The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Correct Way to Deal with Betrayal

Dex-chan lover
Note that author discontinued (and partially deleted) the webnovel. Author will still continue writing the light novel version though.

This was done for 2 reasons:

- Author found out the webnovel was being fantranslated and got very upset at this "act of foreign piracy". They were displeased that it was done without their permission, and worried they'd be open to attack from too-PC foreigners who disagree with Noel's cruel nature and the writing style. Author has threatened that if fantranslations of the LN are found, they will make Overlap take legal action.
https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/1090237/blogkey/2619624/

- Author's dad was admitted to hospital for a cerebral stroke. Since author has to care for their dad, they can no longer update the webnovel as frequently.
https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/1090237/blogkey/2614870/

Re. the 1st point, I wonder if the author's unhappiness at the piracy would be assuaged if the LNs were licensed via a reputable official group like J Novel Club, since J Novel has a connection to Overlap. (Only 1 LN volume exists in Japan ATM.)

Dex-chan lover
and that is true gender equality.

VXR3dEU.png

@zz2000 I read the link, author is in all his right to send a C&D to translators, he doesn't even need to give a reason, but author is right that there are too much BS with PC.
And if that is really his main reason, then I don't think whichever deal, any translation editorial gives to him, will make him change his opinion, because there are precedents about PC ruining other works.

Lol selling them into slavery and using the money from that to pay the people who help him catch them. Brilliant.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck all that isaki and isaki revenge shit ..thus is what i want...a person from their own world getting stronger through their own means no cheat skills and still put fear into people like nothing...and yes fool..he is gonna sell you to get back his tree fiddy

Dex-chan lover
I have less than zero sympathy for any creator who doesn't find a way to get their works translated into widely spoken languages like English, Spanish, Cantonese, Hindi etc.

The means to do so are varied and fairly inexpensive, and publishers abound as well that will eat the cost and actually make people money.

If people fail to understand that they have an overseas potential fanbase, and instead of encouraging and embracing them, reject them and then cry when those fans do the translations themselves, it if anything makes me want to pirate their stuff more to mock their stupidity and lack of basic understanding of why piracy exists. Hint: It's not a financial problem most of the time, but an access problem. Give people access, and don't gouge like say Qidan, and people will willingly support your life as an artist if you give them a chance.

Supporter
??? aren't web novels free anyway?

i understand the point about the licensed LN tho

If next chapter he actually sells both of them to the slave merchant, dude I'm gonna dig this manga so hard my dick will break. I'm loving this chaotic-neutral MC that's nice to people that are nice to him and just 180 on those who wrong him.

Dex-chan lover
@Ultenth you understand that an author is in no obligation at all to provide his work on other language different to the ones author want? Maybe there is a potential demand, but no author has an obligation to satisfy that demand, what you are talking is just stealing.
and seeing how author deleted the previous chapters of the "free" wn + no publishing new chapters, then that's it for this novel, and if author is really serious, this manga can follow such path soon.

This might be a spoiler, idk, i didn't read the light novel. But shouldn't his "talker" ability strong. Strong as something like
"Word Magic" - the manga explains his ability to be a support class, by chanting words he can use buffs on party members or debuffs on enemies. Shouldn't his ability also let him use offensive magic or healing magic as well? If he chants something like "Burning Flesh" or "Quick Healing/Regeneration" (I'm not a novelist so I can only use basic words lol).

Dex-chan lover
@Crescentz "chaotic-neutral"
I see you are a man of culture as well !
Enough of those loyal-goods , send the beast !

@Ultenth
To be frank, it's his work to begin with. It is within his right to do whatever he wants with it, like publishing, blocking access to his own work, etc. We do not own his property. Even if the "piracy" brings more positive effects than negatives, it's entirely his choice whatever he wants to accept it or not. Your statement "to mock their stupidity and lack of basic understanding of why piracy exists" hints that you don't really understand why people pirate stuff and how people are entitled to do whatever he wants to their own works without giving a shit on what you think as a "fan".

Yes, i also don't like his response, but i will defend his rights to make his own decision.

Fed-Kun's army
@Crescentz It doesn't work like that lol. That'd be so damn broken. He can only use skills suitable for his job, like stun howl, confession, etc., that activate through speech. What you're saying is like asking a LvL 2 Earth mage to idk, blow up the world lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Galouz Nothing Chaotic or Neutral here. This is classical Lawful Evil.

Don't betray loyal allies
Use the law to your benefit
Use all opportunities to benefit yourself within legal means
Do not take pity on the vanquished
Do not lie or make false promises (lawyer-speak is fair game though)
Show no mercy to those who wrong you

etc etc

Dex-chan lover
I could undestand to some degree about not wanting to deal with too-PC people, but calling the WN translation as act of foreign piracy just rub me off in the wrong way. Im sure the author is within his right to say so, but IDK man... quite disappointing I must say

Users who are viewing this thread