The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if queen cunt is truly a cunt, but for real, she neglected one daughter to take care of the other. She didn't even have to always be there for Pryde, just see her from time to time, that's all she needed to do. Well, it could have been worse. The queen is in the limbo for me. Between, "she is a cunt" and "she could be forgiven, but is still a shitty mother."

Dex-chan lover
Queen and Gilbert are both kinda similar then. Queen abandoned one daughter for the other and Gilbert is throwing the other one under the bus for the other. Partners in crime.

While I understand Original Pryde was supposed to be the villianess, I think the author went way overboard with her behavior. She isn't Joffrey Baratheon, she wasn't beaten like he was or spoiled like he was, it seems like she's just evil for evil's sake.

@OutlawSMG Well her traumas were more psychological in nature. 1) Her mother almost never shows her face, so she's neglected and is in turn spoiled by her father to compensate for that. 2) Later finds out that her mother basically didn't care about her, because she spent all her time with the younger daughter. 3) Father dies in a tragic accident, which practically makes her an orphan since the mother doesn't love her.
That's all the info we really have so far, but there's probably more to come.

Dex-chan lover
All the otome reincarnation mangas have this little brother bullshit but god damn if this isnt the most wholesome

@OutlawSMG You think shes cartoonishly evil ? boyo real rulers back in the spicy days were much much worse

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that one of the things Gilbert mentioned (making Stayle run around) actually happened in the game. Is that a coincidence, or is that a remnant of the original timeline...

ppi

The queen and uncle may be hot but i am not afraid to throw hands to protect me queen mis pryde!

Dex-chan lover
@OutlawSMG Have you never heard of psychopaths ? That's exactly what they are, there doesn't have to be a reason for why they're being evil, they just are.

Double-page supporter
@Kutabarie

Well, technically they do have a reason, being their own amusement. It's the same as deriving joy from playing with toys- except psychopaths don't see any difference between a person and a toy. If someone breaks(dies), oh well.

ah that explains the contradictory slander gilbert is a person of the queen who has a precog ability and thus has seen the abuse that was supposed to happen which she told gilbert about....

@Geohie
while your statement is more inclusive of facts than kutabarie, whose statement is just a populistic half of a half truth, you are still missing a load of information:
psychopaths dont just include those that feel enjoyment from inflicting pain and death...
psychopaths are generaly missing the ability of empathy or have a mishappen conscience which has them unable to be subjected to guilt in extreme cases they can even gain the ability to turn those things on and off like a light switch

so its less of a psychopath desiring to bring pain for their enjoyment and more that psychopaths are people that dont mind causing harm and or death of others as a hinderance in achieving their goals and or desires

if you wanted to describe psychopaths in a nutshell it would be a sociopath that had a opportunity in which he/she/it has proven the ability to kill.

so i would doubt that pryde wanted to inflict harm as her main objective as what she did might be horrifc but is still small potatoes compared to the possibilities she had,
she wanted to cause stayle to be subjected to the same torments she saw herself faced with... loss of freedom by being forced on a path , loss of the only parental figure she had
well in a twisted way she actualy welcomed stayle into the family by making him into a copy of what she saw herself as
also its not me trying to defend her but inorder to prevent future occurences one has to understand the reasons behind it
the death of pryde in the original game was well deserved and long over due

but if i had to rank her as the root of all evil for this plot it would merely be at 2nd or 3rd place because i would guess her mother set all the dominos rolling with a self fulfilling prophecy of her daughter becoming a tyrant which caused her to distance herself from pryde which in turn cause pryde to become a tyrant

edit: also in theory it is stated that those that like to inflict pain and death to feel enjoyment also have some sort of outward reverence for life as not being able to use it for their enjoyment is a waste
which is something pryde is missing because she frequently let disasters which she foresaw happen
which is why i think the pain and or deatg she inflicts are just tools and not the goal

Dex-chan lover
So the Queen hasn't seen Pryde in who knows how long but has the time to sit and have tea with Tiara... This makes me dislike the Queen.

Fed-Kun's army
So wait, Gilbert is actively trying to make Pryde look bad by spreading false rumors about her? Does that mean he's the reason why the original Pryde turned into such a horrible person?

Also, I'll withhold judgment on the queen until I see more of how she is, as others are commenting of how horrible she is for spending time with Tiara and not Pryde.

Dex-chan lover
Some might call him a simp.

I call him an advanced Chad.

That dedication is astounding.

Dex-chan lover
So his mom writes to him once a month but he can only write back once a year?
Why don't they just exchange letters with each other whenever the payment comes?

Contributor
@omegaxis1
That was my thought as well. Gilbert might be holding a grudge for how he himself ended in the position of advisor.
He's a credible person given his position, however the scene also felt rather simplistic so there's likely more to it.

But it was definitely put here to make us distrust Gilbert and plant the thought into our heads that he's behind why the original Pryde was the way she was.

Group Leader
So she changes but the original world is not... interesting. Not like other villainess manga (that I read so far), She still have to fight the fate that bind her until the very end.

Users who are viewing this thread