The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People. ~To the Savior~ - Ch. 1

Yeah, I hear you, it's really terrible that a criminal, instead of being outright executed, was turned into a slave and set free to live his life with the only limitations being to not be able to commit crimes, violence and required to come to the castle to see Pride if he sincerely needed help with saving someone, how despicable inhumane!!!!
I don't think anybody, myself included, is annoyed with how the MC handled it what she did was just fine, my problem and I'm guessing the other guys was well is the law itself it basically is an excuse for slavery and any kind od mistreatment while still leaving an excuse for people to feel good about themselves if it was anybody other than the MC he would have been treated like a dog in fact with the MC's alternate self we see just how far this can go.
Think of it this way then, he's on parole and his conditions are magically enforced. And his other other option was being executed for numerous attempted murders, including a high ranking official who has a direct line of influence to the throne.

He chose the other option for a crime that warrants capital punishment.
Story-wise, I'm happy we get to see more of him, and he's not a one-off villain with that out of the way.

Yes, I agree he should have received some punishment, like, life in prison or even execution would have been fine but a slave contract that's a poor excuse, in my opinion, to mistreat someone in any kind of way and try to justify it and we see with the alternate evil MC just how far this can go.

I don't have an issue with how the MC handled it, but I don't like the law itself.

Dex-chan lover
Good job on ignoring what people write and instead assuming something completely different! You must be popular on both reddit and twitter!
it's called reading between the lines, the hidden meaning behind what you said, so like I said keep those kinds of comments to the hentai manga

Dex-chan lover
it's called reading between the lines, the hidden meaning behind what you said, so like I said keep those kinds of comments to the hentai manga
By reading between the lines of your comment i realised that you hate the sea and want to fill it with cement! Man i must at least be as good as you, so let's stop this because i can see that talking to you is as good as talking to /this was censored by the totally non biased /this was also censored by the same group//

Fed-Kun's army
Oh thank god this got continued after the previous artist sadly couldnt do the series anymore.
Good mangas like this should never be canceled

Dex-chan lover
oh it's come out ages ago. man im late

edit: finished rereading

Last edited:
Hmm. . . New art doesn't completely have me sold. I think someone else who said it is less expressive is on the nose. But as plenty of folks have said it isn't BAD by any means so it is just a matter of adjusting to it.
Yes, I agree he should have received some punishment, like, life in prison or even execution would have been fine but a slave contract that's a poor excuse, in my opinion, to mistreat someone in any kind of way and try to justify it and we see with the alternate evil MC just how far this can go.

I don't have an issue with how the MC handled it, but I don't like the law itself.
I mean life in prison is effectively slavery by another name. For this case, would it be better if they had this exact same magical contract but called it a 'Parole Contract' instead of a Slavery Contract? I think folks are getting WAY to hung up on the name and completely ignoring the function. Yes the world has slavery, but the original poster commenting on it was commenting on Pride's use of it. And in her use it may as well be called a 'Parole Contract', but it is called a Slavery Contract because that is what it originated from. Given the way it was set up, she less has a slave and more has a life long criminal parolee that answers to her.
--
Remember the Original Poster of this debate wasn't going this world is terrible for having slavery, but rather condemning Pride for her use of the contract to create a magically enforced parole that the powers above her would accept as a reasonable punishment(since the magic would get rid of the normal risks of trying parole someone like him).

Remember the Original Poster of this debate wasn't going this world is terrible for having slavery, but rather condemning Pride for her use of the contract to create a magically enforced parole that the powers above her would accept as a reasonable punishment(since the magic would get rid of the normal risks of trying parole someone like him).
I personally have no issue with how she dealt with it, she did her best with what she was given and doesn't have the power to change her society yet, the man would have been treated infinitely worse if not for her. I'm hoping when she grows up and becomes the queen, she makes an effort to change the fuck up system since she seems to realize how fuck up it is and doesn't like it but doesn't have the power to do anything about it yet. Not to mention she has first-hand experience with how badly somebody can abuse the system, it was because of the system her evil alternate self was able to do what she did.

Dex-chan lover
1. Ah yes, another villainess reincarnation manga
2. Wtf with her name, "pride", haha
3. Well it's fine, yeah, let's see how this goes

Dex-chan lover
"Feel free to keep in mind the 'Junta' name..."

Uhhuh. Does she hope for her own monarchy to be replaced by a military junta, or something? Stella is worlds above that.

Pryde looks more like a villainess in this new mangaka's art. That's actually a pretty good detail.

Dex-chan lover
I still personally hate it, and it just seems like a punishment that is an excuse to mistreat people, whether it be constantly beating them half to death or raping them and still feeling morally right about it. The only reason it worked out is that the MC is such a nice person, thanks to the trauma of knowing her cruel future self or really past self as well.

Let me ask you something are you okay with literal slavery or what the MC's alternate future self was doing? No, why would you be okay with him being put in a slave contract?

Also, the guy asked for slavery. Seriously, that's your excuse to say it's okay. It was either that or die and most people instinctively have a sense of self-preservation and will do anything to stay alive at that point it's not a choice.

Put him in jail to protect the rest of society or execute him depending on his crimes. Don't make him a slave where literally any kind of mistreatment can happen to him. Also, by this logic, the Prime Minister should also be put in a slave contract since he paid and used his influence to contribute to human trafficking regardless of his motive.

First things first: Why are you replying in place of another person like you were the one I was talking to? I'm not saying you can't, it's just... incredibly god damn odd. I had to do a double take because you were replying like you were the person I responded to... When you weren't.

Secondly: Was the Prime Minister convicted of anything? No. Worse yet, the crime that this guy committed was ALMOST FUCKING REGICIDE. In a kingdom, that's by far and away an even more heinous crime than anything the Prime Minister was up to.

Thirdly: The original Pride's actions being comparable to this are a straight up false equivalence and you know it. In the original piece, she was tricking and forcing people into slavery contracts and abusing them. In this instance, she is FOLLOWING THEIR LAWS AND LEGAL SYSTEM AND MERITING OUT VERDICTS. By your own logic, the state finding someone guilty of a crime and sentencing them to death is the same as someone pulling out a gun and blowing the brains out of a innocent person at random. No.

Fourthly: He was given informed consent as to the stipulations and Pride herself even admitted to him that it could be "worse than death" depending on how he acted. He still agreed to it.

I'm fucking sorry, but no, you aren't convincing me one iota. The guy was informed, he made a choice, and he got a good deal considering his crimes. The end of discussion.

Dex-chan lover
Well, not as jarring as expected. Hope it‘s not monthly. Anyone knows if the anime’s any good?

Also, I hope the novel readers in Japan know something I don’t about the characters. Otherwise there’s no excuse for the order to be such crap. I think only the number one spot was correct. Poor Stale…

Group Leader
Uoh a whole war happening in the comment section(two actually) and I’m just here hoping Arthur is end game and not Stayle

First things first: Why are you replying in place of another person like you were the one I was talking to? I'm not saying you can't, it's just... incredibly god damn odd. I had to do a double take because you were replying like you were the person I responded to... When you weren't.

Secondly: Was the Prime Minister convicted of anything? No. Worse yet, the crime that this guy committed was ALMOST FUCKING REGICIDE. In a kingdom, that's by far and away an even more heinous crime than anything the Prime Minister was up to.

Thirdly: The original Pride's actions being comparable to this are a straight up false equivalence and you know it. In the original piece, she was tricking and forcing people into slavery contracts and abusing them. In this instance, she is FOLLOWING THEIR LAWS AND LEGAL SYSTEM AND MERITING OUT VERDICTS. By your own logic, the state finding someone guilty of a crime and sentencing them to death is the same as someone pulling out a gun and blowing the brains out of a innocent person at random. No.

Fourthly: He was given informed consent as to the stipulations and Pride herself even admitted to him that it could be "worse than death" depending on how he acted. He still agreed to it.

I'm fucking sorry, but no, you aren't convincing me one iota. The guy was informed, he made a choice, and he got a good deal considering his crimes. The end of discussion.
By your logic, slavery and any kind of mistreatment is fine so long as it's fine by law by whatever country it's happening in, which means you were fine with America when it enslaved Black people until it eventually became illegal and only then did you think it was a bad thing and this goes for the numerous other countries that had slaves as well and those that still do till this day. I don't know what kind of logic this is.

I'm obviously using my morals not the characters in the manga, to give my opinion, so I don't care if the characters think it's fine because I'm giving my opinion of the matter not theirs. For example, if some character was raped (would very well could happen from how the mc explained the law) and under the circumstances everyone in power thought was completely fine and the law allowed it does that mean I have to agree with it, no it does not.

Also is it so weird for someone to reply giving their opinion when they see a comment what am I only allowed to reply if someone is directly replying to me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
By your logic, slavery and any kind of mistreatment is fine so long as it's fine by law by whatever country it's happening in, which means you were fine with America when it enslaved Black people until it eventually became illegal and only then did you think it was a bad thing and this goes for the numerous other countries that had slaves as well and those that still do till this day. I don't know what kind of logic this is.

You can fuck right off with that straw man and false equivalence bullshit.

Black slaves were not given the OPTION of slavery and chose it. You know that's not the same scenario, you know that's a false equivalence, and fuck you very much for trying that shit. That's some pathetic nonsense and I hope you know it.

I'm obviously using my morals not the characters in the manga, to give my opinion, so I don't care if the characters think it's fine because I'm giving my opinion of the matter not theirs.

And your morals do not require you to uphold a dynasty and royalty or enforce death sentences. You get to sleep nice and comfy in your bed every night without having to make such decisions and being far away non-1st-world problems. Your Ivory Tower is very safe to cast aspersions from, I get it.

Also is it so weird for someone to reply giving their opinion when they see a comment what am I only allowed to reply if someone is directly replying to me.

What the fuck was it that I said in my reply? "I'm not saying you can't." Apparently your reading comprehension needs work.

And, FUCK YES, it is EXTREMELY GOD DAMN ODD to do what you did. You replied like you were that person. Sorry, that's fucking weird. Deal with it.

Dex-chan lover
Art style is definitely something to get used to but.. we'll see. I liked the story anyway so I'll stick around

i was afraid i was going to prefer the old art style, but i'm pleasantly surprised. the new art style is just as good and clean as the old one

Users who are viewing this thread