The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
5xaj4Hi.png

That is exactly the face I'd expect someone to have after a chocolate overdose.

...a genius that was abused. Poor girl.

More family scenes please. She needs it.

aaaa so precious ! i love how the servants did their best and sacrificed their appetite for future meals/sweets in general and the scene with the brother is so adorable _:)'3

Contributor
LESLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Feels pretty outta place making Leslie a "genius."

I was expecting a "How do I read?" not a "Scrub, get on my level." Could have been quality bonding with 2nd bro as he teaches her from the start instead of interacting like equals with a child.

Double-page supporter
Love the chocolate part, but with 2nd bro, I'm on 2fast2easy faction.

I don't get people complaining about Ruenti warming up to her so quickly. Her biological family already hates her guts, isn't that enough for you? Why do you want her to have drama in her adopted family too? Even if he disliked her for a few more chapters, what difference would it make in the plot? She's used to people hating her so much they want to kill her, you think she's gonna care about someone being uncomfortable with her but still treating her okay?

And we knew she was forced to learn archaic language and other useless crap since the early chapters, why are people saying the author pulled this out of their ass? Wasn't it pretty much implied that her knowledge will be transferred to Eli? And even if it doesn't transfer, how hard is it to think of a reason why the Sperados would want the smartest, strongest, most perfect sacrifice for their darling daughter? Maybe they don't know what exactly gets transferred over either.

I tried looking for other things to support my take on why Leslie was tutored, but I didn't find much I could use aside from Chapter 2:

Marquis Sperado to Eli: "That child was born for your benefit. If you hadn't awakened your powers, I would've put you as a lady in waiting at the Imperial Palace." ... "If that child wasn't a sacrifice, I would've made her your maid."

Eli is 15 (from chapter 14), while Leslie is 12. Leslie was born long before Eli would have been able to awaken her powers (at least that's what I hope, imagine if Leslie had awoken these powers at 2 or 3 years old). If Eli didn't awaken to her powers, instead of being thrown into a fire, they would have kept raising Leslie to support Eli as a maid. I assume she's acted in that role in the past and having her knowledgeable is preferable (I'm thinking of the flashback where Eli punished her for mistranslating God's words).

Could also be other reasons behind it, like the research of past generations of the Sperado family including evaluations on how much power was transferred and how the sacrifice was raised (like how there were optimal times for doing the sacrifice).

She is genius off dark magic, not studying. It's hardship nothing less

Aggregator gang
@Jadian and the other folks discussing Leslie's knowledge: The closest we get to an explanation is in chapter 4, where she says "Since my sister was too busy being a princess, I did all the studying" which included history, theology, ancient languages and other such things. She said it was simply natural for her to learn those things.

Why did they bother to educate her at all? I don't think it matters. They did. She's here with advanced learning someone her age wouldn't have. That's that.

Users who are viewing this thread