raised the wrong flag by hushing off your guards ?

I didn't expect that from Leslie bc she's been quite rational and smart ab who to trust. But I guess we should remember that at the end of the day she's an emotionally unstable child.

Please tell me she asks to take it off! I can’t bear for her to end up with the Sperados again

Leslie's cute and all, bust she's becoming one selfish baby lately.

Thanks for the update!

No matter how trustworthy a person is, they can still be threathened if their loved ones are at risk.

Dex-chan lover
@wotnow Even smart people can get blinded by their emotions. Tell you what though, after this time she'll probably be less trusting in the future.

Leslie went from being loveable in the first half of the chapter to losing all the character developpement she had in a span of exactly 10 seconds.
"No it's fine, I have seven knights."
*Immediately makes them wait outside*

It's an unfortunate situation. I'm not angry at Leslie at all. She's very mature in many ways but at the same time, she's still a child, as shown by that sudden illogical emotional outburst. It's really an unfortunate situation all around. Some of you asked why did Leslie trust someone to this extent when she was just merely given a piece of bread and jam. That does not warrant such a deep trust in Amroa. Leslie was even younger, and at the time in her life, was also really dark where she was abused not only by her family but by all the workers. However, she was suddenly treated kindly by Amroa. That very simple gesture was all it takes to give Leslie, a young child, a strong impression. So while she gives off that sense that she's mature, her sense of who to trust and who not to trust are still very much still those of a child. That's why the advice to children, "don't accept and/or follow people that gives you candies" is a thing. Because children are very impressionable even if they should know better or shown to know better but there will always be that one chance they would forget. That's why children must always be watched over even if you think they are mature now and will be fine. Taking into that account, for certain she feels the exact same way about her new family. We know they're good, but let's say that they have less than admirable motives. Leslie would NEVER ever doubt them and even to entertain such a notion would cause her to throw an illogical tantrum as she did here.

Who I'm really angry and who we should by focusing all our anger on is still the fucking Sperado family. Can't we just pop off all their fucking heads ASAP?

Dex-chan lover
I think this might be a case of plot convenience. This has to happen for the story to progress. It's not her fault really. Blame the author.

@TrapCard113 they are not attacking the maid or even being rude lmao. Leslie has been educated in manners and rules of the noble, plus hanging out with the knights. She should know that checking strangers' food for poison is like the bare minimum of their job. They would do it here and at any other random restaurants Leslie might wanna drop in later. Berating the knights for that is the same as taking her mother's protection for granted, which is very out of character for Leslie. Granted she's a child you can say that but come one, character development applies to children too

Users who are viewing this thread