The New Gate

Been following this sine Day 1 and just recently switched over to Mangadex for reading it.
Rather slow updates but It's quite good.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Strychnine Uxtef is usually a couple of weeks behind the JP release, it shouldn't be long now.

Part of me is surprised that they haven't made an anime yet. Sad part is that they will ruined it , unless Madhouse does it.

Dex-chan lover
I know isekai manga normally have a cheesy start. But this just takes the cake for a terrible intro. I doubt any isekai can have a shitter intro than this one. (They took inspiration from overlord but in the most shallow way possible)

Staff
Super Moderator
@tokenotaku Both of them were web novels before either of them became light novels or manga so the odds of either author being inspired by the other is pretty low, and the idea of being transported into a game world didn't start with Overlord.

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8 Well, manga like .hack and others existed way before. It's just the concept of being the last one to log off was way too similar so I thought that he had inspiration. (Though that isn't a bad thing. I ain't trying to say this is a shameless ripoff. I am just trying to say I didn't like the first chapter.)

Staff
Super Moderator
Just letting everyone know, there's no chapter this month. The mangaka is working on releasing the sixth volume of this instead, which is good news for me.

Good on you @BraveDude8, we appreciate the work. Do you know if the releases go on as normal starting next month?

Thanks and regards.

also happy new year to you all! ?

Users who are viewing this thread