The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Aggregator gang
@Sahmir
I totally agree with your comment, the fact that she can see into the future means she had ample opportunity to stop Pryde for go down that destructive path after all a person is shaped by their experiences they've had evervsince they were able to retain memories. From her actions I just starting to believe that; a) she didn't like her child or b) she was lazy and thought Tiara would be less work
I am by no means a doctor of any kind but I think OG Pryde was sociopathic, she legit sent a child to kill his mother and when asked why, she simply smiled and said she wanted to see it, completely lacking empathy
@DarkieM Thank you for the correction!

Double-page supporter
@koikun
I think the villainess was super yandere before the isekai switch. She had just lost everything dear to her, before the introduction of Style. So Style was like a consolation prize. And she felt like she had no control over her life. When she met Style she didn't want to lose control over something again (hence the slave contract). So, I think in her own way the original villainess thought she truly loved Style, if only for what he was replacing in her life.

Like, she still took care of Style when he was sick. Which is super weird if she actually hated him. I think she just simply wanted him for herself. Which is why she made him kill his mother and then denied him the ability to kill himself. She wanted him and his whole devotion. Very much the wrong way to go about it. Given that Style turned around and then left her for her sister, the betrayal of the last thing she had left was probably enough to completely break her and turn her into the most heretical last boss queen.

It also looks like Gilbert must've had much more influence over her as she grew up (in the original timeline) and given how nasty he's being in the current one, we can only assume it was not entirely her fault for ending up the way she did. She was a victim of circumstance and a child who never outgrew her trauma.

Thanks for the upload!

Double-page supporter
@Ryoto no it's not, Pryde have the memories because it's a novel world from his previous life and no indication she got it when she asleep.

I don't know if you're not accustomed with manga storytelling or not but when the scene appear in chapter three most of all can understand that Style killing his mother is only happen in the novel story, not the current ones.

They really only let him write to his mom once a year? You're already giving the mom payment every month, may as well just deliver his letter then.

Dex-chan lover
You know is there an isekai where they dwell on the fact the isekai'd gal/guy just killed the soul of the original owner?

Dex-chan lover
@koikun the only ones i can think of is "ascendance of a bookworm" and "isekai pharmacy" 🤔 (ascendance focuses on it more) "a wild last boss" does this too but in a different way. Most isekai just merge the souls or erase the original

Dex-chan lover
@Ari_43 You can check novelupdates to keep track of the translated web novel. https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-most-heretical-last-boss-queen-who-will-become-the-source-of-tragedy-will-devote-herself-for-the-sake-of-the-people/

A small tip: There's an information section for many manga with LN/WN sources on the main page of the series in Mangadex with a link to the raw or novelupdates page.

Fed-Kun's army
@bramhistory
I think you misunderstood my line a bit, I mean that stayle gets all the information of other timeline in his dream

and yes I'm not accustomed to the story telling, since I previously thought all the black edged panel was flashback of what pryde has previously done before remembering her real world's memory and realizing this world is a novel world

@riflow

To my understanding the queen obviously has no feelings toward her husband. She had the 2nd daughter with a lover. That's why she loves Tiara, and why she doesn't care about Pryde. And why the father of Pryde spoils her so much, trying to make up for the lack of motherly love.

And original's Pryde actions are also in response to those circumstances. Pryde is jealous of Stayle's mother and their love, so she does everything to destroy it. As in "if I don't have it - no one should". So she orders him to kill her. This act of 'killing your own mother' also reflects her own desire to kill/harm her own mother for not loving her as a kind of reenacting.

Also her behaviour bases more on the mother's hatred, than on father's spoiling - spoiled childern are egoistic, but showing aggressive behaviour is further apart.
Of course she has psychopatic tendencies whitout question, but these behaviours are heavily influenced by the environment and are not counteracted.

Users who are viewing this thread