The New Gate - Vol. 10 Ch. 60

Dex-chan lover
Reason number 357 why I'm still single: My first thought for reply to "The moon is beautiful" is something like "True, but what about Uranus?" My interest in bad jokes far exceeds my capacity for decorum.

Double-page supporter
Isn't "the moon is beautiful" also a phrase Japanese people use to subtly confess to someone/say "I love you"? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Also come on guys, Shin doesn't have to sleep with every attractive woman in his vicinity, especially just because she has feelings for him. Y'all would be terrible boyfriends

@faniki
You’re correct, I don’t speak Japanese but it is used in a lot of manga that I read. If I remember correctly, “the moon is beautiful” is interpreted as “I love you” from one of the Japanese author. From another author, to reply with “I love you too” wrote “It would be okay if I were to die.”

Something along those line. Isn’t Japanese just romantic in its own sense? Yet most of the time it is use in bittersweet context.

Double-page supporter
@sherlock0790 wow you are really behind in the novel you need to read vol.15
https://shintranslations.com/tng-vol-15-chapter-1-part-1/

Double-page supporter
@yetiwarrior
The information I got was second-hand to begin with; but, from what I've heard (Super Spoilers incoming)
his girlfriend, Marino's soul remained in the world after she was killed, and when Tiera was cast out of her village, she encountered Marino's lost soul that was wandering the forest, and she bound herself to Tiera and guided her to The Moon Shrine. Because she knew that Shin's soul had remained in the world and would one day return. She also knew he'd be able to break the curse on Tiera.

Now that I've digressed on that topic, I'd like to say that I really dislike the "death game" subgenre of isekai... Because there's always shithead PKers who are the worst kind of stupid; still thinking that "it's just a game." If there was ever a time that we needed a Hiro Shishigami-like character, it would be for fucksticks like them.

*Sigh*...... Man I'm tired of harem leads that waste great opportunities. Im tired of extremely OBVIOUS moments that the girl likes him or wants him (like this) and oblivious beta leads like him ignoring it for no reason whats so ever like they aren't even a male.
It really makes me appreciate badass leads with actual BALLS like "Sasae Hatsushima" from "Game of Familia: Kazoku Senki" even more.

@SSJR2 Right? She said that she loved him and he had a fiance so he couldn't, but he's letting her do all this??

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2 Well there is the fact that
he had a girlfriend before and she was murdered by another player if I remember right
so that would put a hamper on a lot of things, especially for someone who still feels like it was just yesterday

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@SSJR2 He's completely aware,
he's just dealing with the aftermath of seeing his fiance die infront of him not too long ago.

The quest for Fixing the sword would be a long journey it seems, even he got unknown material along his journey, i assume it for fixing his sword later

Among other NPC allies, Schnee affection and love toward shin still a mystery for me,why that feeling grow... And as far as i know shin didn't set Schnee for liking him likes Ainz-sama tweak Albedo personality for liking him

Dex-chan lover
Natsume Souseki reference at the end of a conversation about swords rife with impotence subtext

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2

oh Shin is 100% aware of Schnee´s feelings and he does in fact harbour feelings for her too.
He is not at all dense like some other protagonists.
Its just that he refuses to acknowledge his own feelings for reasons that is going to be explained later.

Shin used to have a girlfriend who was playing the game with him when it became a death game, But she died before the game ended.
But now because he knows that people who died in the game can be found alive here.
He is now exploring the world not only in hopes of finding a way back home, but also to find if his girlfriend alive.
Also while not confirmed, Shin acts like somebody who is not a beliver of harems and seems to only want one girl in his life.

@MrMcNasty

you are right for the most part, but.....
Tiera is her reincarnation thanks to the reincarnation system still being active( this is why "Chopsen once" exist )
So the soul have been there from when she was born.
Tiera does not only have her soul inside of her, it also gives her all of her old abilities and stats
This is why Tiera is much stronger then normal even at low level.
Most of those powers are however sealed by her subconscious/ the other soul because it would literally destroy her body if she were to use any of the skills becouse of said level.
The reason behind her not having all the stats from the get go is a bit iffy and is never really explained, but i presume it's because her subconscious/ the other soul deemed it bad for a child to have too much power or something.
So the she is not aware of the fact she have super powers, and wont be untill she gets a power up when Shin meets up with Filma Tormeia. ( this is when she "unlocks" the stats and skills btw )
If you dont know who that is, she is the 4th of Shins support characters that he finds and is the next support character Shin meets after this upcoming arc in Samurai/ninja land.

Also we do have a Hiro Shishigami character in this story.
It is
Shin himself alongside Shadow from chapter 47

Here is why.....
The reason Shin is called the "god of death" / "the grim reaper" is that he literally went to war with the entire population of PK players and won.
With the help of a smaller group of like minded indivuduals who helped with gathering information, He and Shadow who were top tier players killed of pretty much everybody who was a known PK player by themselfs.

They did all of this after Shin´s girlfriend and Holly ( shadow´s wife) was killed in a town raid by the player named Hamelin AKA "The pied piper" (Hamelin is also name dropped in chapter 47 and is confirmed to be alive again, and if you ask me is one of if not THE best character in this story )

This is also one of "a few" mental issues Shin has to deal with in later arcs
Our MC is actually a very scared and battered man despite his happy go lucky appearance, but he drops the mask on ocation.
(this was also hinted at when he traveled in the carriage with Tiara back in chapter 24 and 25 when he killed the bandits and is the first time he drops the mask)
In hindesight calling it a mask is maybe a bit inappropriate tho.
Its more falling back into old habits of hating the world for takeing away the only good thing in his life and wanting everybody who would willingly take another person's life to die as painful as possible.

Dex-chan lover
OMG SHE SAID IT

And he's still looking for María/ Malina/Marina

Damn. That's rough.

Group Leader
@SSJR2 well, considering his situation where
his girlfirend died in front of him (not killed in-game but dead in real-life thanks to an unknown terminal disease, causing her lifeless avatar to stayed intact), in the middle of a monster raid initiated by a crazy PKer, leading him to slaughter every PKer in the game with cold-blood and no one to spare.
, it would take quite a while for him to start anew.

Nevertheless, that 'the moon is beautiful' is an absolute flag from her to him, only a dunce as dense as IS's Ichika would've missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread