The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 53

She probably can't say much without risking the life of her baby and hers
At least she warned Leslie and seems kind at heart

now now i want to see Konrad's reaction to her gift *-*

I wonder who has her baby? It could be anyone! it's pretty difficult to come up with someone that would use a child as a tool to leverage what they want. Could be anyone.

Dex-chan lover
No doubt she is being blackmailed. The sperados will ambush leslie at the store and use the chain. Ugh, I don’t wanna see that happen but I guess it’s a plot point that has to happen.

I hope this maid and her baby will survive after the ordeal with the Sperados are over. Looks like she was coerced, but even if that is the case she still warned Leslie.

Fed-Kun's army
I've never understood how people in the position of being used by others like this are so completely dumb... (I do understand that sometimes status is what makes people stepped upon by those of higher status). We can all assume her child is being held hostage, right? However, she's literally doing this to a child that is of higher status than both her and that sh**ty family. So, if harm came to Leslie because of them, her and that family will be destroyed. So, the most optimal solution is go to Momma Duchess about the problem.

Dex-chan lover
Her baby is probably being held hostage and that last line "You must bring a guard" is probably her trying to help Leslie.

I don't like how this is going... Can't we burn that shithole of a family to the ground and let the rest of the story be just Leslie and her happy daily life?

@codydub03 Are you complaining about that ex-maid? If so then I don't think she's being dumb. Her baby is probably being held hostage and she still tried to warn Leslie despite the hidden dangers of doing so. I don't think she could do much to refuse the Sperado's and going to the Duchess for protection would have probably gotten her and/or her baby killed.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mangareader I know-- I know.. my bad I had to edit my comment to say that her child was probably being held hostage - in my notes.. I'm not disagreeing with that.. It's just dumb. I know it's needed for the plot. She's being forced. It just doesn't make sense IMO.. This is literally worse than trying to assassinate a royal. That maid knows exactly who the Duchess is and that alone is enough to at least have the Duchess save her childs life from that sh**ty family.

I've never understood how people in the position of being used by others like this are so completely dumb... (I do understand that sometimes status is what makes people stepped upon by those of higher status). We can all assume her child is being held hostage, right? However, she's literally doing this to a child that is of higher status than both her and that sh**ty family. So, if harm came to Leslie because of them, her and that family will be destroyed. So, the most optimal solution is go to Momma Duchess about the problem.

@codydub03 I understand what you meant. but if your child is being held at gunpoint, can you even refuse? especially since her husband been dead for a long time.

Dex-chan lover
I can so smell the trouble stirring up starting here...
Gadammit, just when leslie just have to be happy
author have to stir it up lol

Dex-chan lover
I was just thinking that this was such a wholesome reunion, but it finally hit me as well that she must've already been conscripted by the Sperados and is doing what she can to mess up their plans while not outright endangering her child.

It's suspicious, because they were just talking about that maid. What if they had her child as a hostage so she would lure Leslie out? But she doesn't want either Leslie or her child in danger and that's why she tried to lure her out while giving her a warning?
That's what I think. Might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread